You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Miscellaneous trailers for upcoming titles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 09:46 PM   #1
merely human

Default Miscellaneous trailers for upcoming titles

The Darkness

The Darkness
publisher: Starbreeze AB
genre: Action, Horror
platform: Xbox360, PS3
launch date: Q1 2007
preview

Fable 2

Fable 2 (high def version)
Fable 2 fighting engine demo (presented by Peter Molyneux)
developer: Lionhead Studios
genre: Action RPG
platform: Xbox360
launch date: 2007
preview

Army of Two

Army of Two
developer: Electronic Arts Montreal
genre: Action (co-op)
platform: Xbox360
preview

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
developer: Io Interactive
genre: Action (co-op)
platform: Xbox360, PC
preview

Alone In The Dark

Alone In The Dark
developer: Eden Studios
genre: Survival/Horror/Action, Episodic
platform: Xbox360, PS3, PC
preview

Post trailers here of upcoming games that you've seen, regardless of platform.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 09-28-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #2
merely human

Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain (demonstration; the lipsyncing is wonky at best and there are other flaws which should eventually be ironed out, but for the most part it looks truly promising; this is a demo of real-time character emotions)
developer: Quantic Dream
genre: Adventure
platform: PC, Xbox360, PS3
launch date: TBA
interview with Guillaume de Fondaumière
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-29-2006, 02:48 PM   #3
Creepy Father Figure

Well, looks like it's time to build myself a new PC Trep. I have rebuilt this one 3 times and it won't handle that much rendering!
Old 09-29-2006, 02:54 PM   #4
merely human

Just do wot I did and get yourself a next gen console and a nifty wifty HDTV.

Any of those games tickle yer fancy?
Old 09-29-2006, 03:14 PM   #5
Creepy Father Figure

Ohhh man i would love Fable 2 but I try to shy away from consoles. Hmmmmm, maybe the kids DVD player is on the fritz and it just so happens that they need something to play dvds (throws player out the window)

Im a sucker for fantasy RPG
Old 09-29-2006, 03:29 PM   #6
Has a jaw of sweet teeth

The Cane and Lynch game seems pretty tempting, I have never been a sucker for FPS.
But if it get good criticism, i may probaly consider buying it, If it ever will run on my pc...
Old 09-30-2006, 02:12 AM   #7
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

The Darkness has looked and sounded really damn good since I first heard about it, too bad that it's not coming to PC at least at the moment, so I don't have to get it.

AitD on the other hand sucks. There no soul in that.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:49 PM   #8
Psychonaut

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...e=mov&id=13887

Gameplay movie for Double Agent: Splinter Cell
Old 10-09-2006, 07:56 AM   #9
bitwise xor

Somebody in another forum I visit linked this and I thought the art style was terrific. Limbo

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  6.0 KB Name:  06.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  6.6 KB

Old 10-09-2006, 08:13 AM   #10
merely human

I've seen that recently as well. It's very pretty, with a kind visual uniqueness we so badly need in games these days.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #11
Psychonaut

LA Noire

Rockstar Games is pleased to announce a partnership with Team Bondi Pty Ltd to publish the ground-breaking next generation crime thriller L.A. Noire. Developed by Team Bondi, a new Australian based studio founded by Brendan McNamara, of The Getaway, L.A Noire is an interactive detective story set in the classic noir period of the late 1940's.

L.A. Noire blends action, detection and complex storytelling and draws players into an open-ended challenge to solve a series of gruesome murders. Set in a perfectly recreated Los Angeles before freeways, with a post-war backdrop of corruption, drugs and jazz, L.A. Noire will truly blend cinema and gaming.

Trailer

Not sure about gameplay (it's tagged as Adventure in most sites), but it looks cool.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #12
Slim Shady

Most probably it will be an another Gta clone.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
LA Noire

Rockstar Games is pleased to announce a partnership with Team Bondi Pty Ltd to publish the ground-breaking next generation crime thriller L.A. Noire. Developed by Team Bondi, a new Australian based studio founded by Brendan McNamara, of The Getaway, L.A Noire is an interactive detective story set in the classic noir period of the late 1940's.

L.A. Noire blends action, detection and complex storytelling and draws players into an open-ended challenge to solve a series of gruesome murders. Set in a perfectly recreated Los Angeles before freeways, with a post-war backdrop of corruption, drugs and jazz, L.A. Noire will truly blend cinema and gaming.

