Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Demos I should try out. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/17744-demos-i-should-try-out.html)

Zack 11-07-2006 08:39 PM

Demos I should try out.

Hey everyone, it's Zack.

I'm trying to figure out what games I would like to play this Christmas, but so far, I'm coming up with a blank mind. So, I have been trying out some demos for PC games that I think I might want to ask for on my Christmas List. So far, I've tried out the demo for Quake IV, which I thought was awesome, Titan Quest, which for some reason didn't really hook me on it, and Star Trek Elite Force II, which I thought was fun but a little hard. I own the first Elite Force game, and that was really fun.

So, what are the best demos you guys have tried out lately, just so I can get a taste of what to expect from them?. If you think of any recommendations, And pleaseremember, they need to be demos for PC Games.

Here's my system specs:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
AMD ATHLON Processor with 2.4 ghz
1 GB of Ram
GeForce 6800
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Gamer
Memorex DVD-ROM Drive

Once A Villain 11-07-2006 11:02 PM

Medieval II: Total War - Nice demo. Made me want the game.

I Love Cookiemonster 11-11-2006 03:23 AM

the new splinter cell maybe? F.E.A.R. was a really good game so you could try that. The new empire at war expension is pretty good

simpson_yellow 11-11-2006 05:06 AM

Hey Zack :)

As Cookie mentioned, try F.E.A.R if you haven't already - great demo.
Also, you might want to check out the demo for Extraction Point, which is the new expansion for F.E.A.R (you don't need to have the original game to play the demo).
Both demos available from whatisfear.com

I also just tried the demo for Company of Heroes, which was awesome. I'll definitely be buying the game - first time I've been interested in a real-time strategy in many years. The game's homepage has links to sites where you can download the demo.

Also give Prey a go - the demo is generously sized by most standards. Download from here (the download link on the Prey homepage seems to be broken at the moment).

Oh, and Sam & Max: Culture Shock of course.

Zack 11-11-2006 04:47 PM

Thanks simpson for the ideas. However, I own Prey, and it's one of the best games I've played so far this year, and my friend from work, Justin let me borrow F.E.A.R. earlier this summer, which I loved too.

The other choices, Sam and Max, Extraction Point, and Company of Heroes I will defintely try out.

Oh, and CookieMonster, The system requirements for the new Splinter Cell Game are too extreme for my computer. That's why I'm going to ask for the X-Box version that was made by Ubi Soft Montreal for Christmas.