You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General I get to play the Wii on Monday night!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2006, 07:24 AM   #21
More slaw!!!

I was surprised that more hadn't been posted on the Wii. I guess not many from here have been playing around with it? Though this part of the forum does seem exceptionally inactive these days.

I've still got 2+ weeks until I get my Wii, so let's hear some more to see if it's a worthy investment...
Old 11-21-2006, 08:58 AM   #22

I've decided to wait a couple of months to get the Wii... Not sure it's the right decision but there are too many great DS/PS2/PC games being released to justify a new console right now...

I'm actually only interested im Zelda/Rayman (maybe Monkeyball) so I think the right thing to do is wait for the release of Metroid 3 / Super Smash Brothers / Mario Galaxy and some quality third party support (Sam and Max?? )

But those damn commercials... must resist...
Old 11-21-2006, 09:08 AM   #23
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Well, Rayman is lots of fun!! Especially fuuny to watch someone ELSE play it, lol...gyrating, pumping their arms. It's crazy. And yeah, it IS quite a workout on your arms. But I think that's a great thing, I need the exercise, LMAO. At the beginning of December, I'll go buy more controllers, a USB cord, more games, a Wii points card.....

(I'll never have money again. *sigh*)
Old 11-21-2006, 09:43 AM   #24
Slim Shady

I guess they give regular controller with Wii along with the Nunchaku one.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #25
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefur View Post
Though this part of the forum does seem exceptionally inactive these days.
You're right about that. I guess everyone chills at chit-chat now.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:10 PM   #26
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
So, what did they say about it? Good? Bad? Hard on your arms?
Marco brought his in yesterday, and I got a chance ot try out Wii Sports for myself. It's actually really fun as a multiplayer game, but I could see it being less awesome by yourself. Deirdra and I tried out the boxing game, where you hold the wiimote in one hand and the nunchuck in the other and punch with them. You don't actually have to move the controllers very far, so you could easily play in a sitting position and never tire out your arms if you were so inclined. Honestly, though, that's no fun. Be careful not to punch your opponent though.

I'm hoping to buy one asap, but I suspect it'll be tougher than I originally thought. I may just wait 'til after christmas.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:30 PM   #27
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Yeah, boxing's a great workout, with all the arm-movement you have to do. Don't think you have to really stand and move your feet much, though. I'm in a wheelchair, and I consistently knock out my opponent by the 3-4 Round.

Another game to wear your arm muscles out with is this mini-game in Rayman: You have to deliver a package-bomb to a bunny, before the wick reaches its end, by pumping your arms up and down FAAAAST to make Rayman run. By the time that sucker ends, I'm exhausted, lol.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:16 PM   #28

Sounds like fun! I will probably try to get mine next time Amazon has it in stock, or else after Christmas. Was going to get Wii at launch but decided not to since I have my plate full playing FFXII/KH2/Okami. I am looking forward to playing Wii Sports with my non-gamer boyfriend though.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:49 PM   #29
Master of time and space

I don't even have a TV... :-P
Old 11-21-2006, 09:43 PM   #30
Friendly Server Admin

Nintendo's supposed to ship another couple of million consoles by the end of the year, so I think after the next few weeks getting them won't be quite so hard (I hope!)
Old 11-22-2006, 03:55 AM   #31
Slim Shady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdVYnn1CTVs
Old 11-23-2006, 07:38 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
How senseless. I liked this destruction of the wii much better.

And I see that it uses an axial fan. That really sucks, they couldn't even rip off the mac mini properly.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:16 AM   #33

I picked up a Wii last week in a bundle at Costco. Included Wii Sports with the console and Zelda: Twilight Princess and Excite Truck in the bundle. Played about five minutes and immediately went out to buy Rayman: Raving Rabbids and Madden 07. Looking forward to Elebits.

I've been a PC gamer for over two decades and have never owned a console of any kind. Now my wife and I spend an hour or more a night playing Wii Sports and Rayman. We're finding Wii's control scheme addictive. And the possibilities three dimensional control opens up, as in Elebits, suggest whole new styles of gaming.

Best. Purchase. Ever.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:59 AM   #34
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I'm saving up for the Wii, probably get one in January.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 11-29-2006, 11:27 AM   #35
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Can't wait to get more games...when I have money again...IF I get spare money again, lol!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:29 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva View Post
I'm saving up for the Wii, probably get one in January.
I envy you. There is nothing quite like the first moment of interacting with it. You are in for a treat!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:48 AM   #37
Bad command or file name

^ Agreed. Those first moments are pure gold. My sister and I got our systems at 12:05am after 14 hours in line. We were exhausted and crabby but that didn't stop us from staying up until 4am having a blast with Wii Sports and Excite Truck. As a long time gamer, the new controls have breathed all new life into my passion for video games. I got both a Wii and a Xbox 360 within the past two weeks and even though the graphics on the 360 much better, the Wii is just a ton more fun. Here is to innovation instead of upgrades.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:30 PM   #38

bysmitty,

Could not agree more. Allow me to join you in raising a glass to innovation over upgrades!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:20 PM   #39
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

*tips his glass as well, never one to pass up a good drink*
Old 11-29-2006, 01:29 PM   #40
hello

I hate to rain on the Nintendo is so innovative parade. But what is so innovative about having a low definition peice of last gen hardware, with the same old storage devices, and graphics worse than your competitors previous gen consoles? (yes the graphics in most games dont rival the orignal xbox) including a gimmicky controller which may be fun until the novelty wears off does not spell out incredible innovation when the rest of the hardware is so pathetic.

What is going to happen in the future when the 360 and ps3 are getting games which an incredible amount of depth, next gen physics incredible graphics, and wii is stuck with last gen games and an overhyped way of interfacing with them?
Add to that the fact that if the wii-mote is successfull, microsft and sony could easily release a smilar type of device for their consoles.. then you high def next gen content, HD graphics, advance physics etc etc and a stupid gimmicky controller, and the wii is just left with crap games and a gimmicky controller. The only benefit to the wii is the price... and you can certainly see why its so cheap when you look at the games.

Last edited by Litrick; 11-29-2006 at 01:37 PM.