You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Tomb Raider: Underworld

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 01:11 AM   #1
Psychonaut

Default Tomb Raider: Underworld

Lara Croft uncovers proof of the existence of the mythical hammer of the Norse God Thor, a weapon rumored to have the power to smash mountains into valleys and destroy the Gods themselves.

Setting an epic journey around the globe in motion, Lara visits the ruins of ancient civilizations, collecting clues that lead her to a forgotten power that could lay waste to all civilization. Exploiting the power and capabilities of next generation consoles, Lara must hunt for clues across larger than life environments, seen with exquisite, detailed clarity. Solving multifaceted puzzles, facing foes both animal and supernatural, players have the aid of enhanced weapons and abilities, as they explore the secrets of the past.

The coast of Thailand, frozen islands of the Arctic Sea, the jungles of Mexico, and beneath the Mediterranean Sea have been confirmed as locations so far.

Release: November 18th 2008

First official Trailer - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37015.html

Reverse explosion quite cool.

Interview with developer - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37275.html

Developers - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36965.html

Looks Cool.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
The Quiet One

Should be good. I check the Tomb Raider Chronicles Inc. website every day for updates. The Mediterranean Sea screenshots look pretty nifty.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-29-2008, 08:03 AM   #3

looks pretty dope. cant wait for it to release and try it out.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #4

Can't wait! I've been really pleased with the way the series has turned around with Legend and Anniversary. It'll be exciting to see what CD does with the first game built around newer hardware.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:29 AM   #5
Life and times of...

So... Nobody has played it?

I'm having quite fun, there are the usual camera problems and such but I've never been that troubled by them.

Looks pretty great, and I think Lara looks more realistic than in Legends (here limbs were odd in that..).

However, I'm wondering if there really isn't Croft Mansion this time? I haven't completed the game so I can't say if it's a feature that you get after completing (although that would seem a bit odd), but I'm sad to see it go if it's really gone.

Spoiler:
Of course, it's understandable story-wise when the mansion blows up in the beginning, but I still think there should've been either a "before-the-explosion mansion" (especially since the actual game then starts earlier, I guess leading up to the explosion) or just a different one, it's been said that she owns numerous mansions.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:58 AM   #6
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

I've played it. I bought it because I wanted to see how the story from Legends was going to be wrapped up, and I've got to admit that the writing was a slight let-down. I might say that because I played it after going through a few massive, epic games like Gears of War 2 and Dead Space, but still, the story felt a bit like an afterthought.

Great looking game, though. And the gameplay's seamless.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:08 AM   #7
The Quiet One

I'll probably pick this up soon.

As for the camera, i don't recall it ever giving me any trouble in the previous games.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 01-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #8

i'll get this game in the coming months.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:15 AM   #9
Life and times of...

So I take it I was right that there's no Croft Mansion?
Old 01-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #10
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

This had maybe the most weird and bad game story I've seen in a long time, a really waste of my precious time...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.