You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General New Fable 2 Images.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva
Default New Fable 2 Images.

Check out these new pictures brand new from Gamespot.

I really liked Fable: The Lost Chapters, but I felt there was much more potential, lets hope Fable 2 will be one of those great killer titles.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 11-30-2006, 01:19 PM   #2
gin soaked boy

Eh, weeks old.

I'm very much looking forward to it, Molyneux really sounds like he's learned his lesson. I'm curious as to how they'll implement his combat related ideas.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
Hitch-Hiker

They are? I never saw them before.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 11-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #4
Bad command or file name

When is this due out?

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 03:29 PM   #5
merely human

Gamespy states it at 'TBA 2007'. I bet it'll instead launch in Q1 08.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #6
gin soaked boy

Definitely not before 2008.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:27 AM   #7
merely human

I wonder if they'll keep the storybook look and art direction of the first Fable. I loved it, very special and unique to the vision of that world and looked like no other RPG.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-12-2006, 02:34 AM   #8
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
I wonder if they'll keep the storybook look and art direction of the first Fable. I loved it, very special and unique to the vision of that world and looked like no other RPG.
it truly was a masterpiece in the visual spectrum of things. the one bad thing was that everyone wanted it to last longer, which in hindsight isn't a bad thing at all, because what we did play was pure brilliance. i can't wait for the next one, maybe they'll add some replay value and head for game of the year.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 12-12-2006, 03:43 AM   #9
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Looking good..Haven´t had the chance to finish Fable 1 yet.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:37 AM   #10
Banned User

I played the first Fable, but I never finished. I just got bored with it after a while. I'm more of an Elder Scrolls RPGer.

Speaking of RPGs, anyone excited about the upcoming Firefly MMORPG?
Old 12-12-2006, 07:46 AM   #11
Bad command or file name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
I played the first Fable, but I never finished. I just got bored with it after a while. I'm more of an Elder Scrolls RPGer.
I thought Fable was supposed to be an open ended RPG in the same vein as the ES series. I likely just wasn't pay enough attention to what I was reading though.

Quote:
Speaking of RPGs, anyone excited about the upcoming Firefly MMORPG?
Not me at least. I've never cared for licensed games and I'm done with MMOs after wasting almost 1000 hours on EQ2. It was fun at the time but I gained nothing from it.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 12-12-2006, 08:21 AM   #12

I liked playing Fable. The story line was quite well done with a few surprises along the way. I also found the side-quests fun to do. I can't wait for the second one to come out.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #13

I played through and enjoyed Fable, but it seemed a little unpolished and rushed. I think that once they realized they couldn't do all that they said they would be able to, they just cut their losses and put it out. I didn't like the fact that you could just "buy" good points and bad points. I didn't think the character building was all that great in practice, and it was way too easy to be good at two of the three (closer to the end, all three out of three). You could get married constantly, and "divorce" fairly easily with basically no downsides.

There were a few other things I don't feel like listing out, but the overall message they advertised with the game was "live out a character's life where all your choices matter," when I didn't think any decision you made really mattered at all. There were the little "help the little girl, she says thanks when you come back years later" touches, but they seemed too obvious.

Still, I liked the game, and I'll probably reinstall it and play again sometime soon. I'm just glad I didn't pay full price for it.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #14
merely human

Havok Physics to Power Fable 2 | IGN.com , 12/12/06

Quote:
Boasting back at X06 that Fable 2 would have features like unconditional love, Peter Molyneux talks a good game. One thing he didn't talk about at X06, though, was what physics engine the sequel to his million-selling action/adventure/RPG hybrid would use. Today, Havok announced that Lionhead Studios (the company behind Fable 2) licensed "Havok Complete" as the physics technology that will power the far-off RPG.

Now, Molyneux and Lionhead can focus on getting this whole "unconditional love" thing to work -- that's a feature that doesn't even work in real life, how are they going to get it into a videogame?
Old 12-12-2006, 08:56 PM   #15
Banned User

Not a fan of the Havok engine. Things that should be a few tons seem to weight almost nothing using that engine.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:27 AM   #16
FlipFrame

Its because physics engines have yet to simulate potential energy (staggering resource requirment) and dev's are all to eager to make sure if something is physicallized, it better bounce around! No really. Plus component structures and material strength isn't simulated, so where a bullet would easily penetrate a bus in real life as the metal wouldn't withstand the impact locally nor can support the entire weight of the mass, physics engines (any) would derive kinetic energy from that impact point globally across the entire volume of the virtual bus and apply any force equally. So repeated shooting(with a machine gun) lets say, of a very large object(like said bus) would eventually generate enough energy to move it, making it appear weightless.

I'd say all physics engines have the same "issues". I'm no expert, but I've worked with quite a few, wanting to add them to my projects as ulimately its just plain fun and satisfying to have a physically reactive world. I think I've been most impressed with ODE's depiction of mass, and I'm rather suprised more dev's don't work with it. Aegis's hardware demos with collapsing structure and tearing cloth (like the local material strength I mentioned above) and fluid sim are awesome.

Oh and Fable 2 is going to be gorgeous, but thats just my insider opinion and I can't tell you why.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:30 AM   #17
Hitch-Hiker

Lol. Yeah sleeping with guys in Fable was funny. And bring on the Havok, it makes combat so much fun.

_

Old 12-13-2006, 11:27 AM   #18
merely human

Quote:
Not a fan of the Havok engine. Things that should be a few tons seem to weight almost nothing using that engine.
So according to EvoG's explanation you seem to be faulting Havok for something they're not yet capable of achieving on a commercial level?
Old 12-14-2006, 01:50 PM   #19
Banned User

I dunno. I guess?
Old 12-16-2006, 11:09 AM   #20

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

I was not able to finish Fable. In fact, I dropped the game after the first village. It felt, childish, and like a very typical consolegame. The grand focus seemeed to be good vs bad, and it felt like the good campaign had been cropped/downscaled to make room for the bad stuff.
The greatest turnoff was the lack of proper save function. I am an adult person with real-life responsibilities, I cannot play a game that hook me up 40-50minutes without the ability to save and shut off.