Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Slew of superb new PC games. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/19135-slew-superb-new-pc-games.html)

Dasilva 03-07-2007 10:45 AM

Slew of superb new PC games.

I just noticed in the game charts, theres alot of new good PC games that came out recently and this month, heres my list of going-tobuy-at-some-point:

Jade Empire: Special Edition (RPG)
Supreme Commander (RTS)
Crysis (FPS)
World Of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (MMORPG)
Silverfall (RPG)
Runaway 2: The Dream Of The Turtle (ADV)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles (RPG)
Timeshift (FPS)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (FPS)
Ancient Wars: Sparta (RTS)
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (RTS)

All these out now or coming out this month. I can honestly say I need to get a month off from life and catch up with the gamming. :D

makini 03-07-2007 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva (Post 396568)

These two I've already bought... But I've only delved into Runaway as of yet. Looking good right now - real good! I'm looking forward to STALKER too, but I don't think I'll be as caught up in that one as in the regular adventures... Even though it seems to become the new great FPS replacing HL2...

Fop 03-07-2007 01:00 PM

Stalker actually looks like it'll be sweet game. I'm surprised by that after all this time. It was supposed to be something to play while waiting for HL2 to be released.

Dasilva 03-07-2007 01:11 PM

Well HL2 took 6 years to finish, and it was groundbreaking. If this is half as good as HL2 I'll be happy. :)

Kolzig 03-07-2007 02:22 PM

Quote:

Supreme Commander (RTS)
Crysis (FPS)
My summer is going to be pretty sweet when these games prices go down and I get some money from summer working. :)

neovsmatrix 03-07-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva (Post 396568)
I just noticed in the game charts, theres alot of new good PC games that came out recently and this month, heres my list of going-tobuy-at-some-point:

Supreme Commander (RTS)
Crysis (FPS)
World Of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (MMORPG)
Silverfall (RPG)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles (RPG)
Timeshift (FPS)
Ancient Wars: Sparta (RTS)

All these out now or coming out this month. I can honestly say I need to get a month off from life and catch up with the gamming. :D

Crysis is coming out September 4, according to ebgames.com

Dasilva 03-07-2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neovsmatrix (Post 396637)
Crysis is coming out September 4, according to ebgames.com

According to play.com its out on the 30th of this month, it could be wrong, my bad. ;)

Catbert 03-08-2007 04:11 AM

Microsoft still doesn't understand it can't win the "console war" without losing the PC market. If they keep going I think a lot of the usual Windows costumers will switch to Linux. Either this is true or I'm having wishful thoughts ;)

Fop 03-08-2007 04:26 AM

Retailers just slap any release date they can think of if there isn't a specific one known. Don't trust retailers.

Dasilva 03-08-2007 05:48 AM

So Half Life 3 is not coming out this year then?! Damn those retailers.

Kolzig 03-08-2007 07:33 AM

Yeah, play.com's dates are very often wrong. It's wise to never trust those. :)

kuze 03-08-2007 08:04 AM

For those who are interested in STALKER, a reputable German gaming magazine called GameStar just published a review of the game, giving it 90% as a final score, which is very high. On the other hand, they have been previewing the game and boosting the hype more than once, so a low score won't do the magazine's image any good, I suppose.

Kolzig 03-08-2007 08:08 AM

Other magazines have given good scores as well for Stalker.
Hopefully the game will not be too buggy. :)

Catbert 03-08-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuze (Post 396797)
For those who are interested in STALKER, a reputable German gaming magazine called GameStar just published a review of the game, giving it 90% as a final score, which is very high. On the other hand, they have been previewing the game and boosting the hype more than once, so a low score won't do the magazine's image any good, I suppose.

In the only magazine I read (national), I remember when they previewed Vampire: Bloodlines and hyped it up, I wanted to buy the game right there. Everything was cool by their description. When they reviewed the game they openly criticized the bugs and problems the game had, mentioning that the game had barely been changed since the preview and things you assume professional software houses would do from beta to final weren't done. You can criticize games you've hyped if you're professional and corteous about it.

kuze 03-08-2007 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catbert (Post 396827)
You can criticize games you've hyped if you're professional and corteous about it.

True, and I hope that'll be that kind of review when I get the chance to actually read it.

Putrid Moldyman 03-08-2007 04:12 PM

I've got my eye on S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but I doubt it would run well on my computer.