Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   "Half-Life 2 delayed" says Shacknews (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/228-half-life-2-delayed-says-shacknews.html)

Royal Fool 09-23-2003 09:25 PM

"Half-Life 2 delayed" says Shacknews

According to Shacknews, Doug Lombardi has confirmed hat Half-Life 2 is being pushed back for the holidays:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Lombardi
The previously announced September 30th release date for Half-Life 2 is being pushed back. We are currently targeting a holiday release, but do not have a specific "in-store" date to share at this time. We will release that information as soon as we have confirmed a new date.

This actually makes me sad and happy. Sad because we have to wait... but happy because this gives me more time to save up for a hardware upgrade.

zarathustrian 09-23-2003 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Fool
but happy because this gives me more time to save up for a hardware upgrade.

You're implying that you absolutely need to buy the game the moment it's released, which just isn't--oh, why do I bother?

The Poisoned Pawn 09-23-2003 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zarathustrian
You're implying that you absolutely need to buy the game the moment it's released, which just isn't--oh, why do I bother?

Yeah, if you're going to bother, you should start with me. I buy everything I want the second it comes out, so long as I've been waiting for it :)

SamandMax 09-24-2003 01:01 AM

And the delays begin...

Garyos 09-24-2003 05:49 AM

:frown:

The only positive side to this is that I'll get to play Max Payne 2 and Soul Calibour 2 without wanting to go and kill headcrabs all the time.

Or maybe not, I mean, it's not like it isn't like that NOW. :crazy:

Intrepid Homoludens 09-24-2003 06:36 AM

I'm glad I decided to do a gamer's blackout* on HL2, because if I hadn't and got wind of this news, I'd feel an overwhelming urge to run to the roof of the Empire State for some autodefenestration. [ http://www.smilies.okipages.com/s/co...Blurp_anim.gif at Kingzlebub]

*gamer's blackout: same as media blackout, but from a gamer's perspective - I stop reading/looking/talking about the game until the day it comes out.

twifkak 09-24-2003 07:07 AM

That's some pretty serious stuff, considering the Sears Tower is quite a bit closer. I hope you're feeling ok, trep.

bigjko 09-24-2003 07:13 AM

I just hope Max Payne 2 isn't delayed.

When is Soul Calibur 2 released to us Europeans, anyway?

James 09-24-2003 07:35 AM

crap crap mega crap.

still, id rather it be complete and late, than on time and bugged.

Kingzjester 09-24-2003 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens

Kingzlebub, I like that. Kingzlebub.

DomStLeger 09-24-2003 08:20 AM

I thought all big budget games pretty much got delayed? I mean isntt it usually take their target date and add six months :)

bigjko 09-24-2003 08:28 AM

Well, we were kind of hoping for a different scenario this time, since they'd been working on it secretly for five years...

James 09-24-2003 08:30 AM

yeah, but the great thing about hl2 was the definitive date, and ridiculously short time between announcement and release. now they could look very foolish indeed.

twifkak 09-24-2003 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingzjester
Kingzlebub, I like that. Kingzlebub.

It's definitely good, but it kind of breaks the whole "prophet" theme. Unless I'm crazy, which very well may be the case.

Garyos 09-24-2003 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjko
I just hope Max Payne 2 isn't delayed.

When is Soul Calibur 2 released to us Europeans, anyway?

Next week, according to feis. Check the Next Week thread...

Intrepid Homoludens 09-24-2003 11:30 AM

"Gold is forever. It is beautiful, useful, and never wears out. Small wonder that gold has been prized over all else, in all ages, as a store of value that will survive the travails of life and the ravages of time."

- James Blakely

Quote:

23:00 24 September 2003
PC News

Gabe Newell let us know that the 'news' posted on Shacknews yesterday (story) is a fake and that Half-Life 2 has gone Gold and in production now. Here's the official word: "The release will still remain on schedule for Sep 30th. People who have pre-orded it via Steam will still get it before the Sep 30th but we are currently ironing out a couple of bugs, people may have seen Half Life 2 yesterday for a minute on it while we were in our testing stages (...) The SDK will be available for download tomorrow 2.00pm EST. Now you've heard it from the horses mouth so rest assured. More news to follow on Sep 26th so watch this space."

Half Life 2 has gone Gold and in production now, the release will still remain on schedule for Sep 30th. People who have pre-orded it via Steam will still get it before the Sep 30th but we are currently ironing out a couple of bugs, people may have seen Half Life 2 yesterday for a minute on it while we were in our testing stages.

full story, Gamer's Hell

amishler 09-24-2003 12:59 PM

Because I never met a parade I couldn't rain on...

Quote:

Update: After a few phone conversations with VU and thorough investigation of e-mail headers, coupled with the knowledge that Valve isn't located in UK (e-mail header), we've decided to have fallen victims to an e-mail spoof (although Valve is still unavailable to comment). While VU PR representative was unable to comment on actual release date, we feel stronger than not that the game has indeed been delayed.

Intrepid Homoludens 09-24-2003 01:14 PM

:shifty: Hmmm, some immature little c@#t is playing jokes with us. See, this is exactly why I did a gamer's blackout on HL2, DX2, and Doom3.

Phil25 09-24-2003 01:45 PM

Second verse, same as the first: Need a new PC to play it.

Garyos 09-24-2003 06:17 PM

Yay!

But I really hope it's not only available for Steam on the 30th.... Man, that app SUCKS!