You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General ''Doomfall: The Longest Journey'' Now 360 Compatible!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2006, 10:14 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I'm a bit confused. Whose definition of 'hardcore' are you using? I thought hardcore meant anyone who plays video games very passtionately and devotes a great deal of their time to them. So do you mean that someone who is highly skilled and deeply knowledgeable about FIFA and Madden, is a fan of those games, and admires such features in them as the realistic graphics and sound is not a hardcore gamer compared to someone else who is all about Halo 2 and Counter-Strike Source? What is the requisite to be categorized as a 'hardcore' gamer, then?

Well, I was just opposing to the argument that hardcore games = fps and sports, which appearently makes the Xbox more hardcore. I just found that plain wrong. A hardcore gamer, is as you said, passionate about games, and it doesn't matter at all what genre this player likes. Just because a gamer likes FPSs better than shoot'em ups or racing games doesn't make them any more hardcore.

I could've worded my opinion a lot better though.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:36 AM   #62
merely human

Ah, okay. Thanks.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-17-2006, 12:57 PM   #63
Lovable rogue

In case any UK gamers are interested, I just read this over at Game:

Quote:
We first covered Dreamfall in a Preview a couple of months ago, in those long, heady spring months before the sun came out and kicked off our hay fever - and more annoyingly still, before they cancelled the Xbox version of the game.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 06-17-2006, 03:12 PM   #64
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

WHAT?!

Does this mean I cant import an American version?

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives