You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Prince of Persia Sequel & Movie in the Making

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2004, 09:59 AM   #61

Default ha

so ur saying that prince of persia sold poorly ha
maybe u should read this news:

Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announces that Prince of Persia Warrior Within has already doubled sales of the brand's first installment, with 1.8 million units delivered in just two weeks.

and if you think iran is not persia read this:

Iran is a land of extraordinary diversity, geographically, climatically and ethnically. To many Europeans the word Persia is evocative of beautiful works of art- carpets, tiles, fine ceramics, miniatures and metal-work. Or they might think of Persian poets such as Hafez, Saadi or Omar Khayyam, who are often quoted in translation. Yet these artistic and literary accomplishments all date from the Islamic era. Much less well known, but no less fascinating, are the art and history of ancient Persia, or Iran.

Iraq was only part of iran(persia) during the persian empire.
people in Iran are persian and they speak persian
peple in Iraq are Arab and they speak Arabic
Old 12-31-2004, 10:25 AM   #62
DAVE

Sands of Time sold poorly until they started packing it with Splinter Cell.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:07 AM   #63

I believe it was a sleeper hit. Didn't do well around christmas, but sold lots eventually.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:34 PM   #64

Default me again

I was talking about pop:WW pop2 sold much more that pop1
It is a success
and the second one is not included any other game

another thing is that so mony people think that persians are Arab but persians and Arabs are totally different
different race,language and ...

Last edited by daneshhh; 12-31-2004 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:38 PM   #65

o nothing
Old 12-31-2004, 09:41 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
... and supremely silly.

Somehow I think any film involving muslims in a positive way will bomb in the US and UK. Come to think of it, that's probably why Sands of Time sold so badly. "What a stupid game... Doesn't everyone know muslims are evil?"
No, why do u think like that
Old 01-01-2005, 03:42 AM   #67

Maybe you misunderstood my sarcasm... My views could not be more different from that (note the quotation marks). I don't think such things. I was just pointing out that, sadly, many others do.

Last edited by Ninja Dodo; 01-01-2005 at 03:56 AM.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:45 AM   #68
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Okay, just how many "Prince of Persia" games have there been? I bought a used computer some time ago that had some version on it, but this was an old-style "scroller" game, and may have been in only 16 colors. As I am neither a "scroller" fan, nor a fan of fighting RPGs, I deleted it not long after trying it. I've seen versions of this game in the original packages that called for MS-DOS as an operating system, maybe even on 5 1/2" floppy disks, so it must be an exceedingly long-running franchise.
The newest version has recieved rave reviews from people whose opinions I have learned to trust, so it must be pretty good. One person told me point-blank that this might be the game that changed my mind about the RPG/fighting genre. High praise, indeed.
I second the votes for either Johnny Depp or Guy Pearce as The Prince, and Ms. Velasquez as Farah. Oded Fehr (sp?), from "The Mummy" and "Deuce Bigelow", might make a good Jaffar, too.

Share the love.

<3
Old 01-01-2005, 09:14 AM   #69
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

There's now five PoP games.

Prince of Persia (1989)
Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow & The Flame (1993)
Prince of Persia 3D (1999)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (2003)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (2004)
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.