You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General GDC '07 - Fable 2 Impressions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #41
merely human

Cats, I think, may be more suitable as a sidekick and help mate in an adventure game.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-28-2007, 09:51 PM   #42
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
This reminds me of Dogmeat following you around in Fallout. I loved that doggy, but at some point I just couldn't continue without him getting killed. It was a sad moment, but the plentiful loot helped me heal my emotional wounds.
I wasgonna say the same thing. I almost thought when he was talking vaguely about the important gaming moments that he was going to say something about Dogmeat because I think that really is a big memory for those that played Fallout. I like where this idea is going. ICO/SotC had the companion aspect and they both worked perfectly for those seemingly simple games, but to see the potential for a well-integrated companion in an RPG is pretty cool. Replacing the mini-map is an awesome idea (I'm guessing there's some way to tell him where you want to go?), and the scouting and even the fighting. Doesn't feel like an RPG party so much as a companion you ought to look out for. I like that.

I also wonder if you can get another dog if you decide to ditch it or if it dies, or if it even can die.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:14 AM   #43
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

It can't die. It can get seriously wounded and barely able to limp along, but it can't die. If you ditch it it'll keep following you.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:31 PM   #44
merely human

Talk about an ultimate guilt trip.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-29-2007, 04:13 PM   #45
is not wierd

I see. The one thing with that is that, y'know, why would anyone bother to ditch it? There isn't any benefit, other than not having to cast the healing spell every now and then and probably a minuscule amount of money on treats. The dog's just gonna catch up anyways, and it provides so much benefit by being around.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #46
merely human

The dog is your scout, your compass, and fighting ally. For free. Why complain?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:46 AM   #47
is not wierd

That's what I'm saying. Why bother even putting in the option to ditch it if there's no reason to except for something to do when you're bored?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:46 AM   #48
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

I think you can ditch it only if it's seriously injured and cannot follow you quick enough. I wouldn't call it an option as such.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:57 PM   #49
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I think this Dog is permanent to you, because they said if you abandon your dog he will find you eventually.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives