You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Mr. Smoozles Goes Nutso - CD version (and selling the game)?

View Poll Results: Would you buy a CD version of Mr. Smoozles Goes Nutso?
Yes, I would buy a CD version. 7 38.89%
No, I have no interest in buying the game on CD. 2 11.11%
I already bought the game - it would depend on what additional extras there are. 4 22.22%
I already bought the game - it would depend on the price. 0 0%
Forget the game, I'll just send you lots of money. 1 5.56%
Other. 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2007, 12:29 AM   #1
Writer-Designer

Default Mr. Smoozles Goes Nutso - CD version (and selling the game)?

The online sales of the game appear to have dwindled somewhat. I know that people in some places were asking about a version on disk and I wondered how much interest there might be in this. If I could get some idea of the potential numbers I could gauge if it was something I could set out to do.

The idea would be to burn the game to CD (along with a few extras, perhaps) and print out the cover. I'd need to set up the payment side of things, too, of course.

Any takers?
Old 01-23-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
Kung Fu Code Poet

Perhaps put a poll onto this thread. I already bought the download, but would also buy the cd if it contained, for example, a never before seen original hard copy Mr Smoozles comic. Just an idea.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:38 AM   #3
Writer-Designer

The poll is a great idea and wish I'd thought of it - serves me right for posting the original when I still hadn't woken up properly. Editing the posst doesn't allow me to create a poll...

The comic idea is a good one, though I'm not sure what format that would take if I did it.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ince View Post
The poll is a great idea and wish I'd thought of it - serves me right for posting the original when I still hadn't woken up properly. Editing the posst doesn't allow me to create a poll...
Just give me (here or by PM) the question, possible answers, and when you want the poll to close, and I'll add it.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 01-23-2007, 02:35 AM   #5
Kung Fu Code Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ince
The comic idea is a good one, though I'm not sure what format that would take if I did it.
That would depend on the outcome of the poll, I suppose. Last thing you want to do is have highly inflated production costs, so perhaps just a few pages added to the cd inlay with one to three strips on each page.

Love the game, by the way. It has character.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:49 AM   #6
Writer-Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
Just give me (here or by PM) the question, possible answers, and when you want the poll to close, and I'll add it.
Thanks for doing the poll for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacog View Post
That would depend on the outcome of the poll, I suppose. Last thing you want to do is have highly inflated production costs, so perhaps just a few pages added to the cd inlay with one to three strips on each page.

Love the game, by the way. It has character.
I'm pleased you liked it; I enjoyed putting it together.

You're right about the production costs. I may do signed prints of the opening comic strip sequence from the game. I may also put some additional stuff onto the CD.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:06 AM   #7
Kung Fu Code Poet

Feelies: Never underestimate their power over us weak minded and gullible consumer types. Got any action figures? Heh, I kid I kid.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:34 AM   #8
Writer-Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacog View Post
Got any action figures?
I wish...
Old 01-23-2007, 07:03 AM   #9

I bought the download version and I would probably get the CD version as well if it comes out. The thing I think is though I decided to get the game mainly because it was a Steve Ince game. I'm a Steve Ince fan after all. Even though I did enjoy the game and thought it was well worth the money, I'm not sure I would have bought the game if it was created by an unknown person.

- Akane, Ranma and Juliet
Old 01-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #10
Writer-Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akane_t View Post
I'm a Steve Ince fan after all.
I have a fan!
You made my day.

Quote:
Even though I did enjoy the game and thought it was well worth the money, I'm not sure I would have bought the game if it was created by an unknown person.
That's an interesting perspective.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:10 AM   #11
Super Moderator

I'd buy a CD. I'm one of the few who still doesn't have broadband at home. Even though it was a relatively small download, my dial up cut out on me part way through and I never got back to reattempting the download (I've been too lazy to bring my laptop to work to use the fast connection there).
Old 01-23-2007, 04:53 PM   #12
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I answered "Other". It's kind of sinful of me, but I haven't yet bought the game in any shape or form . Given that, though, whether I would get a CD version in preference to the download version would depend on both the relative price and the additional extras.

(And this thread reminds me that I really must play this game once I have some free time and my computer back.)

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:06 PM   #13
Banned User

I answered no because, while the game is pretty good, it's just not the kind of game i'd buy. Then again, i'm really stingy, so i'm sure my opinion is not a good judgement for this sort of thing.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:57 PM   #14
Writer-Designer

Robert: Yes it's very sinful of you.

Eureka, all opinions are valuable. Thanks for your comment.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:41 AM   #15
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

I'd buy a CD perhaps...but I'd buy a download much quicker, and considering where I live (South Africa) buying a foreign CD might not be feasible or in my price range...If I were in the UK, however, I'd probably buy the CD if it came with goodies.

As it happens, we did buy the game and I really enjoyed it....I've never played that type of game before...It was charming and fast paced, and for some reason I really enjoyed the music.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #16
Writer-Designer

I'm glad you liked the game and thanks for buying it. I'll let Josh know you liked the music.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:49 PM   #17
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I'd buy a CD if I knew I was getting something extra or better than the download version.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 01-25-2007, 09:52 AM   #18

I'd buy the CD. Like Melanie, I'm still on dial-up at home, don't have a laptop and my flash drive isn't big enough for the download. It's a sad tale of woe, isn't it?
Old 01-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #19

I don't know what extras you were considering, but putting the soundtrack on the disc either in MP3 form or so you could put the cd into a normal CD Player/Hifi would make it really collectible.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:19 AM   #20
Banned User

I'd buy the game if it were on Xbox Live.