You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Memorable game songs\tracks...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 08:16 PM   #21
delusions of adequacy

Interstate 76 <link removed> has the soundtracks from i76 and i82 for download. They're great.

The i86 tracks are actually torturous to listen to for some, they are truly 80s bad... Kate Bush "Babooshka" bad... I love em

Last edited by stepurhan; 07-20-2007 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Abandonware link for specific game
Old 07-19-2007, 02:06 AM   #22
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley_q4 View Post
Definately Silent Hill 3's theme (or at least the opening song):
Akira Yamaoka - You're Not Here
Not a bad song but imo .. too lame for a Silent Hill game
________

Chrono Trigger - always loved this tune - Memories of Green - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYxK_zGEixA

Ephemeral Fantasia - How I hated this RPG but when i finished it, i think it kinda grew on me.. i miss it now and !hey! this is where guitar hero was born ! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5MLQ...elated&search=
Old 07-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #23
long live the dragons

Send a message via MSN to pointandcliklover

broken sword 1 piano song in the ubu
discworld noir - both piano songs (anyone know where i could get a copy of this)
black dahlia (dont fear the reaper)
broken sword 4 music was quite good

Marise-Chiko
Old 07-19-2007, 11:41 AM   #24

On the Vampire Bloodlines soundtrack I quite liked "Swamped" along with "Isolated". Gothic III my favourite is the song with strings and vocals in the capital city that's under siege...

Dreamfall has a very good soundtrack overall. "The Hospital Room" is a highlight.

And yes, Grim Fandango and Outcast are indeed great, but I'll also add Little Big Adventure (both 1 & 2), Beyond Good & Evil and Shadow of the Colossus.

I love the ending song of Ico.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:27 AM   #25

Outcast and American McGee's Alice are the first two games that come to mind. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned Alice yet, it's usually featured prominently in topics like these.

Oh, and A Pirate I was Meant To Be .
Old 07-20-2007, 10:32 AM   #26
Vigilant

I should add Gothic 3 to my list as well. I purchased the soundtrack specifically for the day I want to listen to something when I swing a sword around a bit.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:03 AM   #27
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM3 View Post
Doom 3 - Main Theme
Tomb Raider Legend - Main Theme
Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Tragic Prince
Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Dracula's Castle
Ah, yes The Tragic Prince is one of my favourite tracks from Symphony. I just love the guitar riff to that.
And how can i forget the main theme for DOOM 3? The music to the original DOOM is pretty catchy too and i love the remake of it.
I have to agree that the main theme for Tomb Raider: Legend is excellent - especially the main theme from the originals.

Other honourable mentions would be the music to Broken Sword 1-3, Simon the Sorcerer 1-3, Discworld 2/Noir and Little Big Adventure 2 (esp. the main theme).

I'm currently playing GK3 and the music i've heard so far is b-e-a-utiful. Anyone know where i could download it?
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Outcast and American McGee's Alice are the first two games that come to mind. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned Alice yet, it's usually featured prominently in topics like these.
I loved Alice as a game for its atmosphere and between-the-lines-storytelling, but I don't remember the music that well. I should probably play it again sometime...
Old 07-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #29
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo View Post
I loved Alice as a game for its atmosphere and between-the-lines-storytelling, but I don't remember the music that well. I should probably play it again sometime...
The music to that game is pretty darn good too, it really fits in with the style of the game - disturbing, creepy and f**ked lol.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #30

Somebody needs to mention Super Mario Bros. Simple but classic.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:54 PM   #31
Freeware Co-ordinator

I'm afraid I've had to remove the links for the Interstate 76 site. Unfortunately it is an abandonware site (albeit devoted to a specific game) and the soundtrack had a separate commercial release.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 07-21-2007, 06:18 AM   #32
Look behind you!

I really liked the song called "Companeros" from Grim Fandango. It fit the theme of the parade perfectly. I enjoyed all the music from that game, but especially that song. I also really loved the music from each Monkey Island game. CMI's soundtrack seemed to really stand out though. I also liked most of the Final Fantasy's music. Chrono Cross and Legend of the Dragoon had amazing soundtracks aswell.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #33
Revolution obsessive

I love the soundtrack to Civ IV, even if my sister criticized it for sounding like the theme from a Bisto or Coke advert.

The theme songs from Zelda, Metal Gear Solid and Grandia are also favourites of mine.

And even though they are not highly memorable the orchestral tunes for the Kessen series are superb, I especially enjoy Ieyasu’s theme!
Old 07-21-2007, 11:12 AM   #34
Me? A Gamer? You Bet! =P

OMG! hahaha.. Final Fantasy VII for me, I used to hear that dayum theme music in my sleep It had a great soundtrack! Then again, it might have just been all those hours I spent playing it got imbedded into my head like it did.. I know I know, I'm a dork

Zelda definetley, old school Zelda tho, and some one said Super Mario brothers HAHA I gotta give them that one

Last edited by XxLoVexX; 07-21-2007 at 11:14 AM. Reason: ADDING!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:02 PM   #35
kamikaze hummingbirds

Are there any other games with a great ambient soundtrack like Silent Hill 2?
Old 07-21-2007, 04:58 PM   #36
handsome

Silent Hill 1
Old 07-23-2007, 03:53 AM   #37

Diablo series maybe?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:56 AM   #38

Regarding the soundtrack of Discworld Noir: when you install that game you should find somewhere the music folder in the install directory, I don't know where anymore, though.
Simply rename the files with "mp3" as extension and you can play them
in Winamp without problems.
Some other programs might make problems, though.

Oh, and I totally forgot about the Longest Journey soundtrack!
You can download it from the official site.
But this is not the whole soundtrack. There are some tracks which you would have to rip from the game files.
But these are mostly short (Old Alatien Teller, Marcuria Map) or variations from other themes ("The Mural", the one that you hear in the cinema).
Except the "April Dub" track. It's one of the tracks which you can hear through the book of secrets. It contains some voice samples from April over a musical background, whichs sounds very much like dub, like the name says. It's very nice.
Overall, the game is a bit sparse with music, but the "Jacob MacAllen" and "End Credits theme" are both wonderful. Very dramatic, and especially the last one is very moving, emotionally.
I guess I always have to think about the ending then.
It's like with Mad World and Donnie Darko.

Last edited by ozzie; 07-23-2007 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #39
Master of time and space

Riven, Revelation and The Dig all had great soundtracks.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #40

Shadow of the colossus had this extreme beautiful serene mediative music for its soundtrack , very easy listening and relaxing to listen to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7lzaMBUU8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_XnEX0Fa5c