You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General 12 Reasons Why The PSP Is Better Than The DS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #81
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Are UMD movies still being made? I thought that nobody bought them.
Sony has a movie studio, so they would probably port their movies to the UMD format. Not sure about the other movie studios though. But everytime I go to an electronics shop, the UMD stand seems like it's getting smaller.

Firefox rules
Old 08-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #82
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
Ahuh. The DS is still selling like hotcakes many millions more than the PSP, so it goes to show the PSP DOES not have as good games as the DS, and yes I've seen your list and the DS still has more INOVATIVE and FUN games, the PSP is a downgraded PS2 doing nothing new, unlike the DS which focuses on GAMMING & INNOVATING and not being a jack of all traits.
Everything written there = completely shot down by original post.

Quote:
But meh, I've had a hard day at work earning money, (and its 2am) and dont really want to argue which system is TEH ROZZXORSZ!11 oen 1one1 with little children. So go play on your 360, PSP, DS and everyother system you mommy buys you.
Can't come up with anything so resorting to personal attack.

Last edited by SamNMax; 08-05-2006 at 10:53 PM.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #83
SamNMax

I have my own job, I make my own money, and I'm seriously willing to bet you couldn't do it.

Prove me wrong.

My dad used to be a carpenter when he got out of college, and he taught me the basics. With some training, I could pull it off full-time.

He then took over his father's Greenhouse/Garden Center/Landscaping business. If you think it's easy wroking for these kinds of businesses, you have absolutly no concept of "hard wrok." I'd love to see you get up at five every morning to pull backbreaking landscaping duty or unloading shipments or even watering and working the regester in a building with no air conditioner in what is normally 95+ degree weather.

That'd be a gas.

Last edited by SamNMax; 08-05-2006 at 11:28 PM.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:09 PM   #84
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
Quote:
You're an idiot
So the rumours are true?
Good cop-out.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:17 AM   #85
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
I have my own job, I make my own money, and I'm seriously willing to bet you couldn't do it.

Prove me wrong.

My dad used to be a carpenter when he got out of college, and he taught me the basics. With some training, I could pull it off full-time.

He then took over his father's Greenhouse/Garden Center/Landscaping business. If you think it's easy wroking for these kinds of businesses, you have absolutly no concept of "hard wrok." I'd love to see you get up at five every morning to pull backbreaking landscaping duty or unloading shipments or even watering and working the regester in a building with no air conditioner in what is normally 95+ degree weather.

That'd be a gas.
I did the same shit last summer. No joke, it's the hardest shit i've ever had to do for a buck.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:45 AM   #86
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
And there lies the difference between us. When I am not at home, I am hanging out with my friends, in a bar somewhere, playing soccer, or at work. I really don't play much portable games (or any games for that matter) outside my house. When I commute to my work, I use a car because public transportation in california bites, so even then I am driving. The only time I play portable games is when I'm on the couch, and with a wireless controller and a trip to the PS2 to turn it on, it is as convenient to play the PS2 as it is the PSP.

If you play your portables outside more often, and don't get to play your consoles too much, then probably bringing a PS2 on a portable makes sense.
Same, I don't play game when Im with my mates, I do most of it at home, or long train rides.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:13 AM   #87
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Wow this is the biggest trolling thread I have ever seen. Incredible. SamNMax, why not go to the park and play some games on your handheld device of choice. It's time better spent than arguing in this worthless thread.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:01 AM   #88
Under pressure.

I agree. This thread's got a nasty vibe from post one.

--Erwin
Old 08-06-2006, 07:16 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
SamNMax, why not go to the park and play some games on your handheld device of choice. It's time better spent than arguing in this worthless thread.
Why don't we all do it?
Old 08-06-2006, 07:23 AM   #90
Party On Dudes

how did i miss SAMnMAX shoot himself in the foot like this? what an onslaught!

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 08-06-2006, 10:13 AM   #91
Hitch-Hiker

I thought he was banned or something.

Last edited by Dasilva; 08-06-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #92
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
I agree. This thread's got a nasty vibe from post one.

--Erwin
I didn't really pick up any nasty vibes from the start. Maybe another question would be if the PSP has this selection of games and has nice graphics, why isn't it selling better?

It may not be as worthless a thread as some think.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:03 PM   #93
kamikaze hummingbirds

Yeah but then you see EA's Fifa games selling more than Beyond Good And Evil.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:47 PM   #94
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriD
Why don't we all do it?
If we're going to the park, we're not playing videogames, but some dang kickball!

Anyway, I think it's an interesting thread.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:56 PM   #95

Not that I read the whole thread (just the first post), but you're looking at it from the wrong perspective. First of all, UMD is DEAD! Second of all, this is like comparing an expensive PDA (which you can also use to call) with a cellphone. The PDA has lots of features that will drain your battery, has a really great colorscreen and won't fit into your pocket. Furthermore, if you don't keep it in a protective case, you're gonna scratch the screen. The cellphone on the other hand was made for one big purpous, calling people (although it has some other features aswell).

Now back to the PSP and DS: the PSP is an oversized PDA with (I agree) some great games. But it's huge and expensive. Most of the games are meant to be played for longer periods (with long load times), not what I would like when I get on the bus and want to play a quick game.
The DS on the other hand is a handheld, and a pretty good one too.

Last edited by Alfredo; 08-06-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:27 PM   #96

Quote:
* The DS sells better, so it must be the better console. False.
Let me get this straight, you're counting the fact that the DS sells better as a reason why the PSP is better?

Quote:
* The PSP is affordable
A PSP will run you $200.
A DS will run you $130.
And you're also counting the PSP being over 50% more expensive as a reason it's better! Wow.

Quote:
* The PSP is easy to use

Not saying that the DS isn't, but you would think that the PSP would be complicated to use. It's not.
Not to mention how you're also counting it allegedly not being any harder to use than the DS as another reason.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:10 AM   #97
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
It may not be as worthless a thread as some think.
You could certainly have an interesting discussion about the PSP and the DS and why they're successful in different areas, but this thread is not it.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:04 AM   #98
gin soaked boy

SamNMax, d00d, you really have too much time on your hands.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:17 AM   #99
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:

Prove me wrong.

That'd be a gas.
Actually for your infomation I've worked as a part time plumber and carpenter in my life time, and it is hard work, my father is a plumber and does some carpentry but is now a manager of a Bathroom instalations company. Dont think that I sit in an office raking in the money, I work 7 hour shifts with no break at one of the bussiest restourants in town, I dont even get a chance to sit down I'm always working. And you're what? 13, so you have no clue of what hard work is. Saving money for later education and living, is very hard. Not that you'd know what I'd be talking about.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #100
Super Moderator

DaSilva, he's almost 16. And the arguing on this site is pissing me off to no end. I wish everyone would just knock it off. You have a personal problem with him - PM him. Otherwise leave all this drama off the forums.