You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General The Sims 2 : who is gonna buy it here ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2004, 10:43 PM   #21
Least used avatar ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Not really, no. It's still all about little fake people doing nothing much. If I want to watch people, I'll go outside.
So what constitutes people doing something much, as opposed to nothing much? Is falling in love, having children, and so on 'nothing much'? Aren't all game characters "little fake people"? And while you can just sit back and watch your Sims like you would the people outside, that's hardly 'gameplay' you're talking about.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:42 AM   #22
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moron Lite
So what constitutes people doing something much, as opposed to nothing much? Is falling in love, having children, and so on 'nothing much'? Aren't all game characters "little fake people"? And while you can just sit back and watch your Sims like you would the people outside, that's hardly 'gameplay' you're talking about.
To each his own, I guess. If that sort of thing entertains you, then best of luck with it.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:10 AM   #23
Least used avatar ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
To each his own, I guess. If that sort of thing entertains you, then best of luck with it.
Heh, I don't play The Sims. I'm just making a point.

Last edited by Moron Lite; 03-08-2004 at 02:18 AM.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:14 AM   #24
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinkie
Dude, there's two chicks kissing in one of their screenshots, and there's another with this girl bent over and the guy is looking at her butt. They're definately targeting a new audience.
You're definitively right (that what i was saying in my first post about it) and here is the proof :

Old 03-09-2004, 08:05 PM   #25
The Robot Head of Love

Send a message via ICQ to zarathustrian Send a message via AIM to zarathustrian Send a message via MSN to zarathustrian Send a message via Yahoo to zarathustrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Shelby
You're definitively right (that what i was saying in my first post about it) and here is the proof :

So...are you saying they're now targeting bikini-clad lesbians? Or suit-wearing voyeuristic perverts?
Old 03-09-2004, 08:46 PM   #26
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Shelby
Anyway, i see nobody likes this game here but it did sold millions and millons of copies and is still the best selling game ever on PC (nothing less) so there s surely people who like it
That's kind of what I was trying to say at the end of my last post. Even though I personally don't like the game or understand why other people would like the game, it's obviously doing something right. The Sims just seems to me to be a little too much work to simulate what I do all the time anyway.

Of course, the bikini-clad lesbians don't hurt. For Will Wright's next game I want to see Grand Theft Auto: Sim City.

mag
Old 03-09-2004, 08:58 PM   #27
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

The bed casts no shadow, but the kissin' gals' shadow has burned a hole through the carpet.... In all, that shot looks like a quirky episode from some sixties sitcom...