You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Prince of Persia Sequel & Movie in the Making

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2004, 04:22 PM   #21

... but why is the rum gone?
Old 03-06-2004, 10:16 PM   #22
T.J. Hooker's Lovechild

Err, I can't stand this 'franchise' nonsense... I would prefer if they made a Prince of Persia movie based on the first two games... and get someone to direct who is a longtime fan of the game if possible.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:24 PM   #23
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHousequake
I would prefer if they made a Prince of Persia movie based on the first two games...
Why? I don't think the movie will be good regardless of which game it's based on, but the plot of Sands of Time is at least slightly more suited for film.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 03-06-2004, 11:55 PM   #24

Jerry Bruckheimer is not my favourite producer, but Pirates of the Caribbean was great. We'll have to wait and see here.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:59 AM   #25
Part time writer for hire

Send a message via AIM to redhotray Send a message via MSN to redhotray Send a message via Yahoo to redhotray

Trep - I think Depp would be great as the Prince!! I've yet to buy the PoP Sands game yet, and was a little offput that PoP 2 was not included as a freebie in the European release, but I am definately still gonna get it! I was intrigued by it from day one, it looks stupendous!

Oh, and as a side note, it appears that enough money was made on the second Tomb Raider film to *gasp* make a third one!!!!! It appears Jolie herself is up for it again as well. At least, that's the rumour at the moment.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:10 AM   #26
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I just bought the game yesterday from play.com, it's now 9.99£ in there!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:05 AM   #27
Artist Currently Known As

Dude, the Prince Of Persia series is tight as heck! I'm not good at POP1 or 2 though, as they are extremely hard. But, I'm glad I decided to buy POP:TSOT as it was the most fun gaming experience I've had in years, which I'm sure others who've played the game should agree. I was so excited last night, having just beaten the game, then going online to see not only a sequel but possibly a movie as well. I must admit the final battle is a piece of cake and might've been a little too easy for being the Final battle of the game, but then again the whole rest of the game before it was fun and challenging enough, so it evens out. But I hope in the sequel they make the final battle a little more difficult, and include dodging of fireballs.

For those of you who aren't there yet (SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER) I'll briefly recap: The final battle in POP:TSOT is against the nameless Vizier (though some speculate his name was Jaffar, for as you know, ALL treacherous Viziers in Ancient Persia are always named Jaffar) and all he did was send out three clones to fight you, and all you had to do was block and vault.

Well, if I were to design the final boss for the Sands of Time sequel, I'd have a huge demon dude that also shoots fireballs so you have to dodge it. There should also be traps in the arena to spice things up. Like, maybe you have to run parallel along a wall, then jump off and grab a pole in the middle, then hit a device with your sword that electrocutes the Demon boss, then jump off the pole cause it crumbles (but reappears shortly) and then repeat. Each time it'll get harder, the Demon Boss will spawn more minion demons to harass you, spikes'll start popping up. Oh well, that's just my idea, I'll leave it to Mechner to impress us again with his brilliance. Isn't Mechner such a cool name?

But I wonder what the plot will be for the sequel, seeing as how (SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER) the Prince did the Mega-Rewind and prevented the disaster from ever happening in the first place at the end of the game. Well, I suppose someone else could always release the Sands of Time again. I'm really looking forward to the movie. Man, not only do we get Mortal Kombat III this year, but the POP movie is also slated to be released sometime 4th quarter 2004, or December as I've heard. Can't wait!
Old 03-07-2004, 09:49 AM   #28
merely human

Damn you, Sharaman, for partly spoiling it for me and I haven't bought the game yet! (I've only played the demo to death) How 'bout some spoiler tags next time ?

redhotray, I can't think of any actress who could play Farah (or whoever sidekick/love interest) who's good and looks exotic. The only one who comes to mind is Yasmeen Ghauri, who is half Indian, half German. But she's a model, not an actress:

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-07-2004, 09:59 AM   #29

Default Damn you Trep :P

I like the half-Indian part.

Just checking...did you do a lot of research to come up with this pic ?

btw, can you come up with someone who can play the zombie babe?
She has to be fairly tall with long legs...you know what I mean, right ?

*runs*

Old 03-07-2004, 10:14 AM   #30
merely human

No, I've always known of Ghauri for years (I've a background in art and fashion). I dunno, I guess they can train a bunch of tall, thin, long-legged Indian girls to fight with daggers, then throw them all at Johnny Depp.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-07-2004, 10:35 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotray
Oh, and as a side note, it appears that enough money was made on the second Tomb Raider film to *gasp* make a third one!!!!! It appears Jolie herself is up for it again as well. At least, that's the rumour at the moment.
I really doubt that. They might have gotten just about enough money in, but the movie was practically slaughtered by both the audience and the reviewers. I don't think they could fool the people thrice.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:51 PM   #32

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordic_guy
I really doubt that. They might have gotten just about enough money in, but the movie was practically slaughtered by both the audience and the reviewers. I don't think they could fool the people thrice.
I don't know, I think it's very possible. The movie still made a good deal of money despite it not getting huge amounts of acclaim. They probably figure everyone will end up seeing a third film ANYWAY even if it's not good. Horrible, but true. They did make a sequel to the terrible Scooby-Doo live action film, and the first one got absolutely awful reviews. Most likely they can get enough parent/children ticket sales to cover costs and a bit more, and they'll be happy.

