You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #41

Yeah i agree i am hardcore fan of teamico, if you count i think there already many games in sony lineup, they are saving it for later, though they must show something in leipzig and TGS.

TGS is best time for teamico game debut, but something i get form sony attitude is may be they dont want to overshadow their present lineup with upcoming titles.

So publicize what is coming this year.

Look how microsoft holdbacked new halo game announcement at last minute on e3.

Both companies are hiding their cards, but surely ps3 hss more creative/diversive library.

Heavyrain behind closed doors, is good decision probably because you know develpers are too careful to not to let their idea copied.
You know what quantic wants to do with new innovative adventure game, who knows someone will copy that idea and steal their show , so show the game before someelse can copy and release it sooner than you.

As far as afrika goes i am sure it will get euro release, after that you can import because it will be region free[all ps3 games are].

Siren will get asian release on july24th, and will be in english

As far as PoP goes what i didn't like

The disney look against mature look, its not illustrative, it looks naruto,+ texture work is ps2 level in HD, and as i said i hate background blurring, it wasnt there in sands of time and twothrones, thats why i loved them, they had long clip distances.

They say its illustrative but its complete celshading stuff not different from naruto,roguegalaxy etc.

They had oil painint feel in lastgen games, where this game feels watercolored type with too light hearted feel.

I hated ripped of concepts of ico and okami.

The whole corruption and healing, i was like cmon , are they that impressed with okami?

Didnt like battle too.

The AI partner is worst of all, when she started flying in demo i was like why he even need to do all that stuff by himself if she she can fly through glyphs.

The whole demo stage felt like
puzzles, jumpplatfrms specifically made for game, looked as game setup, where other games merge the gameplay elements in real surroundings, new PoP made them as training level stage.

and above all there is nothing persianfeeling about it, its all crazy mixture of different concepts, and nothing gives vibe of persia[from clothes to environments].

Sand of time nailed it perfectly, it had even the culture and locations/architecture intact.

Quote:
"Heavy Rain" sounds interesting (any chance of the footage shown at the closed presentation getting leaked?), but what a shame it's a PS3 exclusive (any chance of it getting ported to the PC eventually?).

No actually, as far as i know, it is published by sony, just like LBP.

And closed presentation are started by first searching your body for any sneaky cameras so i am afraid no leaks.

But dont worry there are confirmations of heavyrain in next month convention[leipzig], on 18th.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:42 AM   #42
aye, aye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadsoul View Post
heavy rain was showed closed doors, it blew evryone , they will show probably to public in leipzing or tgs.

----

siren[ i have played 3 chapters and its absolutely necessary for any adventure fan, not to mention horror fan].
Heavy Rain is the only reason for me to buy a PS3. And I probably will. Because I am a dweeb and hyping that game sooo much *_____*

About Siren-- I adore the first game even though it's superhard for me and I haven't touched it in years... (only played a few chapters until I gave up...) That's why the thought of remaking it but with americans having the main role kind of irks me. I loved Miyako and Kyoya, why can't they just remake the first game? ;_;
But apparently it's really good, so I guess I need to force myself to play it someday...
Old 07-21-2008, 05:02 AM   #43
MoP
Comfortably Numb

I guess I'll have to settle for watching a walkthrough of it or something, because I don't see myself buying a console anytime soon. Rats...

Ey, QuanticDream, how the hell am I supposed to support ya if I can't even play yer friggin' game, eh? [/rant_with_bad_grammar]
Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #44
aye, aye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoP View Post
I guess I'll have to settle for watching a walkthrough of it or something, because I don't see myself buying a console anytime soon. Rats...

Ey, QuanticDream, how the hell am I supposed to support ya if I can't even play yer friggin' game, eh? [/rant_with_bad_grammar]
XD I agreeeeeeee. I won't be buying the game as soon as it comes out and same with the PS3 unless one of my friends decide to buy one for themselves (*force them to let me borrow it, bwahahaha!*), because a part of me is still hoping for a PC version ;_;
Old 07-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #45

just heads up on Heavyrain , check my post in this thread
http://adventuregamers.com/forums/sh...683#post475683

liepzig cant come soon enough
Old 07-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #46
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
unless one of my friends decide to buy one for themselves (*force them to let me borrow it, bwahahaha!*)
Well then, expect me to pop in with an unexpected visit when you do (a trip from Poland to Sweden would be probably cheaper than the console).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
a part of me is still hoping for a PC version ;_;
Aye...

Glad it's getting positive reactions though.

Hadn't noticed LittleBigPlanet previously, not my cup of tea but it's something fresh at least. Pretty cool.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #47
In an evening of July...

