You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 06:04 AM   #1
Slim Shady

Default Ghost Master

Anybody else liked this game? It was quite original and fun.Especially figuring out how to save the trapped ghosts was enjoyable.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 09-25-2006 at 06:12 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:45 AM   #2
merely human

I've only played the demo. Wow, that was a while back. I had fun with the demo, and I liked how situations were like puzzles where you used people as pawns.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-25-2006, 08:51 AM   #3
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I liked what I played of it a lot, but I found that it got boring quite quickly. I seem to remember some issues where you'd place the right ghost somewhere, tell it to do something and then you'd have to wait around for it to bother doing it, which was annoying when all you wanted to do was experiment.

Mind you, I could be remembering incorrectly.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:25 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to I Love Cookiemonster

I still have the game sitting here on my shelf still in it's plastic wrapper. i really should play it someday.
I'm the root of all that's evil yeah but you can call me Cookie
Old 09-25-2006, 11:57 AM   #5
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I can't get past the hospital..

But the game is very enjoyable, and the ghosts are funny. I especially liked the level with the witches, even though I lost a ghost..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 09-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #6

Somebody on here mentioned it the other day, and I thought it sounded interesting. Then I found a sealed copy for $3 at a used book store and bought it. I'll be trying it out sometime soon.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:04 AM   #7

I love this game. It's a shame this was one of those cases were the reviews were great but the game didn't sell much at all.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:00 AM   #8

I can recommend it. Lots of fun, quite puzzling in places, and the challenges can usually be worked out logically. Several of the challenges can be done in various ways, and the hidden goodies are rewarding to find. Well worth the price, especially now that it's a bargain title.

It's very addictive while you're playing it, but it can be hard to pick up again, because it does become rather samey. I've seen the last level but never completed it, mainly because nothing I tried seemed to make any progress. I ended up getting more bored than frustrated, and just never bothered to go back.

One nitpick I have with Ghost Master is that I never ended up using a lot of the ghosts. Releasing new ghosts gives you a bigger selection to choose from, but not in any real strategic sense. My favourite is good old Clatterclaws the spider, which I used in just about every level.