Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Which JRPG to play next? (Part 2) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/22755-jrpg-play-next-part-2-a.html)

MdaG 06-21-2008 01:21 PM

Which JRPG to play next? (Part 2)

So, I'm starting to see the end of Chrono Trigger now and it's certainly been a fun ride so far. Now for fun's sake I'm doing another poll. Vote on which is to be my next adventure :P

MoriartyL 06-21-2008 03:52 PM

Well, let's see. Chrono Cross bored me to tears. Final Fantasy VII and Xenogears I tried hard to like, but the farther I went the more I had to push myself to keep going. The rest I haven't personally played. Are these really the only options?

MdaG 06-22-2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoriartyL (Post 472353)
Well, let's see. Chrono Cross bored me to tears. Final Fantasy VII and Xenogears I tried hard to like, but the farther I went the more I had to push myself to keep going. The rest I haven't personally played. Are these really the only options?

No, they're not the only ones, but they are the games I for some reason didn't play when they came out and since Chrono Trigger was a pleasant surprise I'm hoping the listed games will be too. Generally I'm not much for all that combat usually involved in this genre, but some games manages to make it less repetitive and the stories and locations are more interesting than most other games, so in the end it's hopefully worth it. If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them?

Edit: Oh, and they're superb games for playing on the PSP during summer.

Isak 06-22-2008 01:41 AM

Whoops, I accidently hit wrong. I meant to hit Xenogears, now it went for Suikoden 2. Wait with Suikoden 2 and Final Fantasy VI, VII and IX until the atumn, save the best for last!
Have you played Final Fantasy VIII? Even if it may be the black sheep in the FF family, it's still a great game.

MdaG 06-22-2008 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isak (Post 472389)
Whoops, I accidently hit wrong. I meant to hit Xenogears, now it went for Suikoden 2. Wait with Suikoden 2 and Final Fantasy VI, VII and IX until the atumn, save the best for last!
Have you played Final Fantasy VIII? Even if it may be the black sheep in the FF family, it's still a great game.

Yes, I have played Final Fantasy VIII and I really liked it. I played the PC version in 1998.
So in your opinion the Final Fantasy games along with Suikoden II are the best games?

MoriartyL 06-22-2008 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MdaG (Post 472382)
If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them?

Hm. No, I guess I don't.

BucketBot 06-25-2008 10:40 AM

I loved Chrono Cross...but that was years ago. It might be boring as hell now for all I know.
Final Fantasy 7 and Chrono Cross were my favorite Japanese games once.

Giligan 06-26-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MdaG (Post 472382)
If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them?

Judging by your list of games, it's obvious that you're looking for PS2 games. If you have a Gamecube, though, I recommend Skies of Arcadia. It's a really fun J-RPG.

MdaG 06-26-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giligan (Post 472980)
Judging by your list of games, it's obvious that you're looking for PS2 games. If you have a Gamecube, though, I recommend Skies of Arcadia. It's a really fun J-RPG.

No actually I'm looking for PSX-games. I've heard good things about Skies of Arcadia though.

Owskie 06-26-2008 08:19 PM

suikoden 2 is the best rpg i have ever played and ive played most of them