You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Action games with AG elements: commercial failures?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 06:18 AM   #21
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Oh. I played the PC demo, which was the first few minutes of the actual game. It ended when you fix the hovercraft and beat the Domz with it.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:59 AM   #22

Yeah that would leave a better impression I think.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:11 PM   #23

Wasn't the oddworld series pretty successful? The first two games must have been rather well received to warrant so many sequels.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #24
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
Oh. I played the PC demo, which was the first few minutes of the actual game. It ended when you fix the hovercraft and beat the Domz with it.
You hadn't played the entire game? You seriously have far less than a fragment of information. And I'm personally jealous of you if you end up playing the full game, it's a wonderful experience.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-19-2007, 05:11 AM   #25
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
You hadn't played the entire game? You seriously have far less than a fragment of information. And I'm personally jealous of you if you end up playing the full game, it's a wonderful experience.
Miscommunication. I've played the game from start to finish at least four times. (Gamecube version)
Old 11-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
And I'm personally jealous of you if you end up playing the full game, it's a wonderful experience.
Yes, I wish I had one of those magic pens in Men in Black, so I could forget about the game, then enjoy it again as the first time. But wait, wouldn't I end up exactly in the same state of mind?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:08 AM   #27
Your average crooner

What does not work is hibrids of every kind of game, those flawed and amazing games that are greater-than-great and immersive as no other. Anachronox, Gothic, Outcast, Omikron: The Nomad Soul, or the last aditions which were much more successful: Fahrenheit and Dreamfall.

Please accept Advent Rising into the list. Just for the sake of it.