Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/21759-leisure-suit-larry-box-office-bust.html)

Lucien21 01-17-2008 11:07 AM

Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust

After the last one not sure this is good news, but hey...

http://kotaku.com/346033/leisure-sui...to-consoles-pc

Quote:

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Sierra Entertainment, a division of Vivendi Games, announced today that the lovable loser, Leisure Suit Larry, is back in an all new side-splitting, pants-busting adventure game, coming to Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system, PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system, PC and mobile phones this fall.
The Leisure Suit Larry(R) Box Office Bust video game gives gamers an all-access pass to the glitz, glamour and gorgeous women of Tinseltown. In this 3rd person adventure game, Larry takes a summer job working on his uncle Larry's movie lot doing odd jobs and trying to uncover a mole from another studio who threatens to air the studio's dirty laundry in the tabloids.

Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust is a rollicking, innuendo-laden lampoon of Hollywood that features open world sand box game play that includes exploration, platforming, racing and puzzle-solving to complete missions. Additionally, the game will feature an all-new Directors Game that allows the player to create their very own "Larry Feature."

True to form, Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust will feature sophomoric comedy and bombshell babes thanks to the writing talents of Allen Covert (Happy Madison Productions) and an All-Star cast of actors and actresses, including Jay Mohr (Last Comic Standing), Dave Attell (Insomniac), Shannon Elizabeth (American Pie), Carmen Electra (Starsky and Hutch), Artie Lange (Mad TV), Patrick Warburton (Family Guy), Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development), Nikki Cox (Las Vegas), Peter Graves (Mission Impossible), Jane Lynch (The 40 Year Old Virgin) and Josh Keaton (The Spectacular Spider-Man) as the voice of Larry Loveage.

"Leisure Suit Larry is an entertaining adventure that places gamers in the middle of Hollywood's tabloid-filled mayhem to create a fun gaming experience," said Al Simone, senior vice president of Global Marketing for Sierra Entertainment. "The collaborative efforts of Allen Covert and cast make this the most amusing and immersive Leisure Suit Larry video game yet."

The Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust video game is being developed by Team 17 and will be rated "M" for Mature. Vivendi Games Mobile is also making Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust available for mobile phones throughout Europe and North America. For more information, please visit the game's official Web site at http://www.leisuresuitlarry.com.

The teaser trailer for Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust will exclusively premiere Friday, February 15 both on-air on Spike TV's "GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley" and online at GameTrailers.com and other MTVN properties including comedycentral.com and spike.com.

Lucien21 01-17-2008 11:11 AM

P.s I think they are missing a trick by not releasing a Wii version.

Just imaging waggling the Wii-mote for that game :D

Collector 01-17-2008 11:24 AM

Without Al Lowe it will not be a real LSL. It will be nothing more than a rehashing of "Loveage" garbage. It won't be an adventure. It will be yet another abuse of a respected franchise.

Terramax 01-17-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21 (Post 456404)
Just imaging waggling the Wii-mote for that game :D

I can see the headlines now: video game promotes virtual masterbation...

GhostPirateLechuck 01-17-2008 12:08 PM

This isn't LSL. The LSL series died at age 7.

ozzie 01-17-2008 01:51 PM

Really, must be hard to contact Al Lowe and let him design another Larry game.

I'm kinda shocked that Magna Cum Laude seems to have sold good enough to warrant a sequel.

I expected that everyone boycotts since it doesn't have the charme (and failing humor, but still) of the old games.
Well, maybe enough unaware buyers were turned on by the cover art...

LuigiHann 01-17-2008 01:52 PM

http://pc.ign.com/articles/846/846123p1.html

Quote:

John Melchior: I took this game over after Magna Cum Laude and the initial designing of its sequel, but after we sat down and reviewed the last game and looked to where they wanted to take it we decided to put the brakes on this franchise and bring it back in a big way. The last game was torn apart and I think it was just the wrong approach for this franchise. Most of the criticisms of the game were not off base. This game is a total departure from the last game. I think it's safe to say that for the first time Larry is actually a game with tried and true mechanics and a vision that it catered towards today's gamers.

IGN: Will there be the same emphasis on mini-games as the last Larry title?

John Melchior:
There really is nothing we are bringing over from the last game. With Team17 aboard we knew we had a developer that could handle comedy and an animation style that fit the new direction. This allowed me and the writers to handle the heavy lifting of the storytelling and script writing. Whatever we threw at them they got it and knew how execute on it. Obviously comedy in games is rare and far between so once we saw what Team17 could do we knew we had something. They were able to concentrate on creating game mechanics and a new conversation system that actually has gameplay attached to it. This game has some mini-games but they are not the focus on the game, they are small addictive side quests that fit into the storyline.
It seems like they're at least trying to do better with this one than they did with the last one.

