You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2004, 08:46 AM   #1
*-* §-Dark Skillz-§ *-*

Send a message via MSN to Adventurer
Default Fatal Frame

This is my kind of dish !

FaTaL FrAmE
Old 01-12-2004, 09:09 AM   #2
Statement: Not a meatbag.

Send a message via AIM to Royal Fool Send a message via MSN to Royal Fool

Yes, I'm looking forward to playing that one...

Tried the PS2 version of the first one at my friend's birthday party. Pretty scary, I've yet to get the game for myself though. Looking for the Xbox version. (Called Project Zero in Europe)

Ubisoft recently picked up the publishing rights for this sequel in Europe, but only a PS2 version was ever announced. I wonder if that's yet another one of those "PS2 exclusivity" deals like they did with Beyond Good & Evil and Prince of Persia...
Old 01-12-2004, 10:02 AM   #3
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

Fatal Frame was scaaaaary. :eek: I always got extremely panicjy every time a ghost appeared, and it was almost worse when they didn't, since I would always dread the moment when they DID... If you know what I mean...

GREAT game if you can stumach it. Great use of lightning and camera angles, and upgrading your camera is fun!
Old 01-12-2004, 10:04 AM   #4
*-* §-Dark Skillz-§ *-*

Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly

Should be the title for Europe and Australia.
And i'm also waiting for the release of that game

there's another one as well,called: The Suffering.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/914620.asp

"Midway captures the disturbing and terrifying nature of the horror genre with The Suffering, a compelling third-person action/adventure game set in the mature and gritty world of a maximum-security prison. Unleashing the horror throughout nine levels, The Suffering features dynamic lighting that illuminates frightening visions of horror-filled exploration and frantic combat sequences. In the dark world of The Suffering, creatures attack from the shadows and emerge from jail cells, chambers, the ground and trees, surprising you in the most disturbing ways possible. As Torque, you encounter a cast of uniquely hardened criminals, prison guards and grotesque apparitions."

Old 01-12-2004, 10:09 AM   #5
*-* §-Dark Skillz-§ *-*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyos
Fatal Frame was scaaaaary. :eek: I always got extremely panicly every time a ghost appeared, and it was almost worse when they didn't, since I would always dread the moment when they DID... If you know what I mean...

GREAT game if you can stumach it. Great use of lightning and camera angles, and upgrading your camera is fun!

That's quite a good xplanation
but it looks good, never played the first part tho. i might look for it bcos it sounds promising by the comments in your quote.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:47 PM   #6
I'm really Cookin'

Those are great horror titles indeed. I actually like the second one even more than the first.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:33 PM   #7
*-* §-Dark Skillz-§ *-*

Resident Evil was not bad either

Resident Evil Outbreak
The music and atmosphere (sounds) is thrilling as in the Silent hill series....
If someone knows any other adventures that are scary and full of tension just give a shout please
Old 01-12-2004, 04:54 PM   #8
Statement: Not a meatbag.

Send a message via AIM to Royal Fool Send a message via MSN to Royal Fool

Forbidden Siren (Warning: Scary website) looks set to be good. I don't think Sony are releasing it in the U.S. but I do know it's out in Europe sometime in March.

If you don't know what it is, I'm not surprised. This game has had rather little coverage from the press so far, even though it's been out in Japan for some time. The game takes place in a Hanuyda, a small japanese village where most of the population has disappeared as the result of an earthquake. However, they later emerge back from the sea which has turned into blood. All the while a strange siren can be heard... you play the role of a few survivors. I can't be bothered to go into details, but you can find an import review here. I should perhaps mention though that the director of the original Silent Hill also directed this game.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:19 PM   #9
*-* §-Dark Skillz-§ *-*

It looks brilliant !
Thx for the recommendation !

I'm going to give you a
The guitar riff on the website from forbidden siren sounds nice and looks as good as the moviefile on the ntsc.co.uk website

G.

Last edited by Adventurer; 01-12-2004 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:18 PM   #10

I LOVE a good scary game, Fatal Frame was great and FF2 Crimson Butterfly is even better, Im at the end of it right now, creepier than any of the Silent Hill games hands down in my book, ( and I thought those were pretty creepy ) Im also a BIG Resident Evil fan, but not so much for the fear factor, but because I just get off on killing those Zombies , cant wait for the next one. But Crimson Butterfly IMO is THE scariest game Ive ever played, its given me more than a few jolts.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:53 PM   #11
*-* §-Dark Skillz-§ *-*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen
I LOVE a good scary game, Fatal Frame was great and FF2 Crimson Butterfly is even better, Im at the end of it right now, creepier than any of the Silent Hill games hands down in my book, ( and I thought those were pretty creepy ) Im also a BIG Resident Evil fan, but not so much for the fear factor, but because I just get off on killing those Zombies , cant wait for the next one. But Crimson Butterfly IMO is THE scariest game Ive ever played, its given me more than a few jolts.

Let's hope they will release it soon
Curiousity killed the cat, as they say. But this time the cat will kill the curiousity or in other words --> Ghost and zombies muhahaha
Old 01-15-2004, 02:38 PM   #12

Send a message via ICQ to Lazy Z

I too think that Fatal Frame is the scariest survival horror, even though it doesn't have Silent Hill's psychological undertones. The controls got a bit messy sometimes when aiming with the camera, but nothing too serious. Are the controls any better in Crimson Butterfly? I'm really looking forward to it anyway though!

Forbidden Siren also looks very interesting, though I'm not quite sure what to make of it.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:43 PM   #13
I'm really Cookin'

I've been finding it easier controlling the camera in FF2, yes. I don't know whether they improved the controls or I'm just more used to them now, though. But either way, it's a fun game and truly creepy. It's also cool having to watch out for the twin sister, too; it adds another layer of fear to the game play...
Old 01-15-2004, 04:28 PM   #14
I'm really Cookin'

Hey RF,

Thanks for the link to Forbidden Siren. Under languages you can pick "UK" so it must be getting released there as well, huh?

Darn that PAL! Grrrrr!

PS/Eerie website...
Old 01-15-2004, 05:32 PM   #15
*-* §-Dark Skillz-§ *-*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Minnie
I've been finding it easier controlling the camera in FF2, yes. I don't know whether they improved the controls or I'm just more used to them now, though. But either way, it's a fun game and truly creepy. It's also cool having to watch out for the twin sister, too; it adds another layer of fear to the game play...

having to watch out for the twin sister?
what about it? dang i can't wait to play that game
Old 01-16-2004, 06:09 AM   #16

Seems the contol for the camera IS easier than in FF1,( or maybe I just got much better at it)
Old 01-21-2004, 05:39 PM   #17

Default Can some1 plz help me!!

Manz..i realy wanna know the story..Buh itz too hard to finish da game! im only up to the candle bit in tha 2nd night (demon tag) can some1 tell meh da ending and what tha hell happend to mikuz bro...thanx