You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Beyond Good and Evil question and random stuff...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2004, 07:07 PM   #1
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq
Default Beyond Good and Evil question and random stuff...

I am really enjoying the whole Beyond Good & Evil experience I must say. It's a really fresh game.

A few things bother me however. Did anyone notice halfway through the game at the factory that one of the characters kept calling Jade "Shauni" ?? I think the developers forgot to go back and redub the voices when they upgraded the original main character to the now much cooler "Jade" we're familiar with. That irritated me a little. My name isn't Shauni!! ugh!

I saw this image for the game Ghosthunter. Doesn't the alien in this shot look like the aliens in Beyond Good & Evil a little?

What else... I just LOVE driving around in the water at night. The whales and sea creatures all flying past you and being able to zoom in close to check out the details just summate into this wonderful experience. It really feels like being in a fantastic fantasy world.

Next, I have to play Splinter Cell and Nancy Drew : Danger on Deception Island.

Last edited by eriq; 01-30-2004 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:51 PM   #2
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq
A few things bother me however. Did anyone notice halfway through the game at the factory that one of the characters kept calling Jade "Shauni" ?? I think the developers forgot to go back and redub the voices when they upgraded the original main character to the now much cooler "Jade" we're familiar with. That irritated me a little. My name isn't Shauni!! ugh!
I don't think the original character was named differently.
And actually, Jade is called Shauni by that very first alien boss in the beginning of the game.
(spoiler for those who haven't played that far yet, but you can go ahead)
Spoiler:
And later she takes Shauni as a codename when she joins the um... ... forgot the name of the rebels' organisation. You probably missed that dialogue line or something.

Old 01-30-2004, 08:01 PM   #3
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Yeah, it's just a codename.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 01-30-2004, 08:56 PM   #4
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
Yeah, it's just a codename.
So I'm confused.. why was she called that by the Alien boss?? Where did the codename come from and when was it introduced in the gameplay?
Old 01-30-2004, 11:48 PM   #5
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
So I'm confused.. why was she called that by the Alien boss?? Where did the codename come from and when was it introduced in the gameplay?
It was introduced when ... read the spoiler in my previous post
As for why the alien called her that, do you want us to spoil the story for you or do you want to find out for your self?

Old 01-31-2004, 12:39 AM   #6
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
The codename is a public name, so it's the name the alien boss knows. Since Jade is her real name, the alien boss doesn't know it.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 02-02-2004, 11:06 AM   #7

Quote:
After having been recruited and before she left the hidden Iris HQ , Jade tells Hahn "Shauni" will be what she's to be called.