You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Resident Evil 5...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 12:54 AM   #1

Default Resident Evil 5...

I have a feeling this will the greatest game ever
i can't wait to see new stuff on this game .
like who is that girl at the end of that new trailer (i say it's claire )
well i hope it's claire it will be perfect if she will be in this game
having chris as the main character is super.
(and by the way right from the start i know it's chris )
Old 09-07-2007, 05:48 AM   #2
handsome

.. dont know, the game doesnt looks scary (like RE4). Ill wait to see more of it.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:30 AM   #3

mmm... well from what i have seen it's scary
and don't forget the load of zomies or what ever they are
and all that cool moves that chris can do
i think this game will bring more scary stuff then re4
Old 09-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #4
handsome

imo RE4 wasnt scary at all. till now you've only seen cutscenes and not actual gameplay ( right? am i wrong? ) But one thing is for sure, looks cool.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
handsome

Actual in game footage:

Name:  re5.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  65.7 KB
Name:  re5-2.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  37.7 KB

..well the gameplay certainly looks like RE4 which is not a bad thing since the gameplay in RE4 was awesome.

Last edited by TiAgUh; 09-08-2007 at 06:08 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:11 PM   #6
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
imo RE4 wasnt scary at all. till now you've only seen cutscenes and not actual gameplay ( right? am i wrong? ) But one thing is for sure, looks cool.
You've seen the E3 trailer, right? There's some gameplay footage in it.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #7
handsome

oh ok, my bad
Old 09-07-2007, 08:14 PM   #8
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Gameplay footage that I saw in the trailer made it look very Resident Evil 4ish but faster paced. I'll use this game to determine what next gen system I'm gonna go with though.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #9

bah!! dude those pics are so last year!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 06:44 AM   #10
is not wierd

Everyone's known since this game was announced that it would be more RE4's successor than any of the other RE games. RE4 saw way more critical and commercial success than any of the others, so far as I know, and basically reinvigorated the franchise. So, of course this is going to look and play quite a lot like it.

What I'm more curious about is if Capcom will be making a Wii version. They're one of the few companies out there making quality games for the system, so I hope they at least consider it, if possible.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #11
gin soaked boy

I believe they already said that there won't be a Wii version of Resident Evil 5, but the Wii would get its own RE game. I can't remember if by that they meant Umbrella Chronicles or a completely new game.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #12

Hmmm, white guy shooting lots of black people. Seriously I would love to see them explain this one to the politicians.

Zero Punctuation has thoughts. (03:34)
Old 09-11-2007, 06:14 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
I believe they already said that there won't be a Wii version of Resident Evil 5, but the Wii would get its own RE game. I can't remember if by that they meant Umbrella Chronicles or a completely new game.
Damn! I already have a PS3 but it looks like I'll have to get a Wii as well just to play its RE game. By the end of the year I'll probably have all the consoles just so I can play all the games. Getting a PSP in a couple of weeks just so I can play 'Silent Hill: Origins'. Also getting a DS for all the Adventures on that! And my boyf wants a 360 so he can play 'Bioshock'. Will be so broke!
Old 09-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #14

No comment? None at all? I'm not one for knee-jerk reactions and the reason I'm not going to play this game is that I just don't find Resident Evil very interesting... but does no else feel that the setting and choice of protagonist/antagonist(s) may have been a touch lacking in taste and judgement?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #15
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo View Post
No comment? None at all? I'm not one for knee-jerk reactions and the reason I'm not going to play this game is that I just don't find Resident Evil very interesting... but does no else feel that the setting and choice of protagonist/antagonist(s) may have been a touch lacking in taste and judgement?
we kinda already talked a bit bout that (5th post): http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...=18981&page=10

anyway, Resident Evil is not about killing africans..spanish or americans. Its about killing Zombies.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #16
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
anyway, Resident Evil is not about killing africans..spanish or americans. Its about killing Zombies.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Some people are just looking too much into it. Besides, would it make sense if there was a bunch of white guys in rural parts of Africa?
Old 09-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #17
is not wierd

Quote:
Only in that they should have known black groups would protest it. But I don't see any reason why they shouldn't put a white guy shooting African zombies in a video game. After all, nobody complained when an American went shooting Spanish zombies in RE4.

The problem they have with the trailer is probably valid. I hadn't noticed but if one were to simply watch the trailer without knowing anything about Resident Evil it might look like he's shooting rabid African mobs.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #18

What's with the white guy and the megaphone anyway?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #19

TiAgUh: missed that thread.

Quote:
I hadn't noticed but if one were to simply watch the trailer without knowing anything about Resident Evil it might look like he's shooting rabid African mobs.
This extends to the game itself though. I don't think the "but they're zombies" argument holds up that well. It mostly just looks like angry people getting slaughtered. You don't even really need to take it out of context to imagine that these guys are angry because you killed a bunch of their friends. What does that make you?

He's got "a job to do", he says.

The apparent Spanish genocide in RE4 strikes me as equally bad, so I'm not sure how that makes it okay, though I have to admit that going by the trailers I thought they were just random middle-of-nowhere white people. That would be why no one complained. You can still debate the merits of digital mass-slaughter in general, but the comparison is weak.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #20
is not wierd

Quote:
This extends to the game itself though. I don't think the "but they're zombies" argument holds up that well. It mostly just looks like angry people getting slaughtered. You don't even really need to take it out of context to imagine that these guys are angry because you killed a bunch of their friends. What does that make you?

He's got "a job to do", he says.

The apparent Spanish genocide in RE4 strikes me as equally bad, so I'm not sure how that makes it okay, though I have to admit that going by the trailers I thought they were just random middle-of-nowhere white people. That would be why no one complained. You can still debate the merits of digital mass-slaughter in general, but the comparison is weak.
Is it really that weak of a comparison? American goes into foreign country slaughtering foreign zombies. Sounds very similar. If one is bad then naturally the other is equally bad, but my point is simply that if one went unnoticed by the various protestors of the world, then why should this one be sending off all kinds of alarms? Because the zombies are black? Whatever, if I find a white or black or Asian or Native American zombie I'm killing it, and I don't see why in this alternate zombie-infested world not a single non-white zombie can exist or be killed without people of the real world complaining.

Now when it comes to the trailer I agreed that maybe it's a little vague and that the creators figured the name Resident Evil would automatically mean they were zombies. But as games themselves either both are just as bad or both just as harmless.* I prefer not to argue for censorship, however.

*judging from what little we know about the game, of course.