Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   12 Reasons Why The PSP Is Better Than The DS (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/16227-12-reasons-why-psp-better-than-ds.html)

SakSquash 08-05-2006 05:51 AM

^ Ouch. Score 1 for the kid.

PS. I find it odd that nobody counters his points...maybe he's right?

Naveed 08-05-2006 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamNMax
Obviously didn't read.

Good job quoting Oscar Wilde (that proves you're incredibly smart and not pretentious at all) about "Brute Force." Obviously I'm forcing you to agree without question.

No actually I read it completely, and that's the part of the problem. It had nothing to do with being smart, it has everything to do behind the whole philosphy of the post. You obviously spent lots of time coming up with it, and are extremely proud of your work. You want people to discuss it, argue with you, so that in the end people claim your superiority not by force but through reasoning. It is quite evident the number of your replies in this post, because in a sense for you it is a great piece of work that needs to be discussed and so on... blah blah. Anyway, I will not post anymore, because I always finds these debates and point of views quite pointless considering what is so true about arguing on the internet:

wilco 08-05-2006 05:56 AM

I think you forgot to mention the DS brightER future

8/15 Deep Labyrinth
8/15 Harvest Moon DS
8/21 Tenchu: Dark Secret
8/22 Madden NFL 07
8/28 Star Fox Command
8/29 MechAssault: Phantom War
9/11 Mario Hoops 3 on 3
9/12 LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
9/12 Mega Man ZX
9/18 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
9/19 Contact
9/19 Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
9/19 Inuyasha: Feudal Combat
9/19 Mage Knight: Destiny's Soldier
9/25 Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
10/03 Final Fantasy III
10/09 Clubhouse Games
10/30 Children of Mana
Oct. 16: Nintendogs (Dalmatian)
Oct. 23: Magical Starsign
Oct. 30: Pokemon Ranger
Oct. 30: Children of Mana
Nov. 6: Elite Beat Agents
Nov. 13: Yoshi's Island 2
Dec. 4: Custom Robo Arena
Dec. 4: Kirby Squeak Squad
Hotel Dusk
Touch Detective

2007 - PHOENIX WRIGHT 2

So at the end of the year DS will "own" in RPG department. And saying the DS loses in strategy is stretching a far bit.

You also forgot nintendogs and brain age in category games that revolutionize

Also you forgot to mention that the DS can play the entire GBA library, so it "owns" in strategy, RPG...
Also, it's not just the console that is cheaper, the games are even cheaper.

But if graphics is all you care, the PSP is way to go... soon you'll have
RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER...

SakSquash 08-05-2006 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naveed
No actually I read it completely, and that's the part of the problem. It had nothing to do with being smart, it has everything to do behind the whole philosphy of the post. You obviously spent lots of time coming up with it, and are extremely proud of your work. You want people to discuss it, argue with you, so that in the end people claim your superiority not by force but through reasoning. It is quite evident the number of your replies in this post, because in a sense for you it is a great piece of work that needs to be discussed and so on... blah blah. Anyway, I will not post anymore, because I always finds these debates and point of views quite pointless considering what is so true about arguing on the internet:

You shouldn't be so demeaning to retarded people.

SakSquash 08-05-2006 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilco

8/15 Deep Labyrinth
8/15 Harvest Moon DS
8/22 Madden NFL 07
8/28 Star Fox Command
9/11 Mario Hoops 3 on 3
9/12 Mega Man ZX
9/19 Contact
10/03 Final Fantasy III
10/09 Clubhouse Games
10/30 Children of Mana
Hotel Dusk
Touch Detective

You should put this post in the "Nintendo makes kiddy games" thread as proof.

SamNMax 08-05-2006 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naveed
You obviously spent lots of time coming up with it, and are extremely proud of your work.

It didn't take that long at all, actually. A little over a half-hour. Much less time was spent on this than one of my often sub-par reviews. And I see nothing at all wrong with being proud of a piece of my writing, which I think is a personal best.

Quote:

You want people to discuss it, argue with you...
Yes.

Quote:

...so that in the end people claim your superiority not by force but through reasoning.
No. I'm willing to listen to anyone that wants to tell me what they think and am prepaired to accept any valid points they present.

Quote:

It is quite evident the number of your replies in this post, because in a sense for you it is a great piece of work that needs to be discussed and so on... blah blah
No, actually almost all of my replies in this thread was about off-topic shit with Temp.

Quote:

Anyway, I will not post anymore, because I always finds these debates and point of views quite pointless considering what is so true about arguing on the internet:

[/quote]

Okay, have fun with thinking that pic is hilarious while I be retarded by participating in a fair and balanced debate.

SakSquash 08-05-2006 06:10 AM

I dunno Naveed, I think you're jumping on his shit for nothing. I thought it was a pretty damn good read, and actually made me rethink my stance on the whole DS and PSP thing. I mean, I still won't buy one, but if I did, the PSP is looking mighty fine, if not for games, then for one of the billion other things it does.

SamNMax 08-05-2006 06:13 AM

Quote:

8/15 Deep Labyrinth
8/15 Harvest Moon DS
8/22 Madden NFL 07
8/28 Star Fox Command
9/11 Mario Hoops 3 on 3
9/12 Mega Man ZX
9/19 Contact
10/03 Final Fantasy III
10/09 Clubhouse Games
10/30 Children of Mana
Hotel Dusk
Touch Detective

2007 - PHOENIX WRIGHT 2

I never said DS had a dark future, it will do well. Although I think it's odd you would list Madden in there, as I covered that about graphics. Plus, I could pick out a few of those games there are pretty weak. Harvest Moon DS, MechAssault: Phantom War (will play terrible), Clubhouse Games. Yeah, have fun.

Quote:

So at the end of the year DS will "own" in RPG department. And saying the DS loses in strategy is stretching a far bit.
Again, when did I say they "lost"? They have an excellent Strategy and an awesome upcoming RPG lineup. I just think that PSP has the better strategy games. There's no win or lose. And there's definatly no "stretching it a bit far." I said PSP just edges DS out on that one.

Quote:

You also forgot nintendogs and brain age in category games that revolutionize
What? "Revolutionize"? Giving it way too much credit.

Quote:

Also you forgot to mention that the DS can play the entire GBA library, so it "owns" in strategy, RPG...
So you're telling me that GBA had better RPGs than the PS1. Ya ok.

[quote]Also, it's not just the console that is cheaper, the games are even cheaper.[/qutoe]

It's not "what's cheaper." It's what you get out of your money. Everything mentioned in the topic is without question worth the extra $70/$10.

Quote:

But if graphics is all you care, the PSP is way to go... soon you'll have
RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER...
Miss the point by miles.

SamNMax 08-05-2006 06:16 AM

Why do I already feel this thread will just turn into a witch hunt saying I hate everything about DS? I mentioned in the original post I LOVE THE DS AND AM BEHIND IT 100%. Hell, I was a strong supporter of the "DS > PSP" idiology for a long time before I lifted the veil from my eyes. However, I am sick of DS fanboys that actually do hate everything about the PSP. It's stupid, and it's wrong.

SamNMax 08-05-2006 06:32 AM

Quote:

8/15 Deep Labyrinth
8/15 Harvest Moon DS
8/22 Madden NFL 07
8/28 Star Fox Command
9/11 Mario Hoops 3 on 3
9/12 Mega Man ZX
9/19 Contact
10/03 Final Fantasy III
10/09 Clubhouse Games
10/30 Children of Mana
Hotel Dusk
Touch Detective

2007 - PHOENIX WRIGHT 2

A great lineup, I will admit that. But honestly, in my opinion most of those titles are toppled by most anything on here.

Quote:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
FireTeam Bravo 2
Killzone Liberation
Lumines II
Madden 07
Mercury Metldown
Loco Roco
NBA Live 07
Powerstone Collection
Mortal Kombat Deception: Unchained
Need for Speed: Carbon
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Thrillville
WWE Smackdown! vs. RAW 07
Shower break. Your chance to shoot me down with by back turned is now, boys and girls.

Karmillo 08-05-2006 06:45 AM

In my opinion the only thing the DS is best at is adventure games, and thats probably cause the PSP doesnt even have any.

Even then though, they would have to get some pretty good adventures to beat Phoenix Wright(Although I wouldnt be suprised if they brought it out for the PSP aswell)

But everything in Max's original post is valid, although nintendo have never been about having movie playback and etc. they are gonna have to get allot more (good)games for the DS to keep up with the psp.

SamNMax 08-05-2006 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karmillo
nintendo have never been about having movie playback and etc.

Right, and I really should have put that in the original post.

Karmillo 08-05-2006 07:44 AM

Sarcasm or fo rl?

SamNMax 08-05-2006 07:44 AM

Why would that be sarcasm?

Karmillo 08-05-2006 07:47 AM

I dont know, I thought that you might have thought that it wasnt a good point. Better safe than sorry.

SamNMax 08-05-2006 07:51 AM

I'll point out as many positive aspects about the DS as possible. The simple fact remains that it's (DS) a great piece of hardware. PSP is just better.

Karmillo 08-05-2006 07:53 AM

True, although I dont think you mentioned Psp homebrew did you?

SamNMax 08-05-2006 07:54 AM

Damn. I knew there a lot things I missed.

wilco 08-05-2006 08:17 AM

My post was incomplete, I agree that has a raw piece of electronics the PSP is way better than DS. The DS is only about games really while the PSP was a multimedia device (although the UMD business is going really bad) that probablys works very well for what it is.

But what I most don't agree with your initial post is that the game library of the PSP is better, and not just adventure.

And the nintendogs and brain training games, although they are clearly not mine or yours taste, we weren't the target. That's the revolution I was talking back. And with games like those Nintendo didn't need to be game/Mp3 player/movie player device to win the large crowd.

I continue to prefer the DS upcoming games list even for harcore gamers, but that's just an opinion (although Loco Roco and the new Metal Gear look cool).

I wasn't implying the gba rpgs are better than the Psone, you just didn't mention the gba in the initial post.

SamNMax 08-05-2006 08:21 AM

And I can respect that, even though I disagree. And I'll be the first to admit my initial argument is a bit flawed.