You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 06:36 AM   #1
capsized.

Default Puzzle Quest

I though that some of you might like this. Seems to be available for a bucketload of platforms, I just installed the demo (just 35 megs!), seems fun. It's kind of like Heroes Of Might&Magic meets Bejeweled and received very good reviews across the board. Oh yeah, the in-game tutorial seems ace, this is definitely easy to pick up and play.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
The Last Express Fan

Send a message via MSN to chrizkerr2

I love this game, most played game on my DS!

Would of loved there to off been Wifi for it! Would of made the game even better!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:49 AM   #3
Hopeful skeptic

I have the game for DS also. It is a lot of fun, at least at first, but I got tired of playing the same mini-game over and over again.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:25 AM   #4
capsized.

So you didn't even finish it? It's more challenging than I though it would be, or maybe I'm just dumb. I'm still struggling to defeat the first enemy, and that's just training. Not talking about the combat dummy here, that was easy.

The spells and classes give the game more depth than anything Bejeweled, although I can see how repetitiveness could kick in. So far.. I lke it. I also like that tune that's playing during a battle.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #5
Hopeful skeptic

I finished it. I just got bored long before the end. But I get bored easily. I'm not trying to talk anyone out of it.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #6

I played it to the end, but got rather fed up with it too. The music (in the DS version) is extremely repetitive (there seem to be only two tracks for the 'combat' screen), and I mostly stopped changing my strategy after I got a few decent spells, which means that all the fights ended up feeling very similar. But maybe that's my fault for not trying something different.

Still, it's fun if you only play short sessions from time to time.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 11-16-2007, 01:56 PM   #7
JKR

I have the DS version as well and I agree with a lot of people, it was great until the end. I felt like it was being really cheap at the end, and the enemies would just combo for 5 minutes until you were almost dead. It seemed to be too much about luck by the last boss. All in all, pretty fun game though!