You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General What games are there that my girl friend would like?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #21

Does your girlfriend like gaming, or is she just doing it cause you like it. Maybe you need to find something else that you can enjoy together or maybe she can read a book while you play. None of my ex boyfriends liked my gaming, they only liked car games or motorbike games [yuck].
Old 04-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #22
ssa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader View Post
Does your girlfriend like gaming, or is she just doing it cause you like it. Maybe you need to find something else that you can enjoy together or maybe she can read a book while you play. None of my ex boyfriends liked my gaming, they only liked car games or motorbike games [yuck].
I agree but at the same time you probably want her to be involved in something you enjoy. And I think it's commendable of you to go to such lengths trying to find something that will please you both. Though at some point you'll probably have to give up and take her bowling or something.

I know nothing about anime but she sounds like she likes cute and cuddly and thats what anime looks like to me (mostly). Maybe someone can come up with something in that genre.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:43 AM   #23
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader View Post
She isn't overly impressed about video games, with the rare occasion of games like Tetris, Lumines and Super Mario Bros. she can't be bothered. What I'm trying to achieve here is "make" her interested in a wider array of different games. At least I need to try. The key I think is find a game where it's easily accessible and something that rewards multi player gaming.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:08 AM   #24

What about 'The Simpsons Game'? Just get your girlfriend to start the game herself (so she can complete the easy tutorial) and you can join in when she enters the first level. That should be awesome!
Old 04-14-2008, 11:06 PM   #25
Master of time and space

Yes, Simpsons or Lego StarWars/Indiana Jones might do it. As long as she doesn't find the controls too much to bear... Oh, yeah forgot. I've sold off my X360 :-P
I'm going to buy a PS3 instead so I'll have to wait for when I get it.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:32 PM   #26
Staff Member

There seems to be no underlying key to get a Significant Other into gaming, but hey, I'll tell you what works for me.

First, a news flash. If you remove the casual games out of the equation, Wii games are not simple to control for the uninitiated. Let your girlfriend play Super Mario Bros. and then Mario Galaxy, and see which one she masters first. The Wiimote and Nunchuck combo ends up being all too similar to the controls of the XBox 360 and PS3. (Though there's a few more perks.)

So whaddya do? Since you own a Wii, why not start with Virtual Console? Practically every SNES hit has (or will have) a Wii counterpart. And the older games are arguably easier to control. My girlfriend has gotten into games like Harvest Moon and Zelda for the VC, and is now eager and more willing to try the Wii incarnations.

Best of luck to ya!
Old 04-16-2008, 11:03 AM   #27
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austintatious View Post
There seems to be no underlying key to get a Significant Other into gaming, but hey, I'll tell you what works for me.

First, a news flash. If you remove the casual games out of the equation, Wii games are not simple to control for the uninitiated. Let your girlfriend play Super Mario Bros. and then Mario Galaxy, and see which one she masters first. The Wiimote and Nunchuck combo ends up being all too similar to the controls of the XBox 360 and PS3. (Though there's a few more perks.)

So whaddya do? Since you own a Wii, why not start with Virtual Console? Practically every SNES hit has (or will have) a Wii counterpart. And the older games are arguably easier to control. My girlfriend has gotten into games like Harvest Moon and Zelda for the VC, and is now eager and more willing to try the Wii incarnations.

Best of luck to ya!
Yes, I already have Super Mario Bros. 1 & 3 on the virtual console and she plays them on and off, but they're not really good multi player games. Still it's a good thing that she plays em
Old 04-16-2008, 03:06 PM   #28
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

It's been a while since I've been someone's girlfriend, but I'd swoon if a hot guy offered to play Guitar Hero or Rock Band with me... *sigh*
Old 04-17-2008, 08:05 AM   #29
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
It's been a while since I've been someone's girlfriend, but I'd swoon if a hot guy offered to play Guitar Hero or Rock Band with me... *sigh*
Haha, too bad my girlfriend doesn't react the same way
Old 04-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
LOL! My boyfriend offers... and then rage-quits after failing one song!

Do you have any old consoles MdaG? There's a lot of easy multiplayer side-scrollers in a lot of older games.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #31
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelza View Post
LOL! My boyfriend offers... and then rage-quits after failing one song!

Do you have any old consoles MdaG? There's a lot of easy multiplayer side-scrollers in a lot of older games.
I have a Playstation 2, but that's it. The only multiplayer games I have on it are Gradius V, Lumines Plus and Tekken Tag Tournament. We play Lumines on it from time to time. Otherwise the only oldies I can play are those available to the Wii.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:51 AM   #32

It's a pity she doesn't like Resident Evil otherwise you could play 'Obscure' together. The only co-op survival horror I know.

Have you started any games yet?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:56 AM   #33
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelza View Post
It's a pity she doesn't like Resident Evil otherwise you could play 'Obscure' together. The only co-op survival horror I know.

Have you started any games yet?
We play Lumines from time to time, but that's it. She can fancy a game of Mario Bros. from time to time, but as she seldom gets past the first Bowser she bores quickly. When I played Guitar Hero at a party she didn't even want to try. I think I've tried enough. The games are there if she ever wants to pick them up, but I'm not going to push them towards her anymore. It'll just put her off (even more).