You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Memorable game songs\tracks...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 07:38 AM   #1
handsome

Default Memorable game songs\tracks...

...other than old (and famous) Adventure games tracks (such as the Theme of Secret of Monkey Island and stuff..) like:

Final Fantasy Prelude, the famous arpeggio - love this one since i was very young (this is the vocal version) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjr0rdQX5yI

Megaman had great tracks, my favorite one being Elecman Stage (this guy is really good!)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw5tkhvXZg4

Silent Hill 2 - great this one - Promise - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF5WB...elated&search=

.. and i loved this track when i was a kid, dont know why - Kirby's Dreamland (Final Boss) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB0FyirJF8o

..(thats it for now) .. your turn
Old 07-16-2007, 08:08 AM   #2

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

I have collected game music for some time now. The best soundtracks I know are Divine Divinity and Gothic III. Divine Divinity won several prices due to it's music and Gothic III would have if the game had not flopped.

You can download the entire soundtrack for Divine Divinity for free from the composers website here. It's well worth it if you like medieval music that blends in choir. It's really well made, easily surpassing many great movie soundtracks.

I also enjoy most of the Final Fantasy series, Fallout, Knights of the Old Republic, Metal Gear Solid, Monkey Island, Morrowind/Oblivion and WarCraft III.

Silent Hill have an excellent horror track.

A really unique gametrack is Katamari Damacy. I do not think anything really come close in wierdness.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:45 AM   #3
handsome

I was hoping for especific ones, like .. in Metal Gear Solid which one you remember the most? and why? stuff like that (and maybe a link to it so i can listen )

...but thats cool

Last edited by TiAgUh; 07-16-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:30 AM   #4

I think the two game sountracks which I like the most is the one from Evil Twin, the weird, dark Jump 'n Run from Ubisoft, and Outcast, an action-adventure with a Bruce-Willis-alike as player character in an alien world.

The first one has some really great melodies. I especially love it how the compositions build up, how one instrument comes in after another.
Outcast has a bombastic soundtrack, recorded with an orchestra and choirs. It's hard for me to describe music, especially in a non-native language, so I just say I recommend both.
Outcast is also a great game by itself, so if you haven't played by now, you should. And if the game is too easy for you and you want that the bullets fly faster: you can change it in the ini files.
I loved and hated Evil Twin at the same time, so I don't recommend it. It's a deeply broken game.
Well, I don't know if you can find the soundtracks online. I don't think so. But both games are definately cheap by now and worth for the soundtrack alone.
With Outcast, the songs are as audio tracks on the second CD.
Evil Twin has them stored as MP3s.

Edit: Oh, for specific one: the title tune of Discworld 2, "That's death", and the one in the piano bar of Discworld Noir. And Rush of Dreamfall, of course. I think it was worth buying this game alone just for discovering that track.
Montreaux Study from GK3 is also very beautiful, and sad.

You can find Rush here and Montreaux Study there.
That's death should also be somewhere on the web.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #5
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
Edit: Oh, for specific one: the title tune of Discworld 2, "That's death" (...) That's death should also be somewhere on the web.
Here it is my friend - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fczjCi73So8
Old 07-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #6

Yeah, well thanks for the link.
Actually, I found that before, but I also have a mp3 of that song on my harddrive, and I know that I downloaded it from somewhere.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:35 AM   #7

Harvest of Souls (Shivers 2) comes with practically an album of rock-pop. The songs take up most of the second CD. I like 'em so much I transferred the music onto another CD to listen to, and there's always at least one or two of them on my MP3 player.

The music and songs from The 7th Guest and especially The 11th Hour are remembered fondly by everyone who's played them. Everything from creepy backgrounds to jazzy and even humorous songs (I like "Mr Death").

Here <Link removed> is a whole database of downloadable game music. It's all in MIDI format (or modules), but there's a lot of MIDI conversion software around if you want to convert it to something handier.

Last edited by Melanie68; 07-17-2007 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Removed link. The ripped music is illegal.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:44 AM   #8
The Quiet One

Sorry, but i have to say the soundtrack to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Every track from that game is great and so memorable imo i just had to import the audio cd. It ranges from a number of different styles or blends them all together, which includes: techno, jazz/gothic jazz, classical, operatic voices, hard rock and heavy metal. The most catchy and well known track would be Dracula's Castle.

Other favourite tracks would be the main theme for Gabriel Knight 1 and the music for the end credits - in fact every track to GK1. Definately the theme/soundtrack to MI1, Broken Sword 1 and MediEvil: Resurrection - another soundtrack i had to import.

Can't think of anymore at the mo.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-17-2007, 07:04 AM   #9

WILD ARMS Intro song. Still love it. VIETCONG had also a pretty good theme "Pseudo Hendrix" or so it was called

Remember: "You can pick your Friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose."
Old 07-17-2007, 08:27 AM   #10
delusions of adequacy

The songs from dragon quest heroes: rocket slime are etched in my memory now, not because they're particularly good but because there's 4 of them recycled over a 15+ hour game... (great game nonetheless)

I get misty eyed when hearing tracks from the original double dragon arcade machine... especially the anthem, boss level, fight your friend for the girl, and winning songs.