Trailer

Not sure about gameplay (it's tagged as Adventure in most sites), but it looks cool.
Your trailer link only gave me a commercial for Gangs of London and it wouldn't go into the LA Noire trailer (might be my computer?). Bah, and I can't get the trailer at the site to load properly. It loads a bit and then stops*. What little I saw of it looks cool. I hope it's an adventure. The music was neat. I love that era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
Most probably it will be an another Gta clone.
Why do you say that? GTA is set in modern times whereas LA Noire is 1940's. I guess until you see some gameplay (which is where the comparison might come in), it's hard to say.

* ...sorry I'm sounding pissy - had a long day.

Last edited by Melanie68; 10-09-2006 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #14
Citizen of Bizarro World

Halo Wars
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 10-09-2006, 04:31 PM   #15
Slim Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
Why do you say that? GTA is set in modern times whereas LA Noire is 1940's. I guess until you see some gameplay (which is where the comparison might come in), it's hard to say.

* ...sorry I'm sounding pissy - had a long day.
Saying that the game is gonna be a Gta clone doesn't mean it's gonna be bad.I like Gta type games more than adventure games anyway.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #16
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melsie View Post
Your trailer link only gave me a commercial for Gangs of London and it wouldn't go into the LA Noire trailer (might be my computer?). Bah, and I can't get the trailer at the site to load properly. It loads a bit and then stops*. What little I saw of it looks cool. I hope it's an adventure. The music was neat. I love that era.
It's luscious, Melsie. The direction makes it look classically noir, but it was all [non-playable] cutscene, practically no indication of gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melsie
Saying that the game is gonna be a Gta clone doesn't mean it's gonna be bad.I like Gta type games more than adventure games anyway.
It could feature aspects of GTA, like optional side missions that may help you out in the main challenges in the overarching story. That's always very welcome by me. I hope it's that way, t'would make for a rich, complex gameworld.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:24 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
It's luscious, Melsie. The direction makes it look classically noir, but it was all [non-playable] cutscene, practically no indication of gameplay.
Arg. Now I really want to see it. I was trying to watch it in my Opera browser, which at times can be really shitty about playing videos for me. I'll try it in another one.

Quote:
It could feature aspects of GTA, like optional side missions that may help you out in the main challenges in the overarching story. That's always very welcome by me. I hope it's that way, t'would make for a rich, complex gameworld.
I'm such a bad girl. I asked the question having never played GTA. I wasn't sure if the comparison was relating to setting or gameplay. Sounds like gameplay.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:13 AM   #18
Grah! Grah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitwise xor View Post
Somebody in another forum I visit linked this and I thought the art style was terrific. Limbo
Looks like a collision between Another World and The Mysterious Geographic Explorations of Jasper Morello - wonderful. I hope to see some actual information about it soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
LA Noire

Trailer

Visually reminds me of Mafia, only higher-powered. Doesn't give off too much of a Noir atmosphere to me from the trailer but my interest is definitely piqued. The phrase Team Bondi at the start is a bit of a mood killer... hope the "blend of cinema and gaming" is just marketing bullshit and that it's not a GTA clone; we've got enough of them already and simply "GTA in the 40s" doesn't really interest me.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:57 PM   #19
merely human

Title - Rain (released as Vampire's Rain in Japan)
Genre - tactical third person action
Developer/publisher - Artoon/AQ Interactive
Platform - Xbox360
Launch date - Q3 2007
Site - http://www.aqi.co.jp/product/vampirerain/ (in Japanese)

Gametrailers preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespy
Vampire's Rain takes place in a city in suburban Los Angeles, where vampires have been determined to reside. Players take control of a special operative called John Lloyd and, having entered the city, must wipe out the vampires.

Artoon's Naoto Oshima, one of the creative forces in the creation of the Sonic the Hedgehog series, is working directly on this title and promises a game that makes vampires scary once again. The game creates its atmosphere with gothic visual design and next-generation technology (including heavily featured weather and water effects for displaying a rain-soaked hell on Earth), while a new gameplay system introduces hidden horror as players must figure out who is a vampire in the crowded city. Artoon is also working network features into this title, including competitive multiplayer.
Looks like a Splinter Cell style sneak-em-up but instead of terrorists you're after bloodsuckers. Takes place primarily on dark stormy wet nights. The guys working on this are the same team that's making Blue Dragon. Seems derivative but let's hope they can at least restyle the gameplay and make it their own. Graphics look rather old, though.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:39 AM   #20

Default Beautiful animation

Look at the facial animation and the lighting. This is superb. Wonder what specs you need.