You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Aaargh...dead pixel on my DS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2006, 07:03 PM   #1

Default Aaargh...dead pixel on my DS

I just noticed it now when playing Animal Crossing. I'm not sure if there was a guarantee when I bought it in December 2005. Can I call Nintendo or something?!

Last edited by Reflection; 08-12-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
Protector of the Seal

From what I hear, Nintendo has great customer service and should replace your DS even for a single dead pixel. So yeah, call them.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
I've come for the fork!

I like the dead/stuck pixel on my DS. It's bright green. It's got character. I just didn't care enough about it to want to go through the hassle of exchanging it really, but yeah - they will most likely exchange yours for you.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdriller
I like the dead/stuck pixel on my DS. It's bright green. It's got character. I just didn't care enough about it to want to go through the hassle of exchanging it really, but yeah - they will most likely exchange yours for you.

Hey, the dead pixel on my PC monitor is green too! Maybe they're related.

My monitor has a guarantee that states if there's more than five dead pixels, they will exchange it. I guess one dead pixel out of 1310720 pixels is not reason enough to warrant a replacement for a new PC monitor.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 08-13-2006, 03:06 PM   #5
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I have a dead green pixel on my laptop monitor. Mine is, rather helpfully, just off-centre. As a result I get all the disadvantages of a green dot appearing on anything, and none of the advantages that a dead-centre dead pixel would give me when playing Counter-Strike and using a sniper rifle .

To echo previous posts in this thread (and in other threads), get your DS replaced if you have a dead pixel. Nintendo should do this without a fuss.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.