Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Desperate Housewives?? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/17246-desperate-housewives.html)

Mikeynuts 10-03-2006 05:00 PM

Desperate Housewives??

Is anyone here a fan of Desperate Housewives? If so, are you planning on getting the new computer game coming out this Thursday (in the states)?

My hopes aren’t too high, but I think I am still going to buy it. I enjoy the show, and after learning that it was written by one of the show’s writers and that some of the actors will be lending their voices, it seemed like it may be a worthwhile purchase.

However, I am confused about what kind of game it is. It looks like something similar to The Sims, but after reading that it has a developing storyline and some puzzles/activities…it seems to be sounding more like an adventure game? This is a description from Amazon.com:

Quote:

You're a new housewife on Wisteria Lane, and as you explore your new neighborhood you'll discover all-new stories and secrets. The storyline is divided into episodes, each with new points and secrets waiting to be uncovered. Get the truth behind some delicious scandals -- and reveal some shocking secrets of your own. Mini-activities include cooking, gardening, and Texas Hold'em poker with the other wives Features original script from Desperate Housewives writer Scott Sanford Tobis Brenda Strong reprises her role as narrator Mary Alice Young
Anyways, just wondering if anyone has any insight as to what this game can be classified as, and if anyone else is planning on buying it.

Mike ;)

Evolution825 10-03-2006 05:11 PM

Woah, sounds fun. I am actually a fan so I'll look into what kinda game it is... :)
EDIT: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure...e%20Housewives
seems it's genre is "Virtual Life"

Mikeynuts 10-03-2006 07:06 PM

Hmm...

But do "Virtual Life" games generally have progressive storylines? I have never played The Sims (which Gamespot classifies in the same category), so I have no idea what they are like.

It seems that Desperate Housewives might be a cross between a virtual life game and an adventure game...? Which will be interesting...

Legolas813 10-03-2006 07:10 PM

The game is $14.99 at Best Buy this week.

GoT 10-03-2006 08:35 PM

sounds weird... i'm sure lotsa fans of the show will enjoy it.

Evolution825 10-03-2006 09:58 PM

Sims has a much a story as you allow it, IE: You can sit on your couch all day watching tv, or you can start dating, getting a job, etc. etc.

Dasilva 10-04-2006 06:01 AM

The sims style gameplay with a killer story like DHW? I'm in, Im a big fan of the show. :)

stepurhan 10-04-2006 01:10 PM

It will be interesting to see what they do with it. A lot of the fun of the show comes from the interaction of the various personalities. If it's a sims style game will that come off? Will the player have an enforced personality (playing an AG character) or will they use their own personality (making interaction harder)?

Mikeynuts 10-04-2006 04:09 PM

From what I've read, it seems like the player uses his/her own personality - part of the game is decorating your house and dressing your character however you want to. So, I guess the character is who you want them to be. Along with that, however, you are playing as someone who apparently has some dark secret past that unfolds over the course of eight "episodes"? So I guess the character's history/story is enforced?

Seems...different. But, for $14.99 at Best Buy, how can you go wrong? And I even have $5 off at Best Buy! Wheeee. I am totally going to, in the words of Fergie, check it ooout. ;)

Spiwak 10-04-2006 08:14 PM

Down with Desperate Housewives.

Mikeynuts 10-05-2006 08:23 AM

Glad to see that you are down with Desperate Housewives, Spiwak! :P

Hammerite 10-05-2006 09:29 AM

p'shaw.
lost is better.

Dasilva 10-05-2006 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 349544)
p'shaw.
lost is better.

Yes how we love 3 seasons worth of questions pilled ontop of each other. Whats with the freakin polar bear already?!

Viva Desperate Housewives!

stepurhan 10-05-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva (Post 349567)
Yes how we love 3 seasons worth of questions pilled ontop of each other. Whats with the freakin polar bear already?!

Viva Desperate Housewives!

Lost I have a love/hate relationship with. (like Dasilva said, what was with the polar bear)

Deperate Housewives at least has the decency to wrap up a major mystery at the end of each series.

Legolas813 11-09-2006 10:06 AM

If anybody actually wants this game, it will be on sale for $4.99 at Best Buy on Black Friday.

http://bfads.net/

RLacey 11-09-2006 01:13 PM

What is "Black Friday"? Is that like Payday or something? :confused:

jannar85 11-09-2006 02:12 PM

PayPal?

RLacey 11-09-2006 02:21 PM

Aah... the day after Thanksgiving...

RLacey 11-09-2006 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannar85 (Post 363397)
PayPal?

No, I meant payday as in the day on which people get paid. Traditionally the last Friday of the month.

Legolas813 11-16-2006 03:27 PM

Black Friday is a HUGE thing here in the U.S. On the day after Thanksgiving, many stores open at 5 a.m. or earlier with hundreds of products at extremely low prices. In most cities you usually see lines starting to form as early as midnight at the stores with the best deals.