You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General beyond good and evil

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2007, 12:29 PM   #1

Default beyond good and evil

Beyond good and evil is about a girl named jade that lives in a lighthouse where she takes care of orphaned children thats parent's were taken away by the domz, who are an evil alien race that kidnap people of hyllis, which is the planet jade is on, jad will go on a quest to defeat the domz and find out what is good and what is evil.

this is one of my favorite games,it is alot like the video games "kya dark lineage" and "malice".

Last edited by mawile the deciever; 02-14-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #2

I'm currently playing through this and I'm looking for the secret entrance into the slaughter house. My little sister also has a copy and she's heavily engrossed in the game. I've come to the conclusion that she really likes action adventure games (Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, BG&E, Psychonauts, Spyro, etc).. anyway.

I really admire the developers for making this game. When making it they had the Zelda games in mind and it shows (and this is a good thing, you don't get many action adventures for the whole family these days... so I'm also glad this topic turned up during the announcement of Insecticide).

The game is well paced, quite large in scope and has some genuinly good ideas (the hovercraft makes things easier than the boat in Wind Waker) and I love the colourscheme in this game.

The story, essentially about propaganda and going against totalitarianism and etc.

However, there does seem something rather pretentious about the game. I can't really put my finger on what it is, but it feels really derivitive yet at the same time covers it really well, but not well enough.

Maybe, being a console gamer for so many years I've seen it all, but I know this game could be that magic game for this generation's kids that Final Fantasy VII and Ocarina of Time was during mine.

Shame there probably won't be part 2.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:15 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to I Love Cookiemonster

I know from a pretty reliable source that BG&E2 was supposed to start betatesting about a month or 2 ago. But it hasen't started yet. Or at least not with the company that he's working for.
I'm the root of all that's evil yeah but you can call me Cookie
Old 02-14-2007, 04:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Cookiemonster View Post
I know from a pretty reliable source that BG&E2 was supposed to start betatesting about a month or 2 ago. But it hasen't started yet. Or at least not with the company that he's working for.
If that is true, then that?s good news.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:13 AM   #5

Sounds unlikely that they'd hit beta stage without even announcing it. Some developers have been known to keep quiet till late, but that's ridiculous.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:12 PM   #6

I can help you terramax i have the strategy giude for the game.
"from mamago garage,follow you compass to the location marked as "slaughter house race ." soon reach the red laser barrier.head straight for the barrier and punch your jump button just before you hit the laser. the new jump kit lifts your hovercraft over the barrier.(it may take a while to do this) enter race 3, you find the secret entrance in the left wall,a short distance past the second accelerator ramp."
This forum here http://z6.invisionfree.com/BGE2_Revolution/index.php? is all about BG&E and updates their infomation about the possible BG&E 2.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:24 AM   #7
A Servicable Villain

I'll believe BG&E when I see the words formed from the very mouth of Michel Ancèl.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:35 AM   #8
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Yeah, me too.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:40 AM   #9
Master of time and space

I haven't been able to make this one run on my laptop with XP. The graphics keep glitching and there is no newer driver for my gfx card than 2004 :-(
The XBOX version doesn't seem to run on the 360 either...
Old 02-18-2007, 12:58 AM   #10
is not wierd

Bummer dude, that game's pretty awesome.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:03 AM   #11
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
I haven't been able to make this one run on my laptop with XP. The graphics keep glitching and there is no newer driver for my gfx card than 2004 :-(
The XBOX version doesn't seem to run on the 360 either...
What graphics chip does your laptop have?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:14 AM   #12
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
What graphics chip does your laptop have?
NVIDIA GeForce 4200 Go (DELL Mobile)