You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General New Jedi Academy Mod! 1.4GB's of Star Wars Fun!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 06:31 AM   #1
Vigilant

Default New Jedi Academy Mod! 1.4GB's of Star Wars Fun!

Some of you might already be familiar with this mod but I would like to expose it further to the public eye because it deserves all the publicity it can get. A mod that has been in production by a single programmer for nearly 5 years will be released in the upcoming months. The mod, Knights of the Force, will feature hundreds of Star Wars characters that appear in all six movies. This is an incredible feat for any one person. Each model allegedly has their own fighting style and stance, along with customizable lightsabers and weapons. In the mod, one will be able to take part in numerous battles, both massive and small scale. Take a look at some of these screens:

There are pleny more where that came from on the main site. http://kotf.com/main.htm
Make sure to give the demo a try if you still own a copy of Jedi Academy. I bought the game off of Ebay strictly to play this massive mod. By the way, there have been a few pushbacks, so disregard the OUT MARCH 1ST thread on the main page.

Last edited by TangentBlack; 03-05-2007 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Resize pics
Old 03-05-2007, 07:18 AM   #2

Heh, makes me want to track down a copy of Jedi Academy. Let us know how it turns out, and if it really is the bees knees, I'll probably score a copy off of ebay to check this out.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:46 AM   #3
gin soaked boy

Thanks for the heads up, it really looks impressive.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:18 AM   #4
Lovable rogue

Sounds pretty cool, if only I hadn't taken Jedi Academy back to the shop after completing it...

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 03-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
Vigilant

The game is very cheap on Ebay....although it would be like paying money for the mod because you would have to buy the original game. I think it would be worth it. I really have confidence in the developer; I have personally spoke to him through emails and he devotes most of his free time to its completion.

By the way, there will be a 37 minute trailer that features a montage of 270 short videos from the mod as a showcase of what it has to offer. I will post a link to it when it is released.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #6
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Yeah, I was a bit dissapointed because it didn't meet the release date twice, I think he should of not given out a date, because anything can go wrong.

But I've had my eye on this mod since it was born, I was very active in the mod community with Jedi Academy & HL2, I should really try and see what else is coming soon...

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-05-2007, 12:52 PM   #7
Vigilant

Yeah, I thought you would have been informed about this mod, Dasilva. Your posts portray you as a big SW fan. Tim, the developer, whilst an ambition modder, does not have the business savvy or PR experience in order to properly spread the word about his mod. I am just hoping that this trailer is released soon or he will literally have an angry mob waiting at his front door (or at least his front webpage)!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:29 AM   #8
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentBlack View Post
Yeah, I thought you would have been informed about this mod, Dasilva. Your posts portray you as a big SW fan. Tim, the developer, whilst an ambition modder, does not have the business savvy or PR experience in order to properly spread the word about his mod. I am just hoping that this trailer is released soon or he will literally have an angry mob waiting at his front door (or at least his front webpage)!
Well, fan of the original trilogy, anyway.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-08-2007, 05:50 AM   #9
Vigilant

Default 37 Minute Trailer Released!

Hey, as I promised, I will post a link to the trailer. I chose medium quality for those of you who have slower computers. If you want the higher quality just go to the main page and click downloads at the top and you will find a different link. (This file is extremely large at 369 mb).

http://files.filefront.com/KnightsofTheForce+medium/;6880442;;/fileinfo.html

After watching this, I was absolutely shocked at how much detail he put into this. Just read some of these features: KotF includes 100 new Star Wars characters, 150 skins, 70 lightsabers, 40 vehicles, 50 new stages, 130 NPCs, around 40 new and upgraded menus, 70 multiplayer maps and extraordinary CD menu. All these new features require 3.5 GB space on your hard drive or require at least 2 CDs.

I can't contain myself!
Old 05-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #10
Vigilant

The official release of this mod will be May 25th for the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. I will keep you guys posted for more info as it gets to me.

http://kotf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?...r=asc&start=15
Old 05-17-2007, 03:32 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Rayvielle Send a message via MSN to Rayvielle

My God that's detailed ...

Wow, this mod'll be sheer bliss.

I so need to pick up a copy of Academy.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:49 AM   #12
Life and times of...

I think I still have my copy installed on my computer.

Let's see now...

Yep, there it is! It's been a really, really, really, long time since I played it, so if I do download this, I'll have to get used to it for a while again