You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Miscellaneous trailers for upcoming titles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 03:55 AM   #21
In an evening of July...

This is ridiculous. Not just "Splinter Cell" - lookalike like Trep noted, but a shameless clone. Pay attetion to the acid-green colored HUD, the sneak animations, the three-day beard on the hero, who has a device mounted on his head looking suspiciously like Sam's nightvision-infrared goggles - oh wait, they are nightvision-infrared goggles!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:36 AM   #22
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

C&C 3 trailer 5

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...17188&type=mov

Oh yes, bring it on.

Kane lives!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:33 AM   #23
merely human

Title - The Darkness
Platform - Xbox360, PS3
Developer - Starbreeze AB (they also made Chronicles of Riddick)
Launch date - Q3 '07 (European release unannounced)

Latest screenies.

View the latest gameplay footage (shaky cam, age verification required). Be warned, it's very graphic in its violence.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #24
The Reggienator

I hope this gets a PC release also someday.

And that reminds me, I need to hunt down Butcher Bay from ebay.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #25
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post

Title - The Darkness
Platform - Xbox360, PS3
Developer - Starbreeze AB (they also made Chronicles of Riddick)
Launch date - Q3 '07 (European release unannounced)

Latest screenies.

View the latest gameplay footage (shaky cam, age verification required). Be warned, it's very graphic in its violence.
That looks pretty cool but aren't you very over powered with these tentacles? Or is there some twist to using them?

Firefox rules
Old 03-17-2007, 12:50 AM   #26
merely human

More screens here.

Title - Eternal Sonata
Genre - Japanese style RPG
Developer/Publisher - tri-Crescendo / Namco Bandai
Platform - Xbox360
Launch date - TBA

Combat gameplay footage (before you acquire party members; embedded at Gaygamer.net)

For the unfamiliar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespy
On October 17, 1949, Frederic Chopin, one of the most influential composers for the piano, succumbed to sickness and died at the young age of 39. Three hours prior to that, in the world according to this RPG, Chopin saw a dream of a fairy-tale land populated by people with incurable diseases but also magical powers.

Eternal Sonata takes place in this dream world. Chopin comes into contact with Polka, a young girl who resides with her mother in the village of Tenuto. Polka is near her death, and Chopin, Polka, and her young friend Allegretto as they look for some way to make use of Polka's great powers to help save her. It's a whimsical fantasy, but this RPG designed by developer tri-Crescendo also a complex and combo-based battle system of swords and magic weaponry. In keeping with inspiration, music and story play a big part in Eternal Sonata. Performing the piano numbers that Chopin left to the world is Russian pianist Stanislav Bunin, with musical composition by noted game composer Motoi Sakuraba.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-17-2007, 12:54 AM   #27
merely human

Wow, this in-game real time capture floors me!! Oh, and the second video down at Gaygamer
is very definitely worth watching - all cutscenes in-engine, really beautiful.

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 03-17-2007 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:01 AM   #28
A Servicable Villain

Is this the same as 'Trusty Bell', of which I saw a trailer on Gametrailers? It was a Japanese trailer so I didn't catch the premise, but it appeared the same: a Victorian world giving way to a magical fantasy garden.

A huge pity it was to see that it used the same old, conservative devices of the Japanese RPG, most notably random fights in a closed-off subworld. What a stale genre that has become! No amount of spit 'n polish can disguise outdated gameplay, lamentably.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:39 PM   #29

I love this series:
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Trailer

Dancing gun!
Old 03-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #30
The Reggienator

Sam & Max: Reality 2.0

Oh yes...

http://telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-185
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/1032...ode+5+Trailer+

Old 03-22-2007, 02:49 AM   #31
Super Moderator

The JRPG discussion and what spurred from it has been moved to this thread.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:13 AM   #32
merely human

Thanks, Dale.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:36 AM   #33
Vigilant

Thanks, sorry about that again.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:04 AM   #34
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco View Post
I love this series:
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Trailer

Dancing gun!
OMG OMG OMG

Firefox rules
Old 04-24-2007, 11:47 AM   #35
merely human

Title - Clive Barker's Jericho
Genre - FPS, squad based, Horror action
Developer/Publisher - Codemasters
Platform - Xbox360, PC, PS3
Launch date - TBA

Eternity trailer (cutscene)

Gamespy preview

Title - John Woo's Stranglehold
Genre - third person shooter, action
Developer/Publisher - Tiger Hill / Midway
Platform - Xbox360, PC, PS3
Launch date - May 1, '07

Cinematic gun battles trailer

Erm, Max Payne in a Hong Kong skin with more stunts and stuff?

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 04-24-2007 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:21 PM   #36
merely human

Title - Alan Wake
Genre - third person 'psychological action thriller'
Developer/Publisher - Remedy / Microsoft
Platform - Xbox360, PC
Launch date - December 31, '07 (pending)

Demo movie showing the spectacular dynamic weather, day/night cycle, volumetric lighting, shadows, and physics, as presented by Remedy.

Not sure if people have seen it here already but I post again.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #37
The Reggienator

Alan Wake, WID.

The biggest game of the whole upcoming games catalogue for all platforms in my list.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:34 AM   #38
merely human

Title - Dark Sector
Genre - third person action
Developer/Publisher - Digital Extremes / D3 Publisher
Platform - Xbox360, PS3, PC
Launch date - 4 September '07

Gameplay trailer narrated, normal
Gameplay trailer narrated, high def
Trailer selections page

Dark Sector Interview, Firing Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kudirka, Associate Producer
There are a couple of things that really set Dark Sector apart from other third person action games. The first is the evolution aspect of Hayden. In games like Gears of War and Ghost Recon, the characters are essentially the same in the beginning as they are in the end; soldiers who pick up weapons of increasing size and power. Hayden’s evolution systematically opens gameplay elements for the player by introducing new powers and abilities that are rigorously tested by both the enemy AI and surrounding environments. But we also have lots of guns.

The second major component that distinguishes Dark Sector from the standard third person action game is the puzzle element. Being Zelda fans, we liked how combat sequences were used to break from puzzle gameplay. For Dark Sector, we are turning that idea on its head and using puzzles to pace the game and break up combat. However, the transition between these two modes of gameplay is more seamless than it sounds; meaning that combat scenarios will incorporate puzzle elements (and vice versa), without the distinction between the two being so cut and dry.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #39
merely human

So has anyone viewed this Dark Sector gameplay trailer?

If they do a very good job in the gameplay department incorporating puzzlework and surprising us at every other turn this could turn out a game worth buying.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:04 AM   #40
Psychonaut

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...e=mov&id=19007

Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare

Call of Duty ditches the battlefield of WWII europe for a more modern affair.
Will this chance of pace work? You decide?