Loris 01-18-2008 12:56 AM

I really hope they do manage to do better!
I miss so much playing a fresh new Larry game.

Terramax 01-18-2008 07:12 AM

Team17 did the Worms games right? I'm sold.

SamandMax 01-18-2008 02:28 PM

It's definetely not a real Larry game, nothing without Al Lowe could be, but it could turn out to be a decent game on it's own, could being the operative word there. I like the idea of being able to direct your own movies, that could be fun, and Allen Covert is actually a pretty funny writer he seems a good match for this kind of materal. Plus it really seems like they're trying to make a good game this time, so that's a plus.

Erwin_Br 01-19-2008 07:11 AM

I'm getting a bit tired of the Ron Gilbert Al Lowe argument now.

--Erwin

rtrooney 01-20-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin_Br (Post 456572)
I'm getting a bit tired of the Ron Gilbert Al Lowe argument now.

--Erwin

Ditto. Love Al Lowe. Love Josh Mandel.

It will be what it will be. And everyone will decide whether it's worth buying. If "they" decide it's not, that will be the end of this Vivendi franchise.

Josho 01-22-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtrooney (Post 456698)
Ditto. Love Al Lowe. Love Josh Mandel.

It will be what it will be. And everyone will decide whether it's worth buying. If "they" decide it's not, that will be the end of this Vivendi franchise.

Bless you for thinking of me, Tim. :-)

While it's not exactly a return to the Sierra days, I did have the opportunity to write a whole lot of the funny text and dialogue that's my meat-and-potatoes for the upcoming action/adventure "Insecticide." Somewhat ironically, the Insecticide team is made up fundamentally of ex-Lucas talent, and here was this lone ex-Sierra designer doing lots of the writing. (I know the PC version will have a good deal more in-game text than what I wrote, and I didn't have a hand in the cutscenes, but I probably did most of the text and dialogue for the adventure sequences in the DS version.)

--Josh

Collector 01-22-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josho (Post 456961)
While it's not exactly a return to the Sierra days, I did have the opportunity to write a whole lot of the funny text and dialogue that's my meat-and-potatoes for the upcoming action/adventure "Insecticide." Somewhat ironically, the Insecticide team is made up fundamentally of ex-Lucas talent, and here was this lone ex-Sierra designer doing lots of the writing. (I know the PC version will have a good deal more in-game text than what I wrote, and I didn't have a hand in the cutscenes, but I probably did most of the text and dialogue for the adventure sequences in the DS version.)

--Josh

But it was the stories and dialog that made me like the Sierra games more.

rtrooney 01-23-2008 06:06 PM

Josh -

So good to see you again as well. I think of you often, and continue to wonder what we might have been able to do with Calvin & Hobbes. Done deal. (Or the other FPFP thing.) Also done deal.

Always a pleasure to exchange a message.

And I should also ask when will this incredibly-awesom-humoritious (the last was a GWB word) game appear on the Rooney horizon.

Tim

Owskie 01-23-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

John Melchior: The game will be as mass market as it can get.
im turned off...

Cold-Factor 01-24-2008 08:20 PM

Wow. Racing, platforming, and missions? And more Larry Lovage? And when did Larry Laffer get so famous that he warranted his own movie? Although, it would be cool if Larry senior was making a movie about his previous adventures, and as Lovage you could explore the sets of Lefty's bar, La Costa Lotta, the PMS Bouncy and others. Maybe GTA Larry wouldn't be that bad if done right.

HieroHero 01-25-2008 04:00 PM

the voice talent looks very good

CincySnowman 01-30-2008 09:05 AM

No Nudity = No Buy

The humor and nudity is what made Magna Cum Laude sell what little it did. Removing the nudity from this game is just stupid, it will do worse than the last game, guaranteed. If they want to allow the game to sell in more countries as they say, then create two versions, cut and uncut just like they did on the last game, don't remove it alltogether. I'm still hoping they come out with a version that has nudity, that's the only way I buy this game.

LaCosaWeb 01-30-2008 10:03 AM

This is a bad commercial copy, using the name of Larry to sell more, but this game isn't a Larry Game.

I don't know why they don't make a Larry game like the real style of Larry games and of course, with Al Lowe in the Team.

Leisure Suit Larry ove for Sail was the best, they would make more games like that!