Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Conker's Bad Fur Day (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/17879-conkers-bad-fur-day.html)

Solid Snake 11-22-2006 10:29 AM

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Anybody else like this game? I think it's hilarious.

Spiwak 11-22-2006 12:01 PM

My mom never let me play it... :(

Atlantis 11-22-2006 02:10 PM

omg ithas to be one of the coolest games ever, especially as it originated on the N64, quite revolutionary really..

"My names birdy.. as in.. I scare birdies.." XD

Reflection 11-22-2006 03:51 PM

Believe it or not, I bought the game back in 1999/00...yet never played it.

SCRUGAtes13 11-22-2006 05:04 PM

i never bought it because i never had the money as a youngster, but now i have the chance to buy it in gamestation for £49.99 i really can't justify spending that much on something two generations prior to this one in the gaming world.

The Seed 11-23-2006 12:07 AM

£49.99? If you have an XBox you could try this instead:

http://uk.gamestracker.com/xbox/4216/

From what I can tell the single player campaign is pretty close to the original Bad Fur Day, and the graphics are lovely.

insane_cobra 11-23-2006 02:33 AM

True, it's a remake of sorts.

RLacey 11-23-2006 03:12 AM

I managed to buy this just as the N64 was finally dying for the princely sum of £15. I remember it being fairly fun, but getting stuck quite early on (I've never been good at boss battles). At least they cut down on the number of collectibles that one was required to get in this game (Donkey Kong 64 was painful in that respect).

I should probably give this one another go over Christmas.

Solid Snake 11-23-2006 05:43 AM

You can play it on your PC with a N64 emulator.

SCRUGAtes13 11-23-2006 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Seed (Post 366761)
£49.99? If you have an XBox you could try this instead:

http://uk.gamestracker.com/xbox/4216/

From what I can tell the single player campaign is pretty close to the original Bad Fur Day, and the graphics are lovely.

thanks alot seed, i knew of this game but had no idea that it was the remake, even after playing a demo of it :frusty:

cheers!

Atlantis 11-23-2006 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake (Post 366797)
You can play it for free on your PC with a N64 emulator.

Your kidding..?:9~

where can I get me an N64 Emu?

I have a SNES and GBA one.. but not an N64 one.. that would be sweet.

mrdriller 11-23-2006 10:25 AM

The Xbox version is slightly different than the N64 version - some parts are censored (Which is weird, considering the original was on a Nintendo system..) and the Teddiz in the war segment bleed red rather than stuffing.
Other than that, it's the same game, and it was just as funny playing it again on the Xbox as it was way back on the N64.

Solid Snake 11-23-2006 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlantis (Post 366851)
Your kidding..?:9~

where can I get me an N64 Emu?

I have a SNES and GBA one.. but not an N64 one.. that would be sweet.

Here is the emulator: http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/n64/project64.html. I also suggest you to try the Battletoads arcade game, it's made by the same guys who made Conker.You can play it with the arcade emulator, MAME.

RLacey 11-23-2006 11:17 AM

Um... guys... emulation falls into that same grey area of copyright law as abandonware. It's technically a breach of copyright even if you own an original copy of the game.

Solid Snake 11-23-2006 11:30 AM

If I gave the link for rom file (game) what you said would be right but the emulator's itself is not illegal or anything.

The Seed 11-23-2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13 (Post 366814)
thanks alot seed, i knew of this game but had no idea that it was the remake, even after playing a demo of it :frusty:

cheers!

Happy to help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
You can play it for free on your PC with a N64 emulator.

I actually tried that too, was well impressed with how smoothly and easily it ran. The only problem I encountered was with the controls. I'm not sure if there is a way to fix it, but with my USB gamepad I couldn't get the sensitivity control as you would with the analogue stick on an N64 gamepad, i.e. moving the stick just slightly makes the character walk slowly. This turned out to be a real problem when I got to the stage where you have to blow zombies heads off because I couldn't aim accurately, so I couldn't get any further with the game.

The original multiplayer is still fantastic and hilarious though, even just fighting against the AI is hopelessly addictive. I haven’t yet been able to make head or tail of the Live & Reloaded multiplayer yet, anyone know if it's any good?

Lucien21 11-23-2006 01:27 PM

Maybe it will get a Wii Virtual game release.

So go buy a Wii.

mrdriller 11-23-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Seed (Post 366880)

The original multiplayer is still fantastic and hilarious though, even just fighting against the AI is hopelessly addictive. I haven’t yet been able to make head or tail of the Live & Reloaded multiplayer yet, anyone know if it's any good?

L&R multiplayer is alot different than the original. The N64 had alot of cool modes for multiplayer to keep it interesting, L&R only has Squirrel's vs. Tediz battles. There's objective mode, and team death match. Four (I think) different classes to choose with different weapons. It's pretty fun, but the N64 had better multiplayer.

Solid Snake 11-23-2006 03:34 PM

I believe only the graphics are better in the Xbox version other than that N64 version is much better.

Atlantis 11-24-2006 12:24 PM

the storyline is adapted in the Xbox version, and its a lot more based on trying to please the online crowd, frankly I was a bit pissed off that microsoft had a nintendo/rareware game, it almost as bad as giving them Banjoo Kazooie (another game by Rare.) that would make my skin crawl.

thanks for the link snake ^^