The string music in Arcanum is astonishingly good, it really breathes life to the setting (1680s~ steampunk). if only there was a bit more variety to it.

I love the tracks from darwinia. love them.

I listen to kohina whenever i can for more synth/retro but its not been as good as it used to be, lots of tacky themes just for variety's sake.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #11
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines:
Chiasm - Isolated
Genitorturers - Lecher Bitch
Darling Violetta - Smaller God

There's a bar in Hollywood called Asp Hole, which is the title of a Pigface song.

Deus Ex: Invisible War:
Kidneythieves tracks from the album Trickster

Quake:
Soundtrack by Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails)

Red Alert:
Soundtrack by Frank Klepacki, contains an awesome song "Hell March".

Fallout 1 & 2 and Planescape: Torment:
Soundtracks by Mark Morgan.

I listen to all of these out of game.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #12
handsome

heres more:

Street Fighter - always great tracks, my favorite is - Vega's Theme Song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f71bGsx8WZw

Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner - awesome Intro\End Song! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLsMa...elated&search=

Grim Fandango - Rusty Anchor by the talented Glottis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ipFS...elated&search=
Old 07-17-2007, 02:06 PM   #13
kamikaze hummingbirds

* Most of the Deus Ex soundtrack (Hong Kong, for some reason, gives good memories)
* Most of the Silent Hill 2 soundtrack (ambient soundscapey stuff mainly)
* Sam N Max soundtrack (I remember, as a child, jumping around to the theme tune, and the song that the toupee'd guy sings...)
* Grim Fandango
Old 07-17-2007, 02:46 PM   #14
is not wierd

Grim Fanfuckingdango.

Also, the songs by Tor Linlokken from The Longest Journey are good ambient tracks (you can download them from the official site).

Also, Fallout and Fallout 2 actually have a pretty cool score.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:08 AM   #15
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske

There are a lot of soundtracks I love. But the best soundtracks are soundtracks from "ye olde games"

Toonstruck
Lots of classical music in this game. A lot of gamers don't know that

The Dreamweb
Cool techno-style music. Nice cyberpunk sound. PM me if you want the soundtrack, I recorded the music from the PC version.

Novastorm
One of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a game. Fast and suits the action on screen. Also recorded this soundtrack directly from the game. PM if you want it

Gabriel Knight
Classic adventure supported by a brilliant soundtrack by Robert Holmes

Quest for Glory IV
Went nuts when I heard the cool guitar solo's through my AWE32. Still one of my favorite Sierra games.

Final Fantasy VII
Best game I ever played. Great emotional soundtrack!

Golden Axe
Spend too much money on this game in the Arcade halls. Good thing the game was released on the PC

Monkey Island Series
What's not to like about Caribbean style music?

Other good soundtracks: Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Silent Hill 2, TLJ
Old 07-18-2007, 12:33 AM   #16
kamikaze hummingbirds

The Curse Of Monkey Island at the Blood Island section was the best moment for that soundtrack. The whole area had a sad atmosphere, but still retained its humour.

I thought the Rocket Town music in Final Fantasy VII, along with the City Of Ancients music was the best in that game.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:43 AM   #17
TM3

Xenogears - Small Two of Pieces
Final Fantasy 8 - Liberi Fatali
Doom 3 - Main Theme
Tomb Raider Legend - Main Theme
Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Tragic Prince
Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Dracula's Castle

These are all I can think of for now. I do consider myself a lover of fine videogame music and I think it's one of the most important parts of the the gameplay experience. Specifically, the narrative-driven games.
I just want you to know who I am..."
"IRIS"-GOO GOO DOLLS
Old 07-18-2007, 02:48 AM   #18

Going back a bit, let's not forget Lemmings! Their soundtrack was good music in its own right, and also fitted well with the game. (Double thumbs-up for the can-can remix.)
Old 07-18-2007, 03:28 AM   #19

Definately Silent Hill 3's theme (or at least the opening song):
Akira Yamaoka - You're Not Here
Also both themes for Kingdom Hearts 1&2

However, I gotta say, the Monkey Island Theme is the best ever
Old 07-18-2007, 07:09 AM   #20
Vigilant

Grim Fandango's score is top-tier and should be a shining example to other games that want to put music to a game. I specifically enjoyed the Domino-themed tracks featuring big brass reflecting Domino's pompous demeanor.

I always fancied the orchestral version of Super Smash Brothers Melee which I think I recieved with a magazine subscription. It was performed live by a Japanese orchestra and featured many rousing tunes and medleys from the game. Being a big classic Nintendo fan, I enjoyed the various tributes to the older games.

I have to add Anachronox to the mixture because the soundtrack was one of the reasons I enjoyed the experience so much. It featured everything from a piano jazz standard to a piece that one would expect to find in the Cryptkeeper's personal music collection.

Honorable mentions are Windwaker, Wing Commander, Curse of Monkey Island, and Civ II.

Last edited by TangentBlack; 07-18-2007 at 07:21 AM.