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 03-07-2004, 02:10 PM   #33
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
They did make a sequel to the terrible Scooby-Doo live action film, and the first one got absolutely awful reviews. Most likely they can get enough parent/children ticket sales to cover costs and a bit more, and they'll be happy.
I don't know the facts, but didn't the first Scooby Doo make quite a lot of money in USA box offices?

I could of course be wrong about this?
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:46 PM   #34
T.J. Hooker's Lovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
Why? I don't think the movie will be good regardless of which game it's based on, but the plot of Sands of Time is at least slightly more suited for film.
Well let's look at the story and also the elements of the art design and dialogue. Now I know Jordan Mechner is one of the most creative PC designers out there but it's obvious Sands Of Time holds its influence from these sort of adventure movies in the mainstream like The Mummy and Lord Of The Rings and quite frankly it's ironic that a game influenced on these movies is being made into a movie. In other words, I wouldn't want a Prince Of Persia movie to be like Pirates Of The Caribbean, I would want a Prince Of Persia movie to be like Prince Of Persia.

Last edited by JHousequake; 03-07-2004 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:18 PM   #35
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotray
Trep - I think Depp would be great as the Prince!!
Depp is the perfect choice for being the prince

If not i would enjoy either Hugh Jackman or Guy Pearce

As for the director would be fun if it was Tim Burton haha
Old 03-08-2004, 04:14 AM   #36

"It's a clue!"

I haven't seen it, but it seems to me the problem with the Scooby Doo film is that it's very true to the original series. It's just that the series is so INCREDIBLY LAME!

The live action version just puts that into sharp focus.

"If it wasn't for those damn kids!"

For Farrah actresses... dunno, I would've said Catherine Zeta-Jones a couple of years ago and Rachel Weisz has that kind of thing going in The Mummy... but neither of them looks oriental enough I suppose.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:30 AM   #37

We will probably see bullet-time sword fighting in this film or arrow-time sword fighting if is directed by uwe boll (house of the dead puts a new meaning to the words bad movie and alone in the dark looks like its going the same way).
For the zombie chicks my vote goes to charlize theron...
Old 03-09-2004, 10:15 PM   #38
merely human

mycroft! I think I just found the perfect actress to play Farah. Meet Patricia Velasquez:

You remember her, don't you? She played the evil Egyptian babe in The Mummy Returns. She's not a bad actress.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:16 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHousequake
Well let's look at the story and also the elements of the art design and dialogue. Now I know Jordan Mechner is one of the most creative PC designers out there but it's obvious Sands Of Time holds its influence from these sort of adventure movies in the mainstream like The Mummy and Lord Of The Rings and quite frankly it's ironic that a game influenced on these movies is being made into a movie. In other words, I wouldn't want a Prince Of Persia movie to be like Pirates Of The Caribbean, I would want a Prince Of Persia movie to be like Prince Of Persia.
I really don't see how Sands of Time bears much similarity to The Mummy, Lord of the Rings, or Pirates of the Caribbean (?!), and I also still don't see how the first two Prince of Persia games would translate very well to film.

Old 03-11-2004, 05:53 PM   #40
Artist Currently Known As

The Mexican...starring Brad Pitt.
The Last Samurai...is Tom Cruise.

What next?

The Last Negro On Earth...starring Tom Hanks.

I'm not hopeful, but maybe they could get some Arab or Indian actors to play the Prince and Farah, seeing as how the characters are supposed to be Persian in the first place (and Persia is ancient Iraq). Hollywood seems to have prejudices against "dangerous minorities."

Irregardless, I would still pay to go see Johnny Depp run sideways up the wall, swinging a scimitar.

BTW Intrepid, I kinda figured having (SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER) in there sorta meant dont read unless you want to be spoiled. However, seeing that it was my first post, I was unsure whether these forums had <spoiler></spoiler> tags. I'm sorry if I ruined it for you.

I just had a crazy idea: hey does anyone know the black singer who called himself Prince, or The Artist Formerly Known As Prince? What if they got him to play the title role in the Prince Of Persia movie? That'd be poetically swell and ironically befitting.

Last edited by Prince_Sharaman_Of_Persia; 03-11-2004 at 06:07 PM.