You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General The SEXIEST game characters

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2004, 02:45 AM   #61

I haven't really found that many game characters to be sexy. I think it's simply because the two main things that make a girl attractive, looks and personality, usually aren't there. I mean, we're just starting to get the kind of graphics in games where looks could start to become a factor, but even then, we still have a long way to go. Things are still kind of clunky looking. (For example, contrary to popular opinion, I don't think the Dead or Alive girls playing volleyball look all that sexy or lifelike. From the clips I've seen, they all look like identical wooden anime mannequins.) Although I admit, I don't play a lot of games, much less the most recent, most technologically advanced ones.

Also, personality....It seems only adventure games have ever even attempted at giving their characters personality. And, even then, only recently (remember King's Quest?) And even within that small pool, I think only a few games actually succeed.

So, given those two factors--not a lot of sexy game dames to choose from.

Still having said all that, I'd have to vote for Doralice from Lost in Time. She had that gorgeous English-accented voice, and whenever they'd show a close up (basically just those pixellated eyes) she looked sort of Sheryl Crow-ish. Also, I'm just now playing Beyond Good and Evil on Gamecube and the lead character Jade (who, for a video game, has very specific, unconventional looks) is pretty darn cute. Kate Walker, in the FMV's had some pretty hot Euro-supermodel looks going. Although her blank personality sort of took away from that. I'd pick April Ryan for her cute voice, except for the fact that in the FMV cut-scenes, she was kind of homely looking.

By the way, Beyond Good and Evil is friggin' awesome. I urge anyone who enjoys great story and characters to pick it up. It's absolutely criminal that it hasn't sold well. I normally don't enjoy Action or "Action/Adventure" games on consoles, as much as pure adventure on the computer, simply because the characters and story aren't there. No, I don't consider the Zelda games to be the ultimate in Fantasy gaming, with their personality-free, motivation-free, mute, little-bastard protagonist, and completely arbitrary coin-collecting. In BG&E, there is pearl-collecting and animal-phographing, but it never feels arbitrary because those tasks are referred to so often by the other characters--often with specific reference to where you are in the game. It feels like am integral part of the story.

The same goes for BG&E's "dungeons." Lot's of quirky character interplay along the way--specific to where they are. Again, it's like following characters along in an exciting part of a book or movie, rather than the friggin tedious nature of getting Linc through a "dungeon" in his games. In the Zelda games, completing the dungeons sometimes feels like homework, or doing your taxes.

Beyond Good and Evil is literally the funnest, most enjoyable console game I can remember playing. The good will and affection the player builds up toward the characters is on par with the best pure Adventure games.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:44 AM   #62

Send a message via AIM to migviper
Default Jun'Ko Zane

How about Jun'Ko Zane from Freelancer? She has a nice butt!
Old 03-25-2004, 04:52 AM   #63
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Horse
By the way, Beyond Good and Evil is friggin' awesome. I urge anyone who enjoys great story and characters to pick it up. It's absolutely criminal that it hasn't sold well. I normally don't enjoy Action or "Action/Adventure" games on consoles, as much as pure adventure on the computer, simply because the characters and story aren't there. No, I don't consider the Zelda games to be the ultimate in Fantasy gaming, with their personality-free, motivation-free, mute, little-bastard protagonist, and completely arbitrary coin-collecting. In BG&E, there is pearl-collecting and animal-phographing, but it never feels arbitrary because those tasks are referred to so often by the other characters--often with specific reference to where you are in the game. It feels like am integral part of the story.

The same goes for BG&E's "dungeons." Lot's of quirky character interplay along the way--specific to where they are. Again, it's like following characters along in an exciting part of a book or movie, rather than the friggin tedious nature of getting Linc through a "dungeon" in his games. In the Zelda games, completing the dungeons sometimes feels like homework, or doing your taxes.

Beyond Good and Evil is literally the funnest, most enjoyable console game I can remember playing. The good will and affection the player builds up toward the characters is on par with the best pure Adventure games.
A-f'ing-men
Old 03-27-2004, 11:09 AM   #64
Kiss My Face

Send a message via MSN to scabb

I just finished Beyond Good and Evil this morning, it is a pretty damn good game - The abridged Zelda, with nicer story & characters. It did seem a little short and easy, but people are too demanding of game length nowadays anyway - and I guess the whole "sneaking past guards" aspect was a little worn out by the end. I disagree with the Zelda points, though - I loved the dungeons a whole lot more in Wind Waker. For me, the tedious part was collecting triforce shards. Zelda tends to focus on the Action, while BG&E was a lot more like an Adventure game - simplified combat system, superb story/setting/people, and the fact that when you die, you start again in the same room, so the game isn't very punishing.

Here endeth the completely irrelevant, possibly nonsensical and certainly inane ramblings.

Oh, yeah. Samus is hot. That orange suit really does it for me. Too bad Miss Piggy doesn't count as a computer game character.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:22 PM   #65

Cloud in Kingdom Hearts
Old 03-27-2004, 06:17 PM   #66
n00b on board

That girl from Beneath the Stael Sky, you know, when you emt her she had her really ass towards you and was woreking on a console, or how about that girl from Flight of the amzaon Queen that worked in the store, she also has a nice ass. Oh, I met this girl tdoay outside of walmart, she was wearing a Cheugevara tee and reading Marques, she was also very good looking and immediately drew my attention, I spoke with her for a spell and learned that hundred years of sloitude was the only thing by him that hse read and I had never finished it because the later part was boring but she was as shy as a mail order bride and I had to keep the conversation going by force so after a while I got tangled up and lefter to her reading I guess I am saying the same thing maxwell is, that perosnality is very importantn for me too, i reckon I was more attracted by her book than by her looks.

Sh**! I should've taken her phone number, or better yet, her e-mail, yeah

And as for guys Salvador Limons, speaking of Che
Old 03-28-2004, 05:44 AM   #67

I have to say: Grace Nakimura from GK3. It started with those pants in the cutscene with Wilkes. Then, for the whole Day 3, she's wearing these jeans with the hole right..... yeah, you know what I'm talking about...

Seriously, I fell in love with Grace for her personality first, from the first two games. It just happened that, when I saw the cutscene mentionned above, I suddenly discovered a new side of Grace and it blew me away.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:44 AM   #68

farrah from prince of persia

THE BITCH WAS FINE