Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Overrated *clap Clap Clapclapclap* (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/16243-overrated-%2Aclap-clap-clapclapclap%2A.html)

SamNMax 08-05-2006 06:15 PM

Overrated *clap Clap Clapclapclap*

This thread's been done to death, but I was just thinking about how much I hate Deus Ex: Invisible War. I don't get it. It was supposed to be the most non-linear and open-ended game of the century. That it was not. Don't get me wrong, you can do a lot of stuff, but even when you do said stuff, it always seemed like you were just doing it to get money for the main quest. And yes, there are multiple ways to complete missions, but it really doesn't have an effect on the outcome. Other than that, but it was incredibly short with little payoff.

So, most overrated game?

SakSquash 08-05-2006 06:17 PM

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Turn based? So last decade.

Kolzig 08-05-2006 10:02 PM

Any game that is overhyped during it's development process.

SoccerDude28 08-05-2006 10:08 PM

Halo.

SakSquash 08-05-2006 10:10 PM

:shifty:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Halo.

:shifty:

SD hearts Sony.

SoccerDude28 08-05-2006 10:16 PM

What does Sony have to do with anything? Even if Sony published it, and it still sold the same amount of copies, I would have thought it was overrated.

CrimsonBlue 08-05-2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Halo.

+ every other FPS in the history of gaming.

I just can't stomach them. I feel like a braindead zombie when playing them.

MoriartyL 08-05-2006 11:46 PM

Quote:

Halo.

Seconded. It was trying so hard to be like an action movie that it forgot to put in any interesting gameplay at all. Not a bad game per se, but a boring and repetitive one. It did not deserve that musical score. (I would often just stand in place and do nothing, because I preferred to listen to the music than to play the actual game.)

SakSquash 08-06-2006 12:04 AM

Quote:

What does Sony have to do with anything? Even if Sony published it, and it still sold the same amount of copies, I would have thought it was overrated.

Nah, you would have loved it.

simpson_yellow 08-06-2006 02:44 AM

The Longest Journey
91% on metacritic ... mmm hm :shifty:

MoriartyL 08-06-2006 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakSquash
Nah, you would have loved it.

I'm a Nintendo fan, and if Nintendo had published Halo I'd say they had lost their touch.

RLacey 08-06-2006 08:12 AM

I played the Halo PC version and was bored by the end of the first level :crazy:.

Anyway, Half-Life (the original) is the most overrated game of all time. Don't get me started on how painfully average I think it is.

Karmillo 08-06-2006 08:15 AM

Wasnt Half-Life big at the time cause it was the first FPS to have barrative or something?

I Love Cookiemonster 08-06-2006 08:54 AM

Halo. God what a boring game.]

And Half-life 2, I just was expecting a lot more. Maybe it's just a tast thing though.

bysmitty 08-06-2006 08:58 AM

Another one for Halo. I'm sure it was impressive for consoles at the time but there was nothing there that PC users haven't been doing for years.

...bysmitty

Phantom 08-06-2006 11:23 AM

Agreed, Halo is probably the most overrated game ever. I also think C&C: Red Alert (1) wasvery overrated, I never liked it the way I liked the original C&C. I never experienced it as the classic people say it is today.

SakSquash 08-06-2006 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoriartyL
I'm a Nintendo fan, and if Nintendo had published Halo I'd say they had lost their touch.

Why? Because it wasn't suitable for preschoolers?

In my mind, saying Halo and Half Life were overrated is close to blasphamy and brings me to the conclusion that you guys just aren't real gamers, rather casual gamers who play more online chess or checkers than real games.

Dasilva 08-06-2006 11:34 AM

Since when is a FPS the only real type of gamming? So if I only like Strategy or simulation or adventure or RPG type games it means Im not ''a real gamer''?

And Halo 1 was a pile of poo, it was overrated and Half Life 1 was not over rated for its time it was a break through, Halo 1 was meh, repetitive level design etc. But Halo 2 was very nice, as Im sure halo 3 will be.

RLacey 08-06-2006 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakSquash
In my mind, saying Halo and Half Life were overrated is close to blasphamy and brings me to the conclusion that you guys just aren't real gamers, rather casual gamers who play more online chess or checkers than real games.

That would be why I have dozens of FPS games sitting around at home, right?

SakSquash 08-06-2006 11:36 AM

Did I say liking FPSes was the only real type of gaming? Nope, I didn't. Don't put words in my mouth.

Halo gamerankings score: 95.8%.

Guess you're in the minority.