You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Prince of Persia Sequel & Movie in the Making

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 04:52 PM   #1

Default Prince of Persia Sequel & Movie in the Making

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/...s_6090699.html

It's good to see that Jordan Mechner is going to write the movie's script.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:59 PM   #2

game was dope as cheese, with a great soundtrack...enjoyed it all
Old 03-04-2004, 05:25 PM   #3

This is good to hear. I was worried after reading that the UK sales were going pretty badly... The game deserves succes.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:31 AM   #4
merely human

Quote:
Prince of Persia Sequel & Movie in the Making
Am I surprised? I just hope they cast an excrutiatingly hot actor for the Prince! I can't believe I'm madly in love with a digital hero. Ugh, he can use his sword on me anytime! ........ :eek:
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-05-2004, 03:19 PM   #5
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I heard that the director of Prince of Persia would be none other than Uwe Boll, but that would be just cruel to all of us, right?

AITD->Far Cry->Prince Of Persia->BloodRayne

"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:36 PM   #6

Default Prince of Persia Sequel & Movie in the Making.

I can't believe that a sequel to Prince Of Persia: The Sands of Time is already in development. This really makes me want to play the first game.

Also, I am a big movie buff, and the Press release of Prince Of Persia getting turned into a movie excites me, thanks to that famous Producer, Jerry Bruckheimer. One thing though, and this is for Jordan Mechner if he's reading this: PLEASE DON'T LET UWE BOLL DIRECT THIS MOVIE! From what I read about House of the Dead, he sounds like an extremely untalented director.

This is exciting news, indeed.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:35 PM   #7
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Hooray, Jerry Bruckheimer. I get the feeling the prince is going to be one man, struggling against all odds, in a world of treachery and chaos.

Well, I guess that actually describes the game pretty well too.

Oh, and it'll be a motion picture event of epic proportions.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 03-05-2004, 05:44 PM   #8

You know what would be interesting, if Quentin Tarantino wrote the screenplay for and directed a game-spinoff. I mean, let's face it, 99% of games have very simple plots and wooden dialogue. But Tarantino can have characters talk about nothing and still make it interesting. I bet he could write a kick-ass game adaptation if he wanted to.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:47 PM   #9

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
You know what would be interesting, if Quentin Tarantino wrote the screenplay for and directed a game-spinoff. I mean, let's face it, 99% of games have very simple plots and wooden dialogue. But Tarantino can have characters talk about nothing and still make it interesting. I bet he could write a kick-ass game adaptation if he wanted to.
I don't know, Tarantino isn't a very versatile writer. He's very talented but he's really only shown evidence of being great within fairly specific styles. I'm not sure his writing would lend itself to most video games adaptations, which I don't think would have ROOM for the kind of breeze-shooting scripts Tarantino writes. Maybe if it was some kind of bizarre violent profane adventure game, I guess.

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 03-05-2004, 06:06 PM   #10

It wouldn't have to be based on an adventure game... and if you leave that out of the equasion there's no shortage of bizarre profanity, wouldn't you agree?

I agree he is perhaps a bit specific in his style though. Another good one would be M Night Shamalan. He takes super-cheesy concepts and turns them into great films. That man could make something emotional and suspenseful out of Tetris, I tell you.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:07 PM   #11

Hey, another Shyamalan fan!
Old 03-05-2004, 06:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
It wouldn't have to be based on an adventure game... and if you leave that out of the equasion there's no shortage of bizarre profanity, wouldn't you agree?
Well, it wouldn't HAVE to be an adventure, but it's hard for me to think of many games in non-adventure genres that could support enough dialogue to make a Tarantino script worthwhile.

Old 03-06-2004, 12:18 AM   #13

I'd like to see some of them zombie babes in the PoP movie. Yes siree Bob.

Old 03-06-2004, 02:23 AM   #14

Why does the words Tomb Raider pop into my mind when reading this?
Old 03-06-2004, 10:08 AM   #15

Default Reply to NBordic_Guy's post.

Nordic, Tomb Raider is a completely different film franchise. I may be wrong, but I don't think Jerry Bruckheimer produced either of the two movies.

Besides, how can you not be excited that Prince of Persia is being turned into a movie, especially since the producer was the same guy who did Pirates of the Caribbean-The Curse of the Black Pearl (that was a very entertaining movie) Don't worry, Nordic, I really think that this will be an exciting movie.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:09 AM   #16

Oops, I accidentally mispelled Nordic's name in my topic. :eek: I slipped a B in there. Sorry about that.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:19 AM   #17

It's all in the script. I'm no fan of Bruckheimers movies usually, but Pirates was brilliant. For a large part that was down to the fact that it was written by the same guys that wrote the script for Shrek.

Now seeing as Jordan Mechner himself is doing the writing for this film I think there's no need to worry...
Old 03-06-2004, 10:47 AM   #18
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycroft
I'd like to see some of them zombie babes in the PoP movie. Yes siree Bob.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-06-2004, 03:46 PM   #19

Yeah, but they had Angelina Jolie and still they managed to mess it up.
But you're probably right, though, and I am looking forward to it.
If it's any game franchise that deserves a movie, it's PoP. The story and setting is practically made for the silver screen. Plus, I'm excited about another sequel.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:14 PM   #20
merely human

Maybe Johnny Depp can play the Prince?