You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Nintendo Wii--you getting it?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 08:50 AM   #61
Banned User

Hahah. Well whatever. I probably won't get one as they haven't impressed me with their last few systems and you guys will and that's that.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #62
Banned User

Ok... I have a Gamecube and N64. And I have to say that ever since the release of the Gamecube, Nintendo has taken a childish turn. I'm NOT saying the games are bad. I have Wind Waker and it's a nice game (at best). But it looks childish. If you let a grown man play wind waker, he'd look GAY. It would be the same as a grown man watching "Power Rangers" or "Barney". If you've seen one car commercial where a fairy goes around and makes everything "cute"... And at the end she turns this guy "cute". His wearing pink shirt and walking 3 little dogs. If the picture was taken from a far... I'd say it was Paris Hilton. THAT'S HOW GAY HE WAS !!!! To see a man playing a game like Animal Crossing and Wind Waker will make him look as if he was a child. Neither games are bad. It's just tooo many colors are used (I've seen less colors on the "Gay Pride's Day" parade ). The game doesn't seem real at all. The head of the main character in Aminal Crossing looks like melon. Not to even mention the animals in the village. It's just childish....

Now to the people that say "If you aren't in knee-deep gore, the game is childish".... First off... The game called "Syberia" has NO killing, NO shooting, No blood, NO hitting, No fighting, No violence, No nudity, and NOT even one bad word. Yet the game is just GREAT. It's SUPER great, one of the greatest games EVER. It's for everyone. But it's NOT childish, why ? No stuffed animal characters and no pinkish gay colors !!! It's just a real life game. Another game that isn't very violent but is GREAT, is Oddworld and Jet set Radio.... both are GREAT games... just no violence and killing. JSR even has alot of colors and wierd characters... but a nice game, no pink. So are games like Myst and Shenmue !!!! Just GREAT games, without alot of violence.... If you look at Ocarina of Time, and compare it to the Wind Waker... Both are rated "E" for everyone, both have around the same amount of killing/fighting, both are made by the same company, both have the same characters, both no blood... Yet one looks childish, guess which one ? And guess why ? I'll give you a hint... Gay colors.

Speaking of Ocarina of Time... Who EVER says he/she doesn't like Zelda... You haven't lived til you've play Ocarina of Time !!!!! THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE !!! EVER !!! Just GREAT !!!! Breath-takingly GREAT !!!! The greatest game ever made !!!! Every character and every house and ever word said, is just GREAT !!! GREAT.... Yet it didn't have the colorful world of Wind waker, so even if a man plays it. He doesn't appear as if he was a kid.

After saying this.... I have one more thing to add.... BRING CARROT TOP ON !!! WOW !!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH... GO carrot top !!! You rock !!! If Nintendo made a game about Carrot top in hell "attacking" people... THAT would be the greatest game EVER !!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHA.... Than I'd buy the Wii... Until than... I'm waiting to see what console has the most point and click games. Which ever one does... I'm getting it.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:22 AM   #63
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakSquash
I'm just saying that it's supposed to be the Next Generation. I know the 360 and PS3 and revolutionary leaps over the last gen's games, but you can still tell the difference. Have fun paying $60 for games that look like first gen xbox games.

Graphics aren't the most important thing. But they're still important.
$60? I think not- that's just PS3. Iwata has promised games which are much cheaper. And that's not even talking about the under-$10 Virtual Console games, many at least as good as any modern $50 game.

Secondly, I have never looked at a well-made Gamecube game and said, "I wish that had more detailed models."
Old 07-10-2006, 09:24 AM   #64
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL
Forget good games. Let's talk about great games.
Metroid Prime 2
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Super Smash Bros. Melee
F-Zero GX
Pikmin
Resident Evil 4
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Animal Crossing
Super Monkey Ball

..and these are just the ones I own personally. There are still tons of games that look great which I want like Fire Emblem and Chibi Robo and Super Paper Mario and Twilight Princess and Ikaruga. I don't see how this is "a few".

Metroid Prime 2 ? Halo 2 holds the record for most pre-ordered games.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker ? Ico.

Super Smash Bros. Melee ? Soul Calibur.

F-Zero GX ? Project gotham.

Pikmin ? .... Training your monsters in Yu-gi-oh is great.

Resident Evil 4 ? Silent hill is scarier !!!

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat ? Dance revolution.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door ? God of war.

Animal Crossing ? Sims/harvest moon.

Super Monkey Ball ? Friz fusion (i think)

These are some of GREAT games out there... What ever was released on the gamecube... Others did better. And let's not forget GTA and Still Life and Shadow of destony and Final Fantasy.....
Old 07-10-2006, 09:26 AM   #65
Not like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl4m
Now to the people that say "If you aren't in knee-deep gore, the game is childish".... First off... The game called "Syberia" has NO killing, NO shooting, No blood, NO hitting, No fighting, No violence, No nudity, and NOT even one bad word. Yet the game is just GREAT. It's SUPER great, one of the greatest games EVER. It's for everyone. But it's NOT childish, why ? No stuffed animal characters and no pinkish gay colors !!! It's just a real life game. Another game that isn't very violent but is GREAT, is Oddworld and Jet set Radio.... both are GREAT games... just no violence and killing. JSR even has alot of colors and wierd characters... but a nice game, no pink. So are games like Myst and Shenmue !!!! Just GREAT games, without alot of violence.... If you look at Ocarina of Time, and compare it to the Wind Waker... Both are rated "E" for everyone, both have around the same amount of killing/fighting, both are made by the same company, both have the same characters, both no blood... Yet one looks childish, guess which one ? And guess why ? I'll give you a hint... Gay colors.
The Wind Waker also happens to have some of the most beautiful graphics I've ever seen. But that doesn't matter at all, does it?- We're just talking about the most obvious superficialities here, right?
Old 07-10-2006, 09:30 AM   #66
Banned User

Quote:
$60? I think not- that's just PS3. Iwata has promised games which are much cheaper. And that's not even talking about the under-$10 Virtual Console games, many at least as good as any modern $50 game.

Secondly, I have never looked at a well-made Gamecube game and said, "I wish that had more detailed models."
For real? My bad.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:34 AM   #67
Banned User

Quote:
The Wind Waker also happens to have some of the most beautiful graphics I've ever seen. But that doesn't matter at all, does it?- We're just talking about the most obvious superficialities here, right?
It does have GREAT graphic's, but so did that game "Superman 64", yet those graphics never stopped it from being the worst game ever made. As for this gen... I think THE BEST graphic ever go to "Still Life" for the Xbox, do those graphics make it a good game ? No. The storyline makes it a great game. I'm not saying wind waker was bad. It was good. I just don't recommend it to anyone over the age of 15. Ocarina of time, on the other game is for everyone. It's very realistic.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:35 AM   #68
Not like them!

Quote:
Metroid Prime 2 ? Halo 2 holds the record for most pre-ordered games.
Oh my god, you're right! Suddenly I see how worthless Metroid Prime 2 is. It didn't sell well!- It must be one of those worthless trash games like Beyond Good & Evil and Psychonauts, not a work of art like Halo 2.

Quote:
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker ? Ico.
What about Ico? So Ico's good. What does that prove?

Quote:
Super Smash Bros. Melee ? Soul Calibur.
Sorry, but those are two completely different types of fighting games. And Soul Calibur 2 was available for GCN, for whatever that shows.

Quote:
F-Zero GX ? Project gotham.
Okay, you named two racing games. Good for you! You must be feeling really proud of yourself for figuring out that they both involve cars.

Quote:
Pikmin ? .... Training your monsters in Yu-gi-oh is great.
That's Pokemon!! Pikmin is a strategy game!

Quote:
Resident Evil 4 ? Silent hill is scarier !!!
Well, then, I guess the incredible experience I had with RE4 is completely worthless- constant twists and turns are completely pointless if I'm not getting THE ABSOLUTELY SCARIEST GAME EVER MADE!!!!

Quote:
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat ? Dance revolution.
Jungle Beat is a platformer, you idiot!

Quote:
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door ? God of war.
Sure, God of War really does get that comedy RPG formula down pat.

Quote:
These are some of GREAT games out there... What ever was released on the gamecube... Others did better. And let's not forget GTA and Still Life and Shadow of destony and Final Fantasy.....
Who ever said there are no games off Gamecube which are worth playing? I certainly didn't. What I said is that there are a ton of games on Gamecube which are memorable classics. I don't see how any of this argues against that.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #69
Banned User

For the RECORD... I would LOVE it if someone, ANYONE can trade me my Gamecube for their PS2...
Old 07-10-2006, 09:37 AM   #70
Not like them!

Quote:
It does have GREAT graphic's, but so did that game "Superman 64", yet those graphics never stopped it from being the worst game ever made.
Which goes back to what I said: Graphics don't count for much.
Quote:
As for this gen... I think THE BEST graphic ever go to "Still Life" for the Xbox, do those graphics make it a good game ? No. The storyline makes it a great game. I'm not saying wind waker was bad. It was good. I just don't recommend it to anyone over the age of 15. Ocarina of time, on the other game is for everyone. It's very realistic.
OoT isn't a game for everyone because it's "realistic", it's a game for everyone because it's an amazing game.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:39 AM   #71
In an evening of July...

The PS2 is just so much more hardcore, isn't it.
No, I doubt I'll be getting a Wii. I have no desire whatsoever to play another Mario, or Zelda. Those characters have been around for - what now, a decade? - just let them die already, Nintendo. I'm sick of Sam Fisher already, and Splinter Cell has had only a few sequels - and I wouldn't want a Sam Fisher Kart or Fisher Smashing Brothers. Besides, if the graphic quality doesn't matter - why not stay with PS2 or Gamecube? The gaming production for the PS2 isn't about to die anytime soon.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #72
Grah! Grah!

Quote:
Until than... I'm waiting to see what console has the most point and click games. Which ever one does... I'm getting it.
How the fuck can any of them except maybe the Revolution have point and click games? Consoles traditionally don't have mouses, and I'm sure you realise point and click is a style of interface rather than a game genre.

The rest of your post I can't think of an effective way to respond to without grazing my knuckles, so I won't.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #73
Banned User

Quote:
Oh my god, you're right! Suddenly I see how worthless Metroid Prime 2 is. It didn't sell well!- It must be one of those worthless trash games like Beyond Good & Evil and Psychonauts, not a work of art like Halo 2.
Beyond good and evil was nice.

Quote:
What about Ico? So Ico's good. What does that prove?
I post it to prove that what ever Nintendo released, Others had more mature/better games.

Quote:
Sorry, but those are two completely different types of fighting games. And Soul Calibur 2 was available for GCN, for whatever that shows.
Fighting game is still a fighting game...

Quote:
Okay, you named two racing games. Good for you! You must be feeling really proud of yourself for figuring out that they both involve cars.
HAHAHAHAHAH... Now I want my prize HAHAHAHha...

Quote:
That's Pokemon!! Pikmin is a strategy game!
Pokemon was sweeet. The first game. The rest were nothing but copies. Yu-gi-oh... Every game has new cards that do new things.

Quote:
Well, then, I guess the incredible experience I had with RE4 is completely worthless-
It's not that it was worthless. It's just it was release for PS2, as well. Nintendo didn't release anything as scary as that.

Quote:
constant twists and turns are completely pointless if I'm not getting THE ABSOLUTELY SCARIEST GAME EVER MADE!!!!
I was just saying... If your were aiming for scary... Silent Hill is it. I stopped playing that game, how scary it was.

Quote:
Jungle Beat is a platformer, you idiot!
Yes... Beating drums is SOOO "platformer-mic".

Quote:
Sure, God of War really does get that comedy RPG formula down pat.
Yes... God of War was RPG so was Paper Mario, right ?

Quote:
Who ever said there are no games off Gamecube which are worth playing? I certainly didn't.
There are... But the games were play are few. Mario, Zelda, Metroid.... 10 games IF. Xbox has 10 good games release a year.

Quote:
What I said is that there are a ton of games on Gamecube which are memorable classics.
That were released on other platforms as well.

Quote:
I don't see how any of this argues against that.
I have Xbox and Gamecube... I own 10 games for the Gamecube, 3 of which came free. I own 20 games for Xbox, only one was free. If I were to judge by this what console was better, I'd say Xbox. Plus it has a hard drive...
Old 07-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #74
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkface
How the fuck can any of them except maybe the Revolution have point and click games? Consoles traditionally don't have mouses, and I'm sure you realise point and click is a style of interface rather than a game genre.

The rest of your post I can't think of an effective way to respond to without grazing my knuckles, so I won't.
Yes. I know point and click were made for the P.C. But there have been alot of games the have been ported. The following are point and click games avalible on this gen consoles...

1. Myst 3
2. Myst 4
3. Still Live
4. Syberia 1
5. Syberia 2
6. Shadow of Destony
7. Monkey Island
8. Nancy Drew
9. Brain trace
10. Broken Sword.... To name a few.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #75
Banned User

Nancy Drew? Which system was that on?
Old 07-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #76
Banned User

^ It's only Nancy Drew and the hauted mansion on the GBA. I have one
Old 07-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #77
Homer of Kittens

I don't understand why Nintendo fanboys are so aggressive whenever anyone says anything about their console. If you don't think that the Gamecube was a disappointment, than you most probably are living in your dream world. It was almost completely dumped by 3rd party, and you barely can find any new games for it in its fourth year in the market. It was "mainly" kiddy targetted, and the Nintendo games for the most part were sequels of 20 year old franchises. The few mature games out there for it like RE 4 weren't even exclusives. Just take a look at the sales of the Gamecube, and how it is causing losses for Nintendo, and tell me if it was a disappointment or not. It is very natural to be skeptical of their new console, until they prove that they deliver more than just 20 year old franchises.

Oh and Red Steel, possibly the only mature looking game for the Wii doesn't even have blood. How ultra realistic.

Firefox rules
Old 07-10-2006, 10:25 AM   #78
Banned User

There's only one game for the Wii that i'm interested in.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:42 AM   #79
Psychonaut

Sak,

Tony Hawk on any system = shit
Old 07-10-2006, 10:44 AM   #80
Homer of Kittens

Isn't the wii version supposed to be a racer as opposed to the other consoles where it is freestyle?

Firefox rules