Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   The Sims 2 : who is gonna buy it here ? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/2341-sims-2-who-gonna-buy-here.html)

Leonard Shelby 03-06-2004 04:25 PM

The Sims 2 : who is gonna buy it here ?

I'm really anticipating the long awaited follow up to the cult game from Maxis and it seems this time it s more aim at adults with some really ambiguous pics and situations :D

What s your thoughts ? Do you think Maxis plans to make a more "adult" oriented game this time ?

D.C. 03-06-2004 04:26 PM

Not me. The first game was okay, but it got old pretty fast. My sister will most likely buy it though. :)

tabacco 03-06-2004 05:55 PM

The first game bored the hell out of me, so I don't think I'll be investing in the sequel :)

Zygomaticus 03-06-2004 06:06 PM

My experience with The Sims is similar to Serial Freak's.

For a while, it was crazy good. I remember staying up till 4 or 5 in the morning playing it just because I lost all track of time. But then it lost its draw and I just couldn't play it anymore. Got too monotonous for me... :(

SamandMax 03-06-2004 06:28 PM

The sequel doesn't seem to be adding much to the game. It just seems like a better looking expansion pack.

Starflux 03-07-2004 01:05 AM

I'm going to avoid it like sauerkraut.

zarathustrian 03-07-2004 09:10 AM

The first game was compelling--for all of five minutes. I'll pass on the sequel, thanks.

Tanukitsune 03-07-2004 10:11 AM

Not me, I liked the other Maxis games better, Sim City, Sim Tower, etc....

Why won't Maxis do a new original Sim game? Sim Badger? Sim Roach? Sim Godzilla? Sim Butcher? :P

mag 03-07-2004 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonard Shelby
Do you think Maxis plans to make a more "adult" oriented game this time ?
Yes. EA Games presents The Sims XXX. :)

Like others here, though, there's probably no way I'll ever play this unless I get a free copy with my next computer (that's how I got the first Sims). I played the original for all of about five minutes before I became bored with it. I can't understand why anyone would want to play that game. But I guess there are people who like it, and that's what counts.

mag

Leonard Shelby 03-07-2004 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mag
I can't understand why anyone would want to play that game. But I guess there are people who like it, and that's what counts.
mag

It s what we can call a matter of taste :devil:

I did enjoy it and will enjoy the new one for sure .

It s certainly more interesting than watching a real tv show isn't it (well it s the same but it s more "interactive" since you re acting on the characters (or not) *D) .

Anyway, i see nobody likes this game here but it did sold millions and millons of copies and is still the best selling game ever on PC (nothing less) so there s surely people who like it :D

D.C. 03-07-2004 07:07 PM

I think lots of people bought it though and discovered that it got old fast. :)

Leonard Shelby 03-07-2004 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerialFreak
I think lots of people bought it though and discovered that it got old fast. :)

It wasn t old so fast for me ;)

I did play it one or two hours then would go to another game (or vacation) and would come back the next day ect .

I just think there s something attractive to it (hum voyeurism anyone :P :D), it s kinda like an interactive real tv show (or a giant tamagochi) :D

Will play it between hours into Farenheit :7

D.C. 03-07-2004 07:14 PM

I don't like reality TV either. :) (Although I admit Big Brother is pretty addictive :))

tabacco 03-07-2004 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamandMax
The sequel doesn't seem to be adding much to the game. It just seems like a better looking expansion pack.

I will say that there's some cool tech stuff under the sequel. One neat thing is that there's a really cool aging and genetics system in place. Characters are born, age, and die. Plus, parents pass on traits to their children fairly realistically, with recessive/dominant traits and everything taken into account.

Unfortunately, the basic gameplay is still the same, so no thanks :)

Leonard Shelby 03-07-2004 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabacco
I will say that there's some cool tech stuff under the sequel. One neat thing is that there's a really cool aging and genetics system in place. Characters are born, age, and die. Plus, parents pass on traits to their children fairly realistically, with recessive/dominant traits and everything taken into

There s an ADN ' s system which makes children of a couple on the game looking like their parents, sounds interesting :D

Skinkie 03-07-2004 07:55 PM

Dude, there's two chicks kissing in one of their screenshots, and there's another with this girl bent over and the guy is looking at her butt. They're definately targeting a new audience.

Moron Lite 03-07-2004 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabacco
I will say that there's some cool tech stuff under the sequel. One neat thing is that there's a really cool aging and genetics system in place. Characters are born, age, and die. Plus, parents pass on traits to their children fairly realistically, with recessive/dominant traits and everything taken into account.

Unfortunately, the basic gameplay is still the same, so no thanks :)

I think the stuff you mentioned will actually change the game quite a bit, obscuring what we could consider "the basic gameplay".

remixor 03-07-2004 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonard Shelby
cult game

Whoa there, what the whoa hey what?

Pappapisshu 03-07-2004 10:12 PM

At least we know they're not going to cancel this game in mid-production. I guess that's some sort of comfort...or something.

tabacco 03-07-2004 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moron Lite
I think the stuff you mentioned will actually change the game quite a bit, obscuring what we could consider "the basic gameplay".

Not really, no. It's still all about little fake people doing nothing much. If I want to watch people, I'll go outside.