Not an E3 announcement, but since this topic has been brought up, I thought I'd mention its recent development:
Not only is FFXIII coming to X360, but also to PC (woo).

EDIT:
Well, looks like this was nothing but rumors.

Last edited by kuze; 07-25-2008 at 05:18 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:23 PM   #48

From another source
just received an e-mail from Square Enix, clarifying a misunderstanding regarding their upcoming project Final Fantasy XIII. Sorry to say this people, but it appears they haven't made any plans to bring the game to the PC. Here's what they said in the e-mail:

"Although the game is being developed using PC-based development tools, it is not coming to the PC."
Old 07-26-2008, 04:16 AM   #49
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
Quote:
BIG final announcement: FINAL FANTASY XIII coming to the 360 SAME DAY AS PS3
PS3 owners (all five of them) just committed suicide.
Yeah. Or sudoku...

And that's the best thing to come out of E3 this year.

On a more serious (and positive!) note, the trailer for id Software's new game Rage looks niiiiice.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #50
handsome

What about Versus? Still exclusive or what?
Old 08-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #51
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
What about Versus? Still exclusive or what?
Yes, Versus is still exclusive. For now at least.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:13 PM   #52

FFXIII for me, both sides show failure. The square-enix fanbois for one really don't realize that they're are games besides MGS4 on the playstation 3, square enix went with a more limited platform to port, and they didn't even start porting it yet....

Last edited by Wanderer; 08-07-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:39 AM   #53

Send a message via AIM to Rayvielle Send a message via MSN to Rayvielle

The FF13 multi-platform announcement is great news for a lot of people who have chosen their console but couldn't access it because it was exclusive to another. However, I feel this is bad news for Sony.

Microsoft maintain exclusivity on their key IP's (Halo, Gears, Fable), but keep picking away and taking Sony's. They even announced Fallout 3 has exclusive XBLA downloadable content, to co-incide with the exclusive GTA4 DLC XBLA owners are expected to have this year (which is rumoured to be as big as Vice City!).

I actually feel this is quite a blow to Sony. I'm against platform exclusivity for the most part, I think every gamer should be able to experience a game they want to play and shouldn't have to invest in another console just so they can do that. But I can also see how this can hurt a companies marketing strategy and be potentially fatal to them in the long run.

Still, a GREAT E3 for Microsoft, but a relatively poor one for Sony and Nintendo, even though a new Animal Crossing is always fun.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #54
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayvielle View Post
Still, a GREAT E3 for Microsoft, but a relatively poor one for Sony and Nintendo, even though a new Animal Crossing is always fun.
What? Why? Nothing new and most of the games were multi-plat, just because they announced some downloadable stuff for some games and the FF XIII news?

IMO Sony 'won', at least it showed some new exclusive games.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
IMO Sony 'won', at least it showed some new exclusive games.
Sony did what they did last year, focusing on what exclusives they had. And seeing that so far this year they're showing promise in that department, and last year with some very good playstation 3 only games. I didn't see nintendos nor all of microsofts, but I suspect they're a bit lack luster, considering microsofts lame attempt to make a better dashboard.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #56
gin soaked boy

As far as current home consoles go, it's hard to argue that Microsoft had a better showing than Sony (Nintendo is still doing its own thing and their E3 conference was either great or awful, depending on your disposition). Talking about new games and features, Sony showed prerendered teasers for God of War 3 and MAG, announced some PSN games (Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Fat Princess, Rag Doll Kung Fu, Crash Commando) and the PSN video store. Contrary to what you're implying, Microsoft also announced some new exclusives, albeit aimed at a different market segment (Lips, You're In The Movies, Scene It? Box Office Smash), exclusive Fallout 3 DLC, a number of XBLA releases (Portal: Still Alive, Galaga Legions, Uno Rush, Geometry Wars 2, the South Park game, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie - Tooie has been confirmed afterwards), the first batch of user created XNA titles, a complete revamp of the interface including the Avatar system, the Netflix deal and the huge Final Fantasy XIII announcement. Still, Sony also showed some new PS2 and PSP stuff so on he whole their conference wasn't bad at all.

By the way, Xbox 360 had some third party exclusives announced outside of the main press conference (RACE Pro, Naruto: The Broken Bond) and maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't remember seeing any new third party PS3 exclusives. Wii, of course, had tons (speaking of which, this really puts some things in perspective).

But who cares who had a better showing, there are enough good games coming to all systems. Besides, E3 is behind us now and we have PAX, GC, TGS and E4All to look forward to.