You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Rogue Galaxy and Zelda Twilight

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq
Default Rogue Galaxy and Zelda Twilight

I am about to dive into Rogue Galaxy for the PS2 and have been playing Zelda on the Wii... anyone playing these as well? thoughts? reviews? I am loving Zelda! and I can't wait to start Rogue Galaxy.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #2
Ghettobob22

I haven't picked up Rogue Galaxy yet but I hope to as soon as I can, as for Zelda...I was disappointed, especially with the dungeons(too linear!) however I'm in the minority on that one

Old 02-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #3
Psychonaut

Loving Zelda on the Wii.

Rouge Galaxy isn't out over here yet, but I loved their last game so I'm really looking forward to it.

With FF XII coming out next week it's RPG heaven.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:35 PM   #4
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Eek! Need to get my PS2 back again. lol.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 02-08-2007, 07:24 AM   #5
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Rouge Galaxy
I don't think I'd want to visit there.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:33 AM   #6
gaybrush threepwoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
I don't think I'd want to visit there.
hehehe. that's cute.

It's really quite a cool game... check it out if you can. Top production and gameplay.

On my radar is BLUE DRAGON on thx xbox360 as well. WOW.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #7

I hope it will be released in europe... Maybe another 6 months...

I loved Dark Chronicle even with some repetitive combat!
Old 02-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq View Post
hehehe. that's cute.

It's really quite a cool game... check it out if you can. Top production and gameplay.

On my radar is BLUE DRAGON on thx xbox360 as well. WOW.
Lucky you. How do you get all this free time

Firefox rules
Old 02-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #9

Zelda is fantastic and the further I get into it, the more I love it. I think the dungeons are incredibly well designed, and there are so many interesting puzzles. I am playing FFXII as well and that is an amazing game also, although I'm still early in the game and it requires some grinding for money and experience . Rogue Galaxy sounds interesting, but not sure I'll be getting it since I don't have time to play any but top-rated games these days.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #10
gaybrush threepwoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yini View Post
Rogue Galaxy sounds interesting, but not sure I'll be getting it since I don't have time to play any but top-rated games these days.
Rogue Galaxy IS top rated. It's gotten amazing reviews across the board.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:34 PM   #11
gaybrush threepwoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 View Post
Lucky you. How do you get all this free time
Good Question! Actually I don't have a lot of time. I play whenever I can but to be quite honest... I buy many games because I've followed the development for years - ultimately playing only a few hours here and there. But every now and then a gem comes along and I lose a few days of work.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:58 AM   #12
FlipFrame

I was refraining from saying anything, but Rogue Galaxy has the most mind-numbing narrative I've ever witnessed. I'm rather incredulous that something this poor was glossed over in previews and reviews. Friends who are jRPG afficionados state that this is status quo for the genre, but I find it very hard to swallow.

Combat is fun enough, and really the primary reason I continue playing, albeit at and dramatically decelerated pace after the horrible Jungle Planet, Juraika. The Revelation board is quite similar to the License board in FF12, which is fine enough, and they have what I think will be an interesting weapon/item creation minigame with the so-called Factory that I've yet to unlock. So the physical act of playing is pretty good, but I promise you the story, pacing and dialog is worse than say a Dragon Ball Z or other cheap, made for tv anime.

Just to make my perspective a little clearer for you guys, I never play jRPG's, with the last being a partial playing of FF7. I'm an all Western RPGer, such as the Ultimas, Wasteland, Fallout, Arcanum and Planescape being representative of what I grew up with. I played Oblivion for 120 hours, and I consider that to be a pretty poor game with regards to narrative as well, but compared to RG its a masterpiece. I'm playing FF12 and its absolutely brilliant in every aspect. One of the most mature and exquisitely delivered stories I've ever seen. If you asked me days prior to playing it, what I thought of Final Fantasy, I would've lumped it into the same category as a Rogue Galaxy, so believe me when I say I was stunned. I had similar hopes for RG after than, but it wasn't meant to be...

...and yea Zelda rocks.

Cheers
Old 02-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #13

I'm planning on picking up Rogue Galaxy after a price drop.

I picked up Zelda with my Wii, two weeks after the original release so it would have been real early December (the 3rd, I think), and I still haven't even opened it. It's not that I don't want to play it, it's just that I have a stack of other games to play, and for all I've been hearing about how REALLY long Twilight Princess is, I don't want to start it up and end up neglecting all my other games for a couple months until I finish it.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:27 AM   #14
Lovable rogue

I competed Zelda over Christmas in about 60 hours, taking time to enjoy the side quests.

(Although I'm sure some of that time can be explained by the fact I wasn't paying full attention to the hint at the start, that you could call your horse by blowing on a piece of grass, and as such ended up walking most places.)
Me

I thought it was a really fun game, and thoroughly enjoyed every moment. I can't wait for the next one!

Am I the only one that thought Link looked kinda cute in this game?

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena