You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Nintendo Wii--you getting it?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 12:34 PM   #81
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

its not a racer, its a downhill thing. yeah theres a finish line but I dont think your racing...just getting points along the way.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #82
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
Sak,

Tony Hawk on any system = shit
Gasp! How could you say such a thing?!

SKATE OR DIE!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #83
Psychonaut

How about "Echo DELTA" on the N64 it would have been a classic if released.

Some idiot paid $1500 for it on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Echo-DELTA-Unrel...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #84
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

This thread gives me a headack. Sorry I even bothered to talk to you kiddies about this topic...

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 07-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #85
Banned User

Old 07-11-2006, 02:23 AM   #86
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
I don't understand why Nintendo fanboys are so aggressive whenever anyone says anything about their console. If you don't think that the Gamecube was a disappointment, than you most probably are living in your dream world. It was almost completely dumped by 3rd party, and you barely can find any new games for it in its fourth year in the market. It was "mainly" kiddy targetted, and the Nintendo games for the most part were sequels of 20 year old franchises. The few mature games out there for it like RE 4 weren't even exclusives. Just take a look at the sales of the Gamecube, and how it is causing losses for Nintendo, and tell me if it was a disappointment or not. It is very natural to be skeptical of their new console, until they prove that they deliver more than just 20 year old franchises.

Oh and Red Steel, possibly the only mature looking game for the Wii doesn't even have blood. How ultra realistic.
I don't think any of us are Nintendo fanboys except maaaaaaayyybe Mory. We're defending Nintendo from incredibly inane arguments against a company that has been around making games since 8-bit and has always been stepping toward innovation in the industry. I don't own a GameCube but I love Nintendo (note: not in a fanboy way) and I hope they never fall because of the giant software companies like Microsoft and Sony. So anyways, seeing really stupid arguments against Nintendo from XBox- and PS-fanboys irritates me enough.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:31 AM   #87
Slim Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakSquash
Nah. The games look like sheight.
I agree
Old 07-11-2006, 02:32 AM   #88
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Oh and Red Steel, possibly the only mature looking game for the Wii doesn't even have blood. How ultra realistic.
Can't see how you can argue against that!
Old 07-11-2006, 03:34 AM   #89

I'm getting a Wii. I was planning on getting the PS3, but I just realized that I haven't seen any games for it that I'm interested in. That, and the fact that I'm not made of money yet.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:19 AM   #90
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
So anyways, seeing really stupid arguments against Nintendo from XBox- and PS-fanboys irritates me enough.
Excuse me !!!! I'm the biggest nintendo fan HERE. I own GB, GBA, N64, Gamecube and owned the first Nintendo. It just hurts me the Nintendo is soooo stupid to kill a fanchise with the release of the Wind Waker. I mean, COME ON !!!! Even the movie "Lilo and Stich" looked more realistic. More so... They kick away their 3rd party support. Not one game can be see for the Gamecube. The Mario for the Cube was a re-release of Mario 64. I spend $200 ON A CONSOLE THAT I DON'T HAVE ONE GREAT GAME FOR. Then I spend money on memory... just to find out I put my money in NOTHING !!! I got the xbox ... IT has GREAT games... Nice prices... And a hard drive. If you want me to hide the fact that not one game was normal looking for the gamecube, that the color they picked for their OWN console WAS PINK, that the fact Wind Waker was made for PRE-schoolers, That the fact THE ONLY games coming out for the Gamecube are FIRST PARTIES ONLY !!!! The fact that if you took away all the games that were made after movies and t.v. show... YOU'D ONLY GET 1ST PARTY GAMES !!!! The fact that PS1 beat Nintendo 64's in sells. The fact that there NO blood on ANY gamecube game... THAT'S saying SOMETHING.... I don't care how great the Wii is... If they don't have games to make EVERYONE happy... They are CRAP !!! On the other hand there was Luigi's Mansion. A GREAT game. Some people may argue that it's childish. But it's NOT. That game (at some points) scared me with it's screams. Not alot... But did. So did Zelda OOT. Nintendo could have gone down that road... But instead they release crappy Wind Waker !!!! You know how every kid wants to be grown up ? So I'm guessing that even a kid would be ashamed to play the Wind Waker. As a side note... Cops should use Wind Waker as a tool to catch molesters. Any man over the age of 25 to 30 caught playing the Wind Waker... Is than likely is 1. gay. or 2. a molester !!!! When I get my $200 dollars back (Along with the money I spend on the games)... I will THEN be pro-Nintendo. Until then.... Nintendo messed me up with the Gamecube... So, I will be anti-Nintendo ALL I WANT !!!!

*AND IF YOU THINK THAT NINTENDO IS CHANGING (with the release of Zelda:TP and the Wii) YOU NEED TO THINK AGAIN. The name "Wii" is vulgar, dirty, and from a business point of, just stupid. A 3 year old kid could come up with better. It's a sad thing when your friend calls you and askes "What are you doing ?" and you answer him "Playing with my wii" Or worst, is you having to go to a store and asking for a Wii. Nintendo should have just cut the crap and name there next gen the "P" word. That way people will know what it is, what it stands for, and the games that are released for it.*
Old 07-11-2006, 08:26 AM   #91
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
I don't think any of us are Nintendo fanboys except maaaaaaayyybe Mory.
Yeah, I guess so. [shrugs]

nl4m, I'm sorry you can't get over bright colors. Maybe it's some childhood trauma or something. Maybe you'll heal eventually. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy playing Wii. I hope that's okay with you.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:56 AM   #92
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl4m
Excuse me !!!! Blah blah blha bullshit bullshit bullshit
Dude, you're out of your mind! Have you recently looked at A Link to the Past?!? (or the two Zelda games before it, for that matter) If you're telling me that the gayification and kiddification of Nintendo happened sometime a few years ago, you're insane! That has been their look and feel from the getgo. If anything Ocarina of Time was a departure because the 3d hardware they were using and the new modus operandi all of a sudden weren't condusive to pretty games. In the count-your-bits days they had 16 colors to work with, so they couldn't go into the pastelly end of the spectrum.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:43 AM   #93

kiddi game? no blood? geezus people grow up. Blood sprites dont make a game any real than no blood. If the game is fun its fun, if you replaced link with hello kitty and the gameplay was just as good i would still play it, a good game is a good game. As for graphics, yah nintendo is stupid, i mean at least have 1080p support, im predicting there will be a 2nd version of wii with 1080p support, nintendo always pulls crap like that.

as for the ps3, ill probbaly get that but only because it supports 1080p and is basically doubles as a blueray disc player 1080p movies! oh and ff13. Final Fantasy = Playstations success.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #94
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez82
If the game is fun its fun, if you replaced link with hello kitty and the gameplay was just as good i would still play it, a good game is a good game.
Indeed, davez has said what I wanted to say last night before AG went down, much more succinctly and with less abuse. Who says that games have to involve blowing zombies' faces off to a hiphop soundtrack before adults can deign to play them? The same people who think that even looking at Animal Crossing will turn you into a raging bumlord, apparently. I think it's this attitude more than anything that upsets Nintendo 'fanboys' - simply because their favourite publisher chooses to focus on making their games fun, rather than EXTREME, and people consider them inferior because of it.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:04 PM   #95
is not wierd

Exactly. And the other argument I dislike is that "oh.....they just keep using the same damn characters over and over." First off, it's not true even though they do continue their franchises still (Nintendogs and Animal Crossing are, for instance, big hits). But even so, unlike what happens to most series when they drag on...Nintendo still continues to make their Mario and Zelda games fresh and incredibly fun, more than a decade after the first ones appeared.

And ni4m, sorry to hear about GameCube troubles. But honestly, complaining Wind Waker didn't look "realistic" is rather immaturish, no? I guess be happy Twilight Princess is not in the same style. And, really, the Wii name-game got old months ago. I feel sorry for people that aren't going to buy the system simply because of the peculiar name. I mean really, is 'Playstation' or 'XBox' really that much more "cool"?
Old 07-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #96
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
Animal Crossing will turn you into a raging bumlord.
Well that settles what I'm buying everyone this Christmas.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 07-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #97
is not wierd

Oh that's what he meant by bumlord. Hah, I like that!
Old 07-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #98
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice3838
he new Nintendo Wii is coming to stores shortly. So, my question is, are you getting it? ((Or if you're broke/saving like me...do you have any desire to get it?))
i'm a fan, but i won't be getting it, i just can't afford anything anymore.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 07-12-2006, 02:22 AM   #99
Has a jaw of sweet teeth

Quote:
Excuse me !!!! I'm the biggest nintendo fan HERE. I own GB, GBA, N64, Gamecube and owned the first Nintendo.
no i dont belive you are... if we are going to compare mashines go ahead, i got nes, snes, n64, gc, gb, ds... and i defenitly will buy Wii(and im going to be proad as i ask for it in the store!)

Quote:
*blah blah* The Mario for the Cube was a re-release of Mario 64.
no it was on ds... and it was called Mario 64 DS (hmm, yeah it must be a new game, not a re-release! *OBS. sarcasm*)

Quote:
I spend $200 ON A CONSOLE THAT I DON'T HAVE ONE GREAT GAME FOR.
too cheap to buy some... eyy.

Quote:
! On the other hand there was Luigi's Mansion. A GREAT game. Some people may argue that it's childish. But it's NOT.
it was damn easy, fun but easy... i think i got it, you have played any other gc game and got stuck (becouse theyre not as easy as LM) and blaimed the game for being childish and never played it again, and as time went on you where start beliving your own lies, and are now silly-arguing with some guys at a forum... just a guess

Quote:
But instead they release crappy Wind Waker !!!!
seriusly, have you ever played it? (or just looked at some pics)
Quote:
Any man over the age of 25 to 30 caught playing the Wind Waker... Is than likely is 1. gay. or 2. a molester !!!!
no, sorry. not one of them... and i have played through WW 3 times.

Quote:
*AND IF YOU THINK THAT NINTENDO IS CHANGING (with the release of Zelda:TP and the Wii) YOU NEED TO THINK AGAIN.
nooo... dont, use, the... big letters... AAArgh...

Quote:
A 3 year old kid could come up with better.
isnt that great, the first thing he will say: " Wiii " (great PR?)
Old 07-12-2006, 03:06 AM   #100
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL
nl4m, I'm sorry you can't get over bright colors. Maybe it's some childhood trauma or something. Maybe you'll heal eventually. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy playing Wii. I hope that's okay with you.
HAHAHAHA... Really funny. I was just saying how I felt. I was more upset when I saw the Wind Waker for the first time. I had high hopes for Nintendo, I was expecting the world from them. And they let me down. It's amazing how many games have been ported from the p.c. to Xbox and PS2, but never for the Cube. I really think that if Nintendo wants to be number 1. they really have to start offering more realistic games. Games that everyone wants. I'm not saying GTA, just more realistic. Like Syberia. I even LOVE Pokemon. And some people may even make fun of me for liking it, since it is for kids. But compare (somewhat) realistic Pokemon to Wind Waker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fajerkaos
no i dont belive you are... if we are going to compare mashines go ahead, i got nes, snes, n64, gc, gb, ds... and i defenitly will buy Wii(and im going to be proad as i ask for it in the store!)
HAHAHAHAHAH. Yes. If I ever wanted a Wii, and was ashamed to ask for it, I'd call you, ok ?

Quote:
no it was on ds... and it was called Mario 64 DS (hmm, yeah it must be a new game, not a re-release! *OBS. sarcasm*)
No. I meant what I said. That Mario sunshine looks/played alot like Mario 64.

Quote:
too cheap to buy some... eyy.
Ok... Tell me YOUR good games ? What are you going to say ? "Metorid Prime" ? Played it. I have to say that games without a story, aren't for me.

Quote:
it was damn easy, fun but easy...
MY POINT EXACTLY !!!!!! It was very enjoyable. Luigi's mansion was the type of game you can play and not worry about never finishing. You didn't have to play the same part over and over again. That, and the fact that it had some scare to it. Made it a great game.

Quote:
i think i got it, you have played any other gc game and got stuck (becouse theyre not as easy as LM) and blaimed the game for being childish and never played it again, and as time went on you where start beliving your own lies, and are now silly-arguing with some guys at a forum... just a guess
Wow... You hit the nail on the head with this one !!! How did you guess ? This was very smart of you to "guess". But your right. Most of the games released for the Gamecube were hard, not so with the Xbox. So I always do research to see what games to get. I only bought Metroid prime, thinking it was easy. Aside from that... The other games I have are... Harry Potter: CS, Wario, Zelda: OOT and MQ, Zelda collector's edition, Zelda: WW, Harvest moon, Soul Calibur, Super Smash brothers, Luigi's mansion, Metroid Prime, and that's it. $200 dollars spent on on a 9 games (Zelda: CE and OOT/MQ came free) ? And I bet your thinking that it's my fault that Nintendo can't release easy games ? No. It's a game makers job to please the people. Xbox did a better job than the Gamecube. For Xbox I have... Jetset radio, Sega GT 2002, Fable, Indigo prophice, Broken Sword, Syberia 1 and 2, Shenmue 2, Myst 3, Dreamfall, Sims bustin out, Nightcaster, Yu-Gi-Oh, Jade empire, Oddworld, Silent hill 2, Ncaa football 2005, Top Spin.... And am getting Myst 4. That's 18 games to 9. If you were to compare "great games". Only Still Life, Syberia 1 and 2, and Shenmue 2 would be there. Why ? All have a GREAT story.

You know fajerkaos... There was a time I was just like you only pro-Nintendo.... Until I saved up enough money to buy a Xbox. So then I opened a thread and said "I played Shenmue 1 and am dying to play Shenmue 2, but it's only out for the Xbox. There are a few other games I want, 4 in total. Should I get the Xbox for 4 games ?" And one guy said "Believe me... There will be other games you'll love". I thought he was thinking of games like Halo, and discarded his statement. I thought that "Nintendo has Zelda, and Pokemon, and now luigi's mansion... There for, they are the best. Xbox only has Shenmue as a good game." But I was sooo hard headed that I got the Xbox anyway. I did a little research, and found a few VERY easy games... In this search I found games like Broken Sword and Syberia... So first I got Broken Sword... Which was a GREAT game. Then I went to buy Syberia... The guy who worked at the store told me "This is only point and click... It's not a game you'll like." After hearing point and click... I bought the game. Which turned out to be SUPER GREAT.... Game after game were ALL great, and easy to play. And you should thank God your not any where near New York. Other wise I'd FORCE you to play Xbox, until you admitted that it's a GREAT system. There is a reason why it out sold the Cube. And after finishing ONE game... YOU'D buy the Xbox YOURSELF. Then you'd come here and brag about how great Syberia is and how people haven't lived until they've played it. Just as I'm doing now. And when you want to stop spending money... You'll find another great game... Then you'll buy "Still Life..." and after seeing it's graphics.... You wouldn't need to buy an Xbox 360 to see next gen.

Quote:
seriusly, have you ever played it? (or just looked at some pics)
WARNING !!!! From here on there will be ALOT OF SPOILERS !!!!! SO DON'T READ IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO PLAY ZELDA: WIND WAKER !!!

After playing the game only once... I'll tell you what I remember. You start the game off on an Island "Outset Island", it's link's birthday, he gets a green suit, a bird drops "Tetra" in the woods... Link saves her only to see that his sister is kidnapped. Tetra takes him to Ganon's fortress, and shoots him into a wall.... Link bumps his body against the wall and slides down... I don't remember what else happens. All I know is that Link falls in the water... a talking ship finds him and takes him to the shop/island. There link buys a sail.. and they setoff.... They go to the fire temple, first (I believe)... There is something to do with mail... and the princess who is also a sage.. You use bombs to higher the water level to pick yourself up to enter the fire temple... I forgot what temple comes next... I think the green one. I remember you have to talk to the deku tree and he tells you that one of his "kids" was kidnapped. Then you have to go and see the fish... in outset island. He gives you a water stone and you have to go to the 3 statues... You put the stones in the staute and this place pops up... It's all water so you have to use your boat to move around the temple. You win the place and you have to go to the fortress... There you free the kidnapped girls and save the day... But the quest isn't over... You get sucked in the water... and find that there is Hyrule... a land that sunk. You also find that Tetra is Zelda and the boat is the king of Hyrule... You have to do some more fighting and you get to Ganons hideout. You fight Ganon in 3 forms.. and after winning him.. you have to go to the top... climb ropes and use the hook shot to get up... After you get up.. Zelda is waiting for you there to fight Ganon.... Ganon does this trick where he jumps and swings the swods around.... You beat him by hit the arrows zelda sends you, off your sheild and in Ganon.... Once you beat Ganon a movie play... Link jumps and sticks his sword in Ganons head and water start coming in... Link gets out so does Zelda... but he king stays... Bubbles start coming up... and the game ends... You start the game off with Link in a blue shirt with a white crab on it.... And his waving to Zelda... and zelda is in on her ship... Then the 3 triforces pop up and "The End" thingy pops up. Ohh... and you have to get your peices of the triforce to get to Ganon... So after you won the 3 places... You have to find the trifore that are under the water in pieces... I also remember there being a fat ghost guy.... He hits you with his stomach... and you have to shine light on him... That's ALL I remember !!! I told you I played it. Ohhh... and while Link and Ganon are fighting... there is water falling behind them...

Quote:
no, sorry. not one of them... and i have played through WW 3 times.
Really ? I don't know ONE person who played the wind waker more than once.

Last edited by nl4m; 07-12-2006 at 04:22 AM.