Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Resistance: Fall of Man (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/18278-resistance-fall-man.html)

SoccerDude28 12-27-2006 09:50 AM

Resistance: Fall of Man

Is rekindling my excitement of games. At first, I thought it was just a generic shooter, but au contraire. The weapons are very fun to use, and the best I can describe it, is a hybrid between ratchet and clank, and call of duty with a sci-fi twist to it. Brilliant.

Ps3Lover 01-06-2007 03:13 AM

You lucky Ba***** !

im still waiting here to play the game.
you guys are so lucky there in the US of A.

:D

SoccerDude28 01-06-2007 01:07 PM

It's a great game, one of the best shooters I've played since Half Life 2. The weapons are some of the best I've ever seen, paralleled by probably only the gravity gun in HL2 and the weapons in Duke Nukem.

Dasilva 01-06-2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 (Post 378889)
It's a great game, one of the best shooters I've played since Half Life 2. The weapons are some of the best I've ever seen, paralleled by probably only the gravity gun in HL2 and the weapons in Duke Nukem.

Pitty theres no tactics when killing enemies, just the DOOM-style shoot forever. :P This is what I hear though (and I've seen videos), I haven't played it. I ear the vehicles & guns are great fun though.

SoccerDude28 01-06-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva (Post 378894)
Pitty theres no tactics when killing enemies, just the DOOM-style shoot forever. :P This is what I hear though (and I've seen videos), I haven't played it. I ear the vehicles & guns are great fun though.

Well if you are referring to the original Doom, that would be high praise to any game, given that it is one of the best FPS'es to date ;) But let me tell you, if you try to go through the levels like you did in DOOM, you will be dead in less than 10 seconds even on normal settings.

I found that it borrowed from a lot of shooters, not only one. It has Call of Duty's epic battles, Half Life's pacing, Halo's vehicle rides, and some of the brilliant ratchet and clank weapon design in there. I have high respect for the guys at Insomniac :)

CrimsonBlue 01-06-2007 04:16 PM

Anyone who've played both Gears of War and Resistance? Which would you prefer? I wasn't thrilled by Gears of War, to be honest. I think it's mighty overhyped and overrated - to me it's just another shooter with fancy graphics. I fear Resistance will feel the same too, but I'm a big fan of Insomniacs work with both Spyro and Ratched and Clank.

Ps3Lover 01-07-2007 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue (Post 378924)
Anyone who've played both Gears of War and Resistance? Which would you prefer? I wasn't thrilled by Gears of War, to be honest. I think it's mighty overhyped and overrated - to me it's just another shooter with fancy graphics. I fear Resistance will feel the same too, but I'm a big fan of Insomniacs work with both Spyro and Ratched and Clank.

hmmz, Could be an idea to open a new topic.. like "Resistance or Gears of wars ?" :9 :pan:

Lucien21 01-07-2007 03:06 AM

No contest.

From all the reviews I've seen Resistance is a pretty mediocre title only getting attention because it's a launch title in a very poor lauch list. As one PS3 mag put it. It's a 7 or 8 out of 10 game.

Gears of War is consistantly praised as a 9 or even 10/10 game. I'll admit it's not perfect, but it is bloody brilliant to play.

However until I play resistance I can't be sure, but it hardly loos awe inspiring.

insane_cobra 01-07-2007 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ps3Lover (Post 378993)
hmmz, Could be an idea to open a new topic.. like "Resistance or Gears of wars ?" :9 :pan:

No. Please, let's stop this stupid fighting happening in all console related threads.

That said, I'm not terribly excited about Resistance, I've always seen it as a me too type of game. Then again, I wasn't terribly excited about many games until I've played them, either. The way I see it, it's a solid game, mostly thanks to Insomniac's capability of extracting quality out of even the most dull-seeming material, but not the one many people will remember a couple years from now (though maybe they will remember it, but only for being the first game in the franchise).

Ps3Lover 01-07-2007 04:46 AM

what do you all talking about ?? Doesn`t gears looks like another DOOM game? or unreal game ? or halo Game ?

just because its a game on the Ps3, which shows already wonderfull pshycs for the first-gen game, you crack it down ?.Gear is just over-hyped.Like metal gear solid always is (thats why the big score numbers)! Remember that ! Xbox360 did only had COD2 at launch and it just was a port with upgraded graphics.

insane_cobra 01-07-2007 05:02 AM

This is not a thread about Gears of War, let's not mention it anymore. Resistance: Fall of Man should be judged on its own terms.

Dasilva 01-07-2007 05:44 AM

PS3lover

At least try not to sound like a child when you argue.

Ps3Lover 01-07-2007 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane_cobra (Post 379017)
This is not a thread about Gears of War, let's not mention it anymore. Resistance: Fall of Man should be judged on its own terms.

I agree :)

bigjko 01-07-2007 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva (Post 379024)
PS3lover

At least try not to sound like a child when you argue.

I agree. :shifty:

Ps3Lover 01-07-2007 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjko (Post 379035)
I agree. :shifty:

Do you have something to tell ? something that lies deep ?
You can talk with me on PM if you want ?
Do you like that ?

wilco 01-07-2007 06:54 AM

The Ratchet series are some of my favourite PS2 games, so this really sounds interesting, other thing I've read is that it becomes better and better towards the end, so it has the right pacing, that's something difficult to nail. (For example, I was getting bored of Call of Duty 2 towards the end...)

The only thing I don't like is that it's played with a joypad and I hate FPS without mouse/keyboard but that's probably my problem... :)

CrimsonBlue 01-07-2007 07:07 AM

It was a fairly simple question, and if you haven't played both, there should be no reason to answer this. From what I've heard, both are generic shooters that adds nothing new to the genre. That said, I know that GoW is considered the best.

Oh, and btw. Here's a little something for Ps3Lover:

:pan:

For talking down on one of my favourite Playstation games ever (Metal Gear Solid).

Ps3Lover 01-07-2007 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue (Post 379040)
It was a fairly simple question, and if you haven't played both, there should be no reason to answer this. From what I've heard, both are generic shooters that adds nothing new to the genre. That said, I know that GoW is considered the best.

Oh, and btw. Here's a little something for Ps3Lover:

:pan:

For talking down on one of my favourite Playstation games ever (Metal Gear Solid).

Damnit crimson, my ass is now all red ! :shifty: :shifty:

SoccerDude28 01-07-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue (Post 378924)

I have both and have tried both. (Well I've finished Resistance, and finished one section in Gears)

From what I've played so far, Resistance to me is a much more fun single player experience. Like you mentioned yourself, Gears was just another shooter with fancier graphics. I'm still trying to understand what made most reviewers agree that it is the best game of the year. Besides amazing graphics, I have found it an average tactical FPS.

Resistance is also another shooter, but the weapons really make it much more fun and open a whole new dimension. Every weapon has a secondary firing option and some of them are just a joy to use. And what's cool, play the game again, and you unlock a whole new load of weapons, so it is very replayable. The problem with resistance is that it "looks" like every other shooter out there, but when you get to play for a little, it is a very unique gameplay experience.

I haven't tried multi-player yet on either so I can't judge them in that department.

Eureka 01-07-2007 10:08 PM

I like the story behind Resistance, but god it's boring.