You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is official

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2004, 09:03 AM   #21
A Servicable Villain

I just wish GTA's were published on the GameCube... now THAT would deal with the false presumption that it only has friendly, colourful games! ^_^
Old 03-07-2004, 07:36 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax
I still wish they had the game set in Sin City. San Francisco is a kind of dull place to set a GTA game in.
Have you ever been to San Francisco? I can only being to imagine the kind of crazy stuff they can put on this game, like car chases on hills, cable car destructions, pier shenanigans and touristic attractions chaos. This is gonna be awesome.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:58 AM   #23
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax
I still wish they had the game set in Sin City. San Francisco is a kind of dull place to set a GTA game in.
Dooooooood, have you ever driven in San Francisco? Do you realize how much you'd be screaming going over those very steep hills and inclines at 90mph while trying to avoid/hit pedestrians, cable cars, and telephone poles? Don't underestimate this city's natural tectonics, it is one huge promontory of hills, baby!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-07-2004, 12:12 PM   #24

Send a message via MSN to Snatcher42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialFreak
Wouldn't it be cool to have a GTA game set in the future?
That's an awesome idea. I'm thinking Back to the Future II style, with flying cars, etc.

That should be the next game after GTA:SA.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:34 PM   #25
merely human

Left: Beam Breakers; right: NYRace.

There are actually already a couple of games like that, Snatcher - Beam Breakers and NYRace (based on The Fifth Element). Both got mediocre scores in reviews. But I think a GTA game with that kind of theme would be great.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 03-07-2004 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:38 PM   #26

Omikron: The nomad soul is set in the future... it just doesnt have flying carsor or cool car chases
Old 03-07-2004, 01:04 PM   #27
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Dooooooood, have you ever driven in San Francisco? Do you realize how much you'd be screaming going over those very steep hills and inclines at 90mph while trying to avoid/hit pedestrians, cable cars, and telephone poles? Don't underestimate this city's natural tectonics, it is one huge promontory of hills, baby!
Seriously. There are streets so steep the sidewalks have to be cut up into stairs. On top of which, you have a very wide variety of districts, tourist piers to terrorize, and all kinds of other crazy stuff.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:06 PM   #28
merely human

Mmmm. Havok physics, anyone?
Old 03-07-2004, 01:27 PM   #29
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Oh man... has anyone ever utilized Havoc physics in a driving game? Insanity!

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 03-07-2004, 01:30 PM   #30
merely human

I dunno, but blowing up a fuel barrel right by 3 or 4 bad guys in Max Payne 2 is just simply heaven!
Old 03-29-2004, 01:01 AM   #31

well, the title looks like the kind of lettering hispanic gangs use and the lettering of the family surnames on the back of people from Mexico's cars. So I think that the rumor that it's going to be set in gangland LA may not be totally unfounded. I'm not saying it's necessarily gonna be there, but I think it will quite possibly be in a similar setting.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:41 AM   #32
After 2 years...

*waits for Grand theft auto 4
you are in a
Dreamfall
Old 03-29-2004, 02:39 PM   #33
Kiss My Face

Send a message via MSN to scabb

Random earthquakes would be excellent!

I hope they manage to offend a few minorities, too.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:28 PM   #34

Default To jake

Look at el burro's belly on the picture of him on the GTA 3 poster. Analyze th A from his belly and the A on Andreas. You'll notice something.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:38 PM   #35
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

I hope to Tim that GTA San Andreas is modeled after SF. Both Liberty and Vice city were so flat... the best bits in Liberty City are the two or three decent sized hills you can go flying off of.

wheeeeee....

Anyone who doubts the excellence of San Francisco as a GTA city hasn't been there, or hasn't played Crazy Taxi.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 04-12-2004, 06:22 PM   #36
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
I hope to Tim ....
Old 04-12-2004, 06:46 PM   #37
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

I think you mean, ""
Old 04-12-2004, 06:54 PM   #38
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
I think you mean, ""
That too.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:03 PM   #39
False Hope

San Andreas?
Well, as far as I know it was to be called Sin City, or something and it was to be in SA. So, no problem. In the first GTA game, San Andreas was the best city. I mean I hope that GTA:SA will be cool. Maybe it will be set in the 70s maybe in the 90s. I still hope for it to be cooler than Liberty City (LC sucked - too dark) and Vice City (which of course ruled).
Old 08-12-2004, 07:47 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fool
For those of you who are pissed about the PS2 exclusivity, I understand you very well. This game will complete the contract that Sony made with Rockstar. Expect future GTA games to appear simultaneously on PS2 and Xbox. (And PC?)

And I agree, the logo isn't too good. Hope they add some color to it or do something slightly less ugly with it. My bet is on a 70's rap/rock athmosphere.
Sorry it's taking place in the early 90s with aman named Carl Johnson