You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Getting a Wii Mission Impossible?!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva
Default Getting a Wii Mission Impossible?!

Get everyone, by the first week in February I will have enough cash to buy my wii thanks to selling my life on ebay. lol.

So I went past Game Station to ask if they have Wii stock, and they said I dont know when they will get Wiis, I went to GAME(tm) and they said the same thing. PEOPLE! Its been like 2 months since the launch, and the Wii was aparently not going to have shortages?

I really dont want to pay £300 for a wii on ebay, because I think those people are thieves and dont deserve my money.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 01-21-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
Psychonaut

I got one in Argos. Just after New Year.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
Hitch-Hiker

Maybe I should pop in there and see if they have some.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 01-21-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
merely human

Patience is a virtue, grasshopper. Just wait til there are more available. Your enjoyment of it will not diminish.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-21-2007, 10:56 AM   #5
Hitch-Hiker

I got my 360 from Argos, this is going to be a trend I see. lol.

_

Old 01-21-2007, 11:33 AM   #6
Banned User

Wouldn't you rather wait until there were some decent games for the Wii?
Old 01-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #7
merely human

That's what I'm doing as well. None of the games currently available interest me. If there are at least four or five titles that I personally would like I'll consider getting the console. It's just not worth it for one or two games.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #8
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Wouldn't you rather wait until there were some decent games for the Wii?
Theres a lack of good games?

_

Old 01-21-2007, 11:38 AM   #9
Banned User

Name 3.

I can only name one...Rayman.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #10
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Name 3.

I can only name one...Rayman.
These are ones I personally want, nomatter what reviews say:
  • Trauma Center: Second Opinion
  • WarioWare: Smooth Moves
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (already have this one waiting for my wii )
  • Madden NFL 07
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

_

Old 01-21-2007, 11:44 AM   #11
Banned User

The Legend of Zelda is highly overrated. If it didn't don the Zelda name, everyone would talk about how much it sucks if they even talked about it at all.

Madden??....but...you're British!
Old 01-21-2007, 11:46 AM   #12
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
The Legend of Zelda is highly overrated. If it didn't don the Zelda name, everyone would talk about how much it sucks if they even talked about it at all.

Madden??....but...you're British!
Zelda is a great game even if it didn't have the Zelda name, reviewers dont review a game on its legacy but on the game itself and its gotten great reviews.

I hated every Madden, but I think it may be fun because of the controls. All the review agree that the controls make this game actually fun, so it might get me into the genre.

PS- I aint british.

_

Old 01-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #13
Banned User

Oh please. Zelda got great reviews because it's Zelda. Having played the game...it was just so...boring! It wasn't epic at all. If it had been Legend of Dasilva, it would have gotten the 5s adn 6s it deserved. No offense to you...i'm sure a game about you would be great!
Old 01-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #14
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
No offense to you...i'm sure a game about you would be great!
Damn straight!

To be perfectly honest with you I've never finished a single Zelda. I'm the kind of guy who played some Zelda for an our at a friends' house. Twilight Princess is the first Zelda game I've actually bought. I plan to get Wind Waker and download the N64 ones from the Wiiconnect24 service. I always loved Zelda as a character and the world, but never had the chance to really apprechiate it. Why not start now?

_

Old 01-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #15
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Well, I can say that I STILL haven't seen even one Wii console anywhere, and now I've been to shops in Vaasa and London...

In London everywhere was sold out, in Vaasa it seems that it has never even existed as there are no adverts, no placeholders, nothing at all...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:25 PM   #16
Psychonaut

Twightlight Princess ROCKS and is worth every glowing review it gets.

Wii Sports is great fun and a workout at the same time.

Rayman is fun because the Rabbids are sodding hilarious.

Red Steel was a disappointment, but the shooting interface shows it's more intuitive to point and shoot than waggle a analogue stick.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:28 PM   #17
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Red Steel was a disappointment, but the shooting interface shows it's more intuitive to point and shoot than waggle a analogue stick.
Oh yeah, I want that too.

Im not sure about Monkey Ball, I hear its frustrating.

_

Old 01-21-2007, 12:49 PM   #18
FlipFrame

Dasilva, Zelda is every bit as brilliant a construction as you'd expect, with brilliant puzzles, boss battles and scope. I personally loved Wind Waker more than anything, but this is most certainly great experience.

Red Steel is a love or hate game for people. One thing thats baffling, is that almost every non-fps game that had some sort of pointing mechanic performed better than in RS, which is sluggish(delayed), but RS has a certain quality I can't put my finger on. Its average for an FPS, but it looks great and it is fun to play...

...that said, you'd be surprised to hear that CoD3 is actually awesome on the Wii. Its the closest approximation to a mouse yet. The cursor is dead accurate and immediately responsive. You have two types of aiming, fixed and dynamic, where one is simply a freed cursor like you've been seeing with a dead-zone, and fixed is where the whole view moves immediately like a shooter on the PC. Best shooter yet IMHO with lots of smaller interactions with the controller sprinkled about...I love leaning around corners by twisting the wiimote (rather than how in Red Steel its merely cosmetic; shooting g-lock style).

Monkey ball is hard as hell, but I like that.

Elebits is awesome, and I'd think it would suit the adventure gamers here. You get to explore and touch and toss around your environment, opening everything you'd imagine would open, with a small bit of discovery, as there are hidden interactions that you can find. Pointer action is precise and highly responsive.

Madden rocks by simple virtue of the controller. I haven't played an football game period since 1991, the very first Madden when it didn't even have date after his name...on Sega Genesis.

Excite Truck is very fast and fun. I'm a racer, being a huge low-sim racing fan such as GT and Forza, to hybrid-sims like PGR3. Excite Truck has that loose and wild fun racing that pretty much anyone can get into, especially if they're not racing fans or very proficient.

Rayman is exhausting and torturous. I love it, but I can only play it in short bursts with long breaks in between. Design is very much Rayman and a joy to look at.

Wii Sports is um, its great. Its exactly what you'd expect and its more fun than you'd think. The training is actually more fun for me than the base level games, especially target practice in tennis.

So yea, there are a lot of reasons already to get a Wii, and no, you won't find one anywhere!

Bye!

Cheers
Old 01-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #19
Banned User

I roll my eyes at thee.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:14 PM   #20
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

I got a Wii a couple days ago at Wal-Mart. I wasn't even planning on getting one at the time, but they had just gotten some in, so I decided to go ahead and get it. Hooray for impulse purchases! Just need some games now. I think Call of Duty 3, maybe Zelda. I've never really had all that much exposure to Zelda before. Will I be okay just playing this one without having seen any of the others? Is it Zelda really as great as many people think it is? Maybe I'll just rent it first and see.