Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   The Incredible Machine (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/2177-incredible-machine.html)

Zygomaticus 02-25-2004 08:07 AM

The Incredible Machine

While looking over the topic "Awesome Honda Ad" in the Chit-Chat forum I came across this game's name and it brought back wonderful memories of a silly little kid trying to get darned things to happen. I'd do most things to play The Incredible Machine again, and that means I plan on buying it.

But on doing a quick google search I see so many versions, The Incredible Machine, The Incredible Machine: More Contraptions, The Incredible Machine 3, blah blah.

I was wondering if any of you had suggestions (or even reminisces) as to this game and/or series and suggest to me which one I should get if I would like to relive those memories.

Much smarter as I believe I am now, I think I'd really have some fun this time :D

Skinkie 02-25-2004 08:17 AM

Personally I always enjoyed The Incredible Toon Machine.

Moosferatu 02-25-2004 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinkie

No kidding. It was the best.

Kolzig 02-25-2004 10:46 AM

I remember the first two Incredible Machines.

Oh man I played those games at friend's house for hours and hours...

Absolutely wonderful games.

Jen 02-25-2004 11:23 AM

I'd recommend the one called Contraptions. It has a lot of the same puzzles as the earlier games but with a more polished interface. It also has some new puzzles and lots of new items.

The Incredible Toon Machine is good, too, but kind of geared more toward kids. Also, last I checked, it was getting pretty hard to find.

RaMa 02-25-2004 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinkie

Ooh! Was that the one with the blue cat and the uhm... the mouse? I loved that one :P. But now I lost it :shifty:.

Randoman 02-25-2004 01:49 PM

The one with the cat and mouse was Sid and Al's Incredible Toon Machine (or something like that).

fireside 02-25-2004 04:15 PM

The most recent version is a game called Chain Reaction It's downloadable. I played quite a few puzzles and had some fun, but no more than the 2d versions. There's also a downloadable demo to try it out.

RaMa 02-25-2004 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randoman
The one with the cat and mouse was Sid and Al's Incredible Toon Machine (or something like that).

Oh yeah! It's all coming back to me! :P
Damn, Chain Reaction looks even more complicated than T.I.M.