You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Quick XBox Live Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 07:28 AM   #1
Life and times of...

Default Quick XBox Live Question

Right, I was just wondering as I might have a short-term answer to my Live connectivity problems, what good is the Silver version of Live? I mean on the free stuff, not the arcade games. I do get the updates, right? Including the emulator updates? (You know, being able to play old XBox games, if that for some reason was an unsatisfactory term).

(Edit: Did I post this in the wrong place? To be honest, I wasn't even perfectly aware where I postedit when I did it. Oh well, I'm sure if it's most important, it will be moved, or not .) Thank you

Last edited by UPtimist; 08-23-2006 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Yes, you get all the updates and patches for free, the only thing you cant do is play online with other people.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
merely human

Messages and voice chat are free, too, so you can abuse and terrorize Dasilvsie all you want. I do it when I can, but it seems to turn him on, he makes strange sounds.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-24-2006, 08:47 AM   #4
Life and times of...

OK, great. Thanks for confirming! No place said that clearly. They were just talking about game demos and arcade games and all...

And Trepak, that's just what I had in mind. Pretty much the reason to get 360, isn't it?
Old 08-26-2006, 01:05 AM   #5
Life and times of...

It worked, naturally, but I can't use the computer at the same time... So it's not a very lasting solution in the long run. But in annoys the heck out of me that forgot to do it on thursday, so I could've downloaded the Texas Hold'em... One of the two reasons I wanted to connect to Live (the other one being the updates including the emulator updates)

Which reminds me, I think an update to Oblivion fixed my demo sound problems! They don't keep cutting anymore

But it gave me a month-long Gold subscription OK, there's nothing wrong with that, but I didn't want it now! I won't be using Live that much and I don't even have any games to play online, except like Halo 2. OK, I could get the Co-op pack for Kameo, but I'm not really interested right now...
Old 08-26-2006, 12:01 PM   #6
Banned User

You need a router.

Oh, and 13 month gold accounts can be found pretty cheap these days.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:26 PM   #7
Life and times of...

I know I neeed a router, but I would also need wireless stuff and I don't have the money. The modem is upstairs and the 'Box downstairs...

And about the Gold, I noticed that, yeah. But, alas, I don't exactly have much to play in Live, so I don't need it, at least yet... But, you're right that when and if I should ever want it, it won't be such a burden for the purse one might expect...
Old 08-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #8
Banned User

Why do you need wireless? Just run some wire.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:15 PM   #9
Life and times of...

Aye, but too much a hassle for something I will rarely need. This is a Kittens or the Treasure situation.

Sort of.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:20 PM   #10
Banned User

Lame!
Old 08-26-2006, 01:23 PM   #11
Life and times of...

Indeed.

No wait: Aye, but we must think, what would John Silver's parrot do?

Another squid, another pirate.