You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Silent Hill 1 PC (con)Version

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 09:07 AM   #41
Umbilicus Mundi

I've played it some more now. Turning off some graphics options took care of most of the sound problems, but is the "music" supposed to be very noisy (I'd say it's really more just noise - kind of like the radio - than music) or does the emulator screw it up?

This game doesn't seem very scary for me though (but I guess that could be because the emulator doesn't really emulate that well). I found Jack the Ripper much scarier. Actually, switching from speakers to headphones at some point increased the scaryness a bit, but not much.

Old 02-18-2004, 12:24 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor
Yes, but i can't find the game anywhere (and i'm still a bit paranoiac about shoping over internet). I have SH1 for emulator, but playing SH games on computer just isn't the same as playing them on big screen
Well, Konami needs to do us a favor and release SH1 for PC -- especially since SH2 and 3 are on the PC already, so it's missing a big installment on that platform. Hell, Myst got re-released just for XP even -- so I can't see why Konami won't release SH1 for PC -- especially since they even released the Castlevania's and Contra's for PC on one Greatest Hits Konami disc. *shrug* I think if they put SH4 on the PC, they should hide SH1 in there as an unlockable or something -- that'd be cool.

If you are in America and looking for SH1 for PSX....

1.It's available at EBGames.com -- but, you will spend a good $24.99 on it used. I hate to tell you this, but I only spent $9.99 on the PS version used from the same site -- wow, it has risen in price!
2.GameStop.com has it for $17.99 for PlayStation used.

Both sites are giving away free shipping, BTW.
EDIT: The shipping they are giving away for both is like 6-12 days for EB, 5-10 for GStop -- in case some of you don't want to know what the free shipping is.

Last edited by MysterD; 02-18-2004 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:29 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkki
I've played it some more now. Turning off some graphics options took care of most of the sound problems, but is the "music" supposed to be very noisy (I'd say it's really more just noise - kind of like the radio - than music) or does the emulator screw it up?

This game doesn't seem very scary for me though (but I guess that could be because the emulator doesn't really emulate that well). I found Jack the Ripper much scarier. Actually, switching from speakers to headphones at some point increased the scaryness a bit, but not much.
I was never "boo scared" by the SH games. Their games are more psychological, by refering to traumatic moments that are told usually by the story, not things suddenly popping out at you.

I have seen some images in those games that really mess with your head -- SH2 with Pyramid Head should say plenty, if you know what I mean. I think SH2 is probably the most personal of the SH's that I've played. It's extremely depressing....

Spoiler:
especially if you get the "Water" Ending.

That one ending is one I'll NEVER forget; amazing ending...
Old 02-18-2004, 12:50 PM   #44
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysterD
I was never "boo scared" by the SH games. Their games are more psychological, by refering to traumatic moments that are told usually by the story, not things suddenly popping out at you.
Well, it doesn't really work for me. The monsters and zombies certainly don't help that.
Blackstone Chronicles did this much better (and a couple of other horror adventure games that I've only played demos of). That was a really disturbing game.

Old 02-19-2004, 06:15 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkki
Well, it doesn't really work for me. The monsters and zombies certainly don't help that.
Blackstone Chronicles did this much better (and a couple of other horror adventure games that I've only played demos of). That was a really disturbing game.
SH1 is more confusing a la David Lynch film --- but there are some disturbing moments to it.

SH2 is more disturbing and more personal -- and depressing, too. Especially with the "In Water" Ending.

I ain't played SH3 yet.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:55 PM   #46

i cant find a download for this anywhere can some one put it on kazaa
or help me figure out the bittorent thing ive never really used it
Old 07-02-2004, 05:39 PM   #47
guybrush_guy

for anyone who's interested, this is the playstation ISO with the ESPXE emulator set as an auto loader to run the program. there is no conversion for this game what so ever.

(i'm not sure if this was said allready, i only read the first few posts)

Old 07-02-2004, 06:55 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by haltely093
i cant find a download for this anywhere can some one put it on kazaa
or help me figure out the bittorent thing ive never really used it
WOAH!
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2004, 10:38 AM   #49
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Game released by Silentscape studios is not offical release or conversion, it is just an ISO file of PSX version with epsxe emulator included. This means it is just another form of piracy.

Silent Hill was never released as freeware by Konami.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:01 PM   #50
merely human

That's too bad. But I already had played it on my old PS1 ( :eek: Wow! That was, what, 4 years ago!). IMO, SH1 is the best of all of them.

You know, it would be a great idea if Konami released all 3 titles as a special PC collection edition, with SH1 ported over. Naturally it would be just as good if they did the same for PS2.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-24-2004, 07:06 PM   #51

bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump
Old 11-24-2004, 11:21 PM   #52
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

closed closed closed closed closed closed closed closed closed closed closed closed