You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Dance Dance Revolution - basic questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 08:06 AM   #1
Hopeful skeptic

Default Dance Dance Revolution - basic questions

So, any DDR experts out there? Or at least, anyone willing to admit they're a DDR expert?

I know nothing about the series, and now that I have need to look into it, my head is swimming from all the details already. Maybe someone here can help with a few questions:

1) Are all "official" pads (i.e. bundled with the games) compatible with all other DDR games on that system?

2) Is the Wii pad compatible with the GameCube DDR games? (Or "game", as I think there's only one.)

3) Any third party mats to either pick up or avoid?
Old 07-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #2
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

1. They should be; the mat's buttons are usually directly mapped to regular joystick buttons. I've only got experience with the original Playstation and the PC, however. (Yes, I've owned the game for that long.)

2. Haven't tried it. I would guess that it is, given my answer to question 1, but I can't be sure.

3. I've had a couple of RedOctane Ignition mats, and they've served me well. I'd avoid the thin mats that are bundled with the games, unless you don't play very often; they tend to slide a lot and will stop working after a little while. (I used to have to mod them by stapling them to a large particle board.) I've never used the expensive hard ones, but I've heard good things from people who've plunked down the cash for them.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Spoiler:
Is patiently waiting for a video of Jack playing DDR.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:59 AM   #4
Hopeful skeptic

Thanks, Deirdra. I've seen you DDR skills first hand, so I know you know your stuff.

I ended up going for a bundled PS2 version, as that seemed like the best choice for flexibility of games, assuming full compatibility between games. I appreciate the mat advice, as well.

Mel, I didn't say it was for ME!

Spoiler:
I'll totally play it, though. But anyone caught filming me might have to die.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #5

I used to play Dancing Stage Megamix and other DDR-type games on the PS1 and PS2. Really good way to keep fit, but couldn't play it when people were watching! I could really do with getting one for the xbox if there are any!
Last Watched - Jackass the movie.
Want to Watch - Bruno.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:45 AM   #6

Wow, i really cant convince myself to play this game. i find it way too embarassing. You will never catch me playing this no matter how fun it looks