You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Batman: Arkham Asylum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2009, 01:28 AM   #61
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadsoul View Post
Collision/clipping is still mess, in one video batman doesn't even hit the enemy face, his punch doesn't even touch, kills immersion.
This happened to me no end of times on the demo. What makes it even more noticeable is that it happens during slow motion! Enemies dropping to the floor when Batman brutally kicks the air next to their faces, now THAT's a finishing move!!
Old 08-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #62
merely human

Average review score thus far: 93/100 at Metacritic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurogamer
Rarely does a game do a character justice in such a satisfying way. Arkham Asylum finds room for every major aspect of Batman's enduring appeal, and it does so in a game compelling enough to work even without its masked star. Fans of the caped crusader really shouldn't hesitate - this isn't just the best grown-up Batman game, it's the best superhero game, bar none.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ba...-asylum-review

Looks impressive.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #63
handsome

IGN video review - http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14273...dr_082009.html
Old 08-22-2009, 03:42 AM   #64

Some forum guys are reporting only mention of what i was expecting be bossfights.
The bosses are way fewer than i thought, what a waste.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:06 PM   #65
Psychonaut

This game is freaking AWESOME.

I've been playing it most of today. It has that real "just another 5 mins" addiction appeal.

The atmosphere and the voice acting is superb.

The fighting is good fun and hunting down all the riddles and generally exploring the ayslum is great.

There is something about the way it plays that reminds me of Bioshock.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:22 AM   #66
The Quiet One

Ditto.

I think it's safe to say that this has become a new favourite of mine.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 09-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #67
merely human

My copy (early birthday gift to myself) arrived yesterday and I started it a few hours ago. Gorgeous game in every way.

It actually feels a lot like an adventure game, like a treasure hunt! I love The Joker, he's so demented. And I have the hots for Victor Zasz, what a naughty man he is.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-03-2009, 03:17 AM   #68
the midnight rambler

Me and my girlfriend thought that the animation looked quite rigid (based on the demo) but then again that is off the back of Uncharted so...
Old 09-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #69
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
My copy (early birthday gift to myself) arrived yesterday and I started it a few hours ago. Gorgeous game in every way.

It actually feels a lot like an adventure game, like a treasure hunt! I love The Joker, he's so demented. And I have the hots for Victor Zasz, what a naughty man he is.
You do know that Zasz slits the throats of people he has the hots for while posing them in lifelike stances, and then marks it on his body with a scar? All those scars on his body- Zasz's victims. Careful who you fall for

Firefox rules
Old 09-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #70
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccsie View Post
You do know that Zasz slits the throats of people he has the hots for while posing them in lifelike stances, and then marks it on his body with a scar? All those scars on his body- Zasz's victims. Careful who you fall for
Of course I do! I also know that during our possible date, I will inform Mr. Zasz that if he even thinks of harming me I will castrate him on the spot and slice his hands and feet off as well, with the most grave look of conviction in my eyes.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #71
Staff Member

I think it's universally agreed that this is a great game, so now all I'm waiting for is for the PC release on September 18th. It's weird that there is a 21 day gap between that and the console release, but I'm assuming it's probably down to piracy, which is a pain. Either way, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Batman and his cape of justice.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:46 AM   #72
The Quiet One

Free DLC next week for the 360 version.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 09-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #73
Psychonaut

The DLC is for all formats and not just the 360.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #74
The Quiet One

Oh.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #75

This is a great game, my third favorite current action-adventure game (just shy of fallout 3 and Resident Evil 5) on the market. The combat system is very engaging, but getting those high free flow combos (30+ hits) is so, so hard. With an adrenaline rush combat system that will test your skills as you battle craploads of baddies, high tech forensics to solve crime scenes, a wide arsenal of moves and manuevers including predatory stealth skills, and some neat bat gadgets at your disposal you will really feel like you really are the motherf*&@ing Batman in every sense of the word .

With an extremely dark atmosphere, a foreboding yet aesthetically amazing art style it should be noted this IS NOT an adaption of the technologically advanced and modernized Batman for kids from the movies. Arkham Asylum is an adult oriented and contemporary reimagining of the 1940's Batman universe from the original Detective Comics. The game is in part loosely based on the Arkham Asylum graphic novel and the Arkham Asylum: Living Hell comic series. I absolutely love the character portrayal and their costumes.

The PC release date is tomorrow actually (Sep. 15th) and I already got my pre-ordered copy in the store early...except GameStop can't go against their policy and legally hand my copy over to me, which I've already paid for, until the day of the official launch. I understand where they're coming from, but it's still pretty lame.

I put up some sets with screencaps on flickr if anybody is interested, also posted a few of the unlockable 3D character trophies. If you want you can check out the photo sets here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/genocidemajik/sets/
Old 09-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #76
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

My PC copy arrived today (odd, since the UK release isn't until 18th, though I'm not about to complain).

So far... brilliant. Utterly brilliant.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:52 PM   #77
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
My PC copy arrived today (odd, since the UK release isn't until 18th, though I'm not about to complain).

So far... brilliant. Utterly brilliant.
It only gets better

Firefox rules
Old 09-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #78
merely human

I attest to that. But right now I'm playing Wet, will switch back to Bats later tonight.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #79
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 View Post
It only gets better
A shade over 30% done now (I'm taking my time with it). I agree with you so far.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #80
kamikaze hummingbirds

I'd get this if I wasn't leaving my 360 next week...