You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Your First Encounter With Social Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2006, 07:05 PM   #21
GoT

Send a message via MSN to GoT

first multi player stuff for me involved either split screen technology like with Settlers OR multi player at the same time like with Bomberman/Gauntlet.

When i really started to realize how sweet games could be it was because i'd been at a store in my local town where they did windows classes and word for windows and stuff. It just so happened they had a network set up, one of the first i'd ever seen. They also had Warcraft II on the PC's. Me and my friends soon started frequenting this place to have games of Warcraft II, 2v2 and 1v1. We were instantly hooked and when networking became a bit easier for us we all had PC's and by this time Starcraft was out and we were fully fledged computer nerds. The days of fun at home on the AMIGA or console were over and replaced by SERIOUS and hard core gaming involving skills, strats and teamwork. Thats where my addiction probably officially started even though i played games since i was a kid with the C64.

later.
GoT
Old 08-16-2006, 05:43 AM   #22
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

For me, it was Tankx. Never got very far, though, what with a slow dial-up computer and all that.