Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Metal Gear Solid 4 (Probable spoilers!) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/22717-metal-gear-solid-4-probable-spoilers.html)

BerserkerTails 06-15-2008 11:37 PM

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Probable spoilers!)

So, just finished MGS4. Loved it, and loved the ending, despite the end cutscene being just over an hour long, haha. For those who have finished it, I've got a few questions that hopefully will be addressed in any further Metal Gear games...

(WARNING, MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD! REALLY, BIG END-GAME SPOILER!!)

Spoiler:
I felt the whole "Raiden needs to go see Dr. Madnar for a dialysis machine" section was really rushed. Especially considering Dr. Pettrovich Madnar was the original creator of Metal Gear in both MG1 and MG2. I thought they would go itno that, maybe a son or daughter, as Snake kills Madnar in Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. But they just kinda threw in a line halfway through the act like "Oh, Raiden will be fine... BUT NAOMI ESCAPED!" I'm thinking maybe this is a section that might have been cut for time.

The other thing I was thinking was, doesn't Johnny (Akiba) look like a young Snake? I was hoping that he was a secret fourth clone of Big Boss, one that could be the star of the next Metal Gear game (Which won't be directed by Hideo, but hopefully produced and/or written by). If we're to assume Johnny is the same age as Meryl (28), that would place his birthdate in 1986. Big Boss was definitely still "alive" by then, as the Outer Heaven incident didn't happen until 1995, and he didn't "die" until 1999 in Zanzibar Land. Question is, why would there be another clone made from Big Boss 14 years after the original clones?

Thoughts, anyone?

All in all though, great game. I totally was crying in the end... I felt like Otacon ;)

jedicri 06-16-2008 08:42 AM

I so want to read your spoiler post but I've yet have to start Act 3. Between work and other responsibilities, I don't see myeself continuing to play until probably the upcoming weekend .... bummer....

CrimsonBlue 06-27-2008 11:00 AM

Spoiler:
I too noticed that Johnny looked like a very young Solid Snake/Big Boss. I was waiting for exactly the same "confirmation" that you did. Maybe this is what Kojima meant that Solid's story is over. 'Cause it is. Kojima and Konami has already confirmed that there will be more Metal Gear games - but they won't center around Solid Snake, as his story is now officially concluded.

Maybe we'll see another Snake sometime in the future, if Johnny actually turns out to be a fourth clone. Maybe the reason he was created (and if Madnar is the same as the one in MG1 or 2) will be explained in a future game, but without being central to the main plot in that game. It could also be that Kojima made him look like a Snake because he simply loves to mess with the players minds.

Personally, I think MGS4 is one of the best games I've ever played, and that includes the first game. It was the perfect conclusion to a fantastically epic story. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go and play through it again.

Lucien21 06-27-2008 11:48 AM

Kojima needs a damn editor. :(

VictimOfScience 07-01-2008 09:48 AM

Just started Act 5 and even now I can say that it is one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had. The story is incredible and how it is told is amazing as well.

Spoiler:
The noir mission in Prague was AWESOME, as was the bike chase and Raven battle afterward. Then Shadow Moses had me tearing up when the music started playing. Man, I cannot wait to see what else happens!!

CrimsonBlue 07-02-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictimOfScience (Post 473630)
Just started Act 5 and even now I can say that it is one of the best gaming experiences I have ever had. The story is incredible and how it is told is amazing as well.

Spoiler:
The noir mission in Prague was AWESOME, as was the bike chase and Raven battle afterward. Then Shadow Moses had me tearing up when the music started playing. Man, I cannot wait to see what else happens!!

You're in for the greatest and most satisfying finale in video gaming history.

VictimOfScience 07-16-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue (Post 473793)
You're in for the greatest and most satisfying finale in video gaming history.

Yup, you were not kidding. I have finished it 3 times now, trying for different medals each time. It gets really fun when going for stuff like the crocodile and the one that gives Altair's outfit. It is actually HARD to get the Corpse body camo
Spoiler:
over 40 continues??? UGH.
One of the best games EVER